Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: stewartsage on August 08, 2011, 07:23:34 PM
Right, they were after him for a breech of the Firearms Act.  I say its time they break out the tried and true method.

Oh wait, it was repealed in 1973.

I can't tell if your talking about the Rioters act or the current gun laws.

If its the Riot laws, you are correct in that the Riot Act was abolished in 1973 but I think the taught at the time was "We have had it so long its like a unwritten law" so they abolished it.

If its the gun laws, overall, the only people with guns are hunters (whom need to be fully certified) and Sport Shooters (.22 is the highest I think they can use). Anyone else with a gun is going to get in some BIG trouble and if they choose to fight with the police, whether they are White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, or anything for that matter, the police have the right to take them down.

Everyone is being twats, they need to clam down over some stupid death that the police had every right to create (If someone is shooting at you and you can take him down, would you rather take their death [one they brought upon them self] or the possible injury and/or death of the people around you and your comrades?)   

On another note, had an ADVENTURE today at Ceder Point which was crazy fun and I just deleted my facebook account.

stewartsage

It's the Riot Act, it was repealed in 1973 because rioting was no longer punishable as a felony (with death) so therefore the punishments specified in the Act were no longer applicable.  Therefore it was repealed.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: stewartsage on August 08, 2011, 09:06:16 PM
It's the Riot Act, it was repealed in 1973 because rioting was no longer punishable as a felony (with death) so therefore the punishments specified in the Act were no longer applicable.  Therefore it was repealed.

Also, being a slowpoke here in saying,

WHY IS THE US SO BEHIND EVERYONE!?!?

Seriously, I better have a high-speed rail system within 10 years...

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 08, 2011, 09:06:16 PM

Nothing to say about my plans? TT;;;

Krizonar

As my probably last post here, just wanted to say I LOL at public transportation that is not airplanes.

Chocofreak13

this is what i get for having a semi-broken laptop and cleaning all day. :\ idk what the fuck is going on.

@kraus: lol, you're finally catching up! i was kinda shocked when i went to NYC and found out they don't have scan-card systems at all. i told this kickass guard at the museum of modern art who helped me out about the charlie card system here in boston, and he was so surprised at the convenience of it (as well as the price difference). go boston!! woot!!

@nej: bronies, ho jeez. it's enough that we occasionally watch it here, who knew it would spread so quick. at least it's KINDA cool......

@bella: make sure you take videos of the cool sights in addition to pics ^^

in other news, i'm using my desk for the first time. EVER.
also, can lava lamp lava go bad? :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

If it comes anywhere near here, I'm going out with a cricket bat and indulging in the age old sport of chav bashing.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Red-Machine on August 09, 2011, 03:12:09 AM
If it comes anywhere near here, I'm going out with a cricket bat and indulging in the age old sport of chav bashing.

Lets bring in some Royal Marines, I'm sure they will settle down real fast if we bring some of them in...

Remilia

ABP and mspaint.exe are magic.

Red-Machine

Chocofreak13

so i'm thinking of trying to run WoW on windows 98. :3

EDIT: GUESS WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL, BITCHES~~~~~~ <33333
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Remilia: That's just part of why I love Firefox. Adblock Plus is awesome

@Choco: Your bag came in, I take it? Pics?

Well, I have a feeling tomorrow is either going to suck or it's going to kick ass. After thinking we where finally done with all the inspections and such, corporate is coming down to do an inspection of their own to figure out why employee satisfaction is so low (My boss is probably one of the leading causes). However, the way he usually acts when there's an inspection may pay off, as he almost always treats his employees the worst during times like this (Especially me, because my job "isn't important"), so maybe one of them will see him acting like that and fire him on the spot.

I have my fingers crossed that he does get fired tomorrow. If he does, then it's party time!

Red-Machine

Riots are spreading.  Police were facing off against 6000 youths in Manchester city centre.

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on August 08, 2011, 09:37:53 PM
As my probably last post here, just wanted to say I LOL at public transportation that is not airplanes.

Quitting Topicless? :/

Quote from: Red-Machine on August 09, 2011, 03:28:57 PM
Riots are spreading.  Police were facing off against 6000 youths in Manchester city centre.

Why don't they get the military in there if the police can't stop them? Why aren't they using deadly force if it's spreading/escalating? Violence should be met with violence if the other alternatives have been exhausted.

Red-Machine

This is Britain, apparrently we don't do that sort of thing over here...