Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I just looked at the links Choco posted over in /Weather. I want them; especially the Weeping Angel, Dalek, and, if available, the 7th Doctor.

Chocofreak13

i'd like a set of the dr. who legoish toys, but i want the plush tardis more. it makes the materialization noise!!!! ~^0^~

@stew: i hope we can all get along regardless of our university of choice, lol. xD
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 20, 2011, 08:53:35 PM
Er, no, its because I'm a die hard University of Iowa fan..... the blood enemies of Iowa State.

My bad. ^^;;

To answer Kari and Aurora: I'd like to find a job in the museum industry, but it would appear that no colleges (okay, none I've looked into) in New England have a museum studies degree program. Fine art/photography would be my next choice, probably - if only for the fact that photography is the only art i'd ever consider pursuing at a professional level and PLAN on making a career out of at some point.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

No.  There is no excuse for Virginia Tech or Iowa State.  Though I won't kill anyone over it.  I'll just seethe silently.

Chocofreak13

deep seated rivalries always make me wonder how they got started. sometimes, it's a territorial dispute, sometimes it's a vendetta (the yankees taking babe ruth, for example), sometimes it's a common love interest (ino vs sakura), but alot of times rivalries are left unexplained. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 20, 2011, 09:21:28 PM
Quote from: Bella on August 20, 2011, 09:08:14 PM
Fine art/photography would be my next choice, probably

COME TO MY SCHOOL

(btw, google-chan was really helpful in finding a couple universities with museum study programs:
http://www.unh.edu/history/index.cfm?id=4A9774D5-01BF-8B8C-0CA42C4461364CC0
http://museummarket.com/MStudUS.htm#NewEngland
http://www.bu.edu/ah/programs/museum-studies/
http://ase.tufts.edu/museumStudies/faq.asp )

Holy crap, I've been on two of those websites (UNH and BU) and wasn't able to find the info you did... @__@

*high fives*

Chocofreak13

i suppose you could call google my familiar. INTERNET WIZARDRY FTW~~

btw, there's a branch of BU literally next to my school. :3

EDIT: i just had a realization: pregnancy, by definition, means the mother has a parasite. :3
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Speaking of, this week is registration call week on my end.

ROYAL COLLEGE OF SCIENCES HEAR I COEM

Also: i got my AMC membership card, posted to me here. I was amused.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

does this mean you're going to uppsala? or MIT? :\ (MIT might be better for graduate studies, anyway.)

.....and what's amc?
click to make it bigger

Bella

Kungliga Vetenskapsakademien?

Nichi

Bannakaffalatta? </doctor_who>

I had to say that...

NejinOniwa

Uppsala and/or Stockholm for now, depending. MIT might be better for later on, yeah. I'll see how I do in the beginning over here though.

And that was supposed to be KTH, but I suppose that IS the proper translation. Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, which'd be Royal Technological College or something, which is where the University of Stockholm houses its Physics program.

And AMC = Appalachian Mountain Club, the guys who run the hiking lodges and huts and trails and all dat 'round Uh-merica.

And no. NOT Bannakaffalatta.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

good for you, man ^^

...my legs are SOOORE. ><;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 20, 2011, 09:41:07 PM
EDIT: i just had a realization: pregnancy, by definition, means the mother has a parasite. :3

.................I've been telling people this for years. The no good fetuses divert all their mothers' energy and harm her in return.

/thisiswhyimprodeathdealwithit

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 21, 2011, 11:54:40 AM
Uppsala and/or Stockholm for now, depending. MIT might be better for later on, yeah. I'll see how I do in the beginning over here though.

And that was supposed to be KTH, but I suppose that IS the proper translation. Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, which'd be Royal Technological College or something, which is where the University of Stockholm houses its Physics program.

And AMC = Appalachian Mountain Club, the guys who run the hiking lodges and huts and trails and all dat 'round Uh-merica.

And no. NOT Bannakaffalatta.

Congrats Nej~

Oooh! Hey I walked the Appalachian Trail (a tiny bit of it) when I was on vacation. ^^