Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Good work Pentium!  You can do this! 

On the homefront, I continue to do nothing.

Nichi

Thanks for the support, guys ^_^

@Choco: Well, I found a USB wireless adapter that could work. It's more expensive than replacing the internal one from what I've seen, and it would use up a USB port, but it'd be simpler to setup

Speaking of wireless, the AirPort card for Sonata arrived today. In fact, I'm typing this from her right now

Chocofreak13

i actually have a usb reciver. it's just lost. and sucks. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, if that tech guy you go to isn't in business anymore, and you could afford to ship Speedy, I could try to fix her. After all, from what I stumbled onto while doing research on Asagi, both of them have the same basic setup inside, and use pretty much the same wireless card

As for using Sonata online, this site looks more presentable on Panther with Firefox 2, although it's faster with OS9 and Classilla. Plus, on OS X, I have access to Skype...although having it in the background while using Firefox makes things very slow.

Chocofreak13

i would if i wasn't strapped for time and cash. if it were a month earlier, i'd have taken you up on your offer. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, if Speedy still isn't working by the time you do have the money, the offer still stands

Anyway, while at work today, I discovered the unfortunate news that the HR rep can't do anything about my boss' decision to adjust the schedule, so my only option is to confront him directly, as futile as it may be, and try to convince him to keep it during the daytime; even working 12 to 7 wouldn't be too bad compared to what he wants. However, he apparently wasn't there today; preventing me from doing this on my way out

Chocofreak13

sorry to hear that, man. maybe you could request a transfer to a different department.

also, it's not so much a factor of money as it is time. my college starts back up in about 2 weeks, and i need my laptop for it. :\

EDIT: so guys, i found headphones for nej:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKULLCANDY-HESH-Viking-Illustration-STEREO-HEADPHONES-/170679061434?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item27bd43cbba

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I would, but I'm really aiming to leave the hospital entirely. I feel there's not much room for me to go anywhere in that place without a medical degree of some kind; which, after some of the things I've seen just cleaning equipment, I know that the medical field is not right for me.

Chocofreak13

i imagine it takes alot of patience to clean up a stranger's poo. :\

EDIT: guess who won the auction again, bitches.....
http://popularemoticons.com/wp-content/plugins/wpshapeshiftr/images/do-happy-faces-im.png

(ps. have images been disabled for this thread or something? :\ )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: Congrats! ^_^

Also, on the matter of images not working, I'll test that real quick:

It's working for me, so it may be a problem with the site your pic is on

Bella

I may or may not be getting a credit card to, you know, further my training as Responsible Adult. 'v'

Chocofreak13

ho jeez. good luck, i'd like to avoid getting a credit card for as long as possible, considering there's other ways to build credit. ><; they be evil things. think i'll stick to prepaid. :\

@pentium: likely. either way, my message got across. ^^

(ironically enough, after i had finished paying for the one we won, i saw a link to another plastic SM bento.....with the main senshi, with chibi moon, neptune, uranus, and pluto....and it came with SM chopsticks. i was bitter for a few minutes, till i saw the shipping charge. they were asking 19 bucks for the shipping. combined with the current max bid, they were asking what i had just paid, $42. at that second, i decided that it wasn't worth it, and i'm happy with what i have. i'd rather save for a matching thermos.

however, if i could find some SM chopsticks, that WOULD be pretty sweet......)
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

There's Sailor Moon everything isn't there?

Also: There was a 5.9 earthquake about thirty miles from here.  Oh shit.

Chocofreak13

hope you're ok.

also, yes, there's pretty much a sailor moon everything, fan-made or otherwise. in the case of the chopsticks, i found some for sale on flickr, and some on the site i was going to buy a cardcaptors thermos from (they're splitting up the lunchbox-thermos set, which makes me sad, but it's a sweet thermos and i don't really need the lunchbox right now, maybe later). they're the wooden kind you have to snap apart, but they're $4.50 and still pretty nice. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I saw the news report about the earthquake when passing by a TV at work earlier. I hope everybody in that area is ok