Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

yees....yeeeees...... -w-
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Goodishly bad?  It was kind of adorable....

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

svx

Awwwh.  OSC romance FTW :p

I wish the rest of IRL felt romantic though.  I've... been... ehh...

I've been looking for one of those things that shows pictures on the computer.
What are they again? Ehh... LCD? Yeah, that's right, LCD's
Liquid Crystal Displays
Crystal-Liquid yalpsids

But srsly, Viewsonic/LG/Asus/BenQ/Dell/etc/etc can go straight to hell!
And they can take their yalpsids with them
Because, I mean...  Why do I have to pay >$300 for a piece of technology that is INFERIOR to what I was using in 1996?

I mean...  Ehh...  Yeah, they're nice...
120 hz... sounds great.  Low response time, cool, cool
Only $370... Not bad...

But in my closet, is a huge CRT.  It's a yalpsid that I bought in 1999 for $30.  12 years ago.  For $30...
And it has no input lag, a higher refresh rate, does not use that filthy market-hyped HDMI/DVI trash, is not locked to a tiny 1920x1080 resolution, and... the list...
Oh, the list, it goes on
and on
and on

DAMN YOU, VIEWSONIC! BRING BACK THE P220F, MAKE IT SLIMMER! AND MAKE IT NOWWWWWWW

Red-Machine

This man speaks the truth!  I'd love to get hold of one of those Sony/SGI widescreen CRTs.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Krizonar

CRT is ok, my tv is a 55' CRT made of wood.
It was bought in 1981 and has 4 subwoofers under it and 2 satellite speakers.

Nichi

My LG LED monitor kicks ass. The picture quality is noticeably sharper than my old NEC CRT monitor; which I had to turn the brightness down really low on, because it'd give me a bad headache otherwise.

Dr. Kraus

I still have the Sony CRT I used as a kid back in 1995, still works but the picture quality can get scrambled due to a few pins now missing from the cable. Only thing I never liked about CRT monitors is that you can't change the VGA cable out, at least on mine...

Now I use a Gateway and a LG monitor, its probably going to revert to just one monitor in college due to the dorm room probably being so small -_-;

stewartsage

Monitors?  All my display is is a typewriter that writes everything in ASCII graphics and text.

Bella

I hath returneth from epic Vision Quest to Washington DC/Bethesda/Harpers Ferry/Virginia a wiser and, surprisingly, less cynical person. I shall post toast in the form of pictures and/or stories soon.

Quote from: stewartsage on July 27, 2011, 09:35:42 PM
Yes, she was giggling the whole time.  THE WHOLE.  TIME.

I was happy. EXTREMELY. UNRESTRAINEDLY. HAPPY. Since getting to be with somebody you've wanted to be with for a long time will do that to you. >///////>;;;

QuoteAlso: Yes, Kari and Nej will pick you up at South Station.  You will have a good time.  I demand it :|

We did. But it was too short. ;-; Stupid family having to plan a welcoming-back party and all. <<;;;

Quote from: stewartsage on July 28, 2011, 09:26:47 PM
Monitors?  All my display is is a typewriter that writes everything in ASCII graphics and text.

*Sighs*
*Gives one free internet*
*Givies nom-raincheck*
>//>;;;

stewartsage

*accepts raincheck*

I'm just happy you had a good time and didn't kill me when I nearly got us lost/killed/took you to the USDA visitor center.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on July 28, 2011, 10:21:56 PM
*accepts raincheck*

I'm just happy you had a good time and didn't kill me when I nearly got us lost/killed/took you to the USDA visitor center.

*Pats head* ^3^

A freakin' awesome time! Bah, it was a pleasure getting lost/missing trains/going to the USDA visitor center with you! Besides, it would take a lot more to drive me to kill........ like buying me Ed Hardy perfume. /insidejoke

svx

I'm glad you two had fun!

I always have fun when I meet people,
because I'm always drunk when I meet people :p

...Forget all that nonsense about LCD's!  I'm buying a 50gb OCZ RevoDrive PCIE SSD instead
It's less expensive and considerably more shiny.
Like a Pokemon
Exactly like a Pokemon

Paul

I have a big widescreen SGI CRT ::P

So the 4g ram for the iMac just came... installed it, booted snow -> everything fine.
Installed Lion... Login screen is pretty... WHY DON'T MY PASSWORDS WORK ANYMORE?!? Thank you crapple :/
Confirmed it via ssh, that stupid system doesn't let me in anymore

Chocofreak13

i have a CRT.....
and an LCD....
and a TV....

all of which were free.....
click to make it bigger