Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I had something weird happen while I was at the store yesterday. As I was walking around, the the usual background noise was covered up as Don't Stop Believin' started playing over their speaker system

Yes, I did hear a few people singing along to it

Chocofreak13

@pentium: i remember being in the bookstore in the mall a few years ago only to hear the mall start playing "never gonna give you up" over the intercom. >w<;
@svx: love the one with the portals turning the motorcycle into a rocketcycle. :3
@bella: kinda. :\

today, the demon boarded a bus for concord (where he'll switch to a different bus bound for somewhere else), as he intends to climb mt. washington. :\

we'll be seeing him on saturday. he brought lambda, though, so he'll likely report in.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

[Zone] Edmund Vraks@Syphonides: bu'or, wtf.

Sometimes you just die so fast, all you can do is say wtf.

NejinOniwa

I'MMA HAVE TO FILE A REPORT FOR THAT, LASS

Also, SWEET SWEET MOUNTAIN WEATHER. No more of crazy heat. For now .w.;;;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

DUDE!  I WANNA CLIMB MT. WASHINGTON!

In other news today was full of story time with my boss, like the time he nearly died in Canada (and was commissioned as a Lt. Col. in Land Command), the time an entire reenactment group mutinied around him, and all sorts of other fun things.

Oh yeah, it also turns out that I didn't have enough courses on the books to be considered a full time student so I very nearly ended up not being able to go to school next year.  Yay.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on July 14, 2011, 05:52:06 PM
DUDE!  I WANNA CLIMB MT. WASHINGTON!

Oh yeah, it also turns out that I didn't have enough courses on the books to be considered a full time student so I very nearly ended up not being able to go to school next year.  Yay.

I don't, but I'd be willing to be your tourguide. *snick*

How the hell does an oversight of that magnitude happen? >_>;;

Nichi

You know those days where you just want to punch somebody? Today ended up becoming one of those.

The day was going nicely; the work day wasn't too bad (Not as agonizingly slow as yesterday, but not insanely busy either), and after work was quite nice...but everything started to go downhill after I went to pick up my sister when she got off. First off, we sat out in the car for a good 10 minutes waiting on my dad to get off work because we where going to see about a car for her, but something happened and that plan fell through, so she had me take her home and pick up supper. After dropping her off, things get worse

On the way back home, I discovered that the CD I had just bought yesterday (Rust in Peace, by Megadeth) was skipping like it was badly scratched when it's spotless, that my cell phone is dieing (It's starting to do a lot of the things my sister's old phone did right before it bit the dust, like frequent crashes), and that my sister's sandwich flew out of the bag during the drive home, so now I had to turn around to bring it back. Once that was done, everything finally returned to normal...even though I'm going to need a new phone now, because there's not much telling how much longer this one will last.

Chocofreak13

@bella: when the people registering you don't have all the facts, you can wind up in bad situations. for instance, last semester i was saddled with 6 classes, 2 of them above my year. ><; (i'm surprised i passed alot of them). the lady registering me, though very nice, friendly, and helpful, seemed not to realize how far ahead some of my classes were. ><;

@pentium: sorry to hear about your phone. i hope it wasn't expensive. :[
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The phone was about $30, so it's not that big of a loss. Still, it was very frustrating, with everything else that was going on

Chocofreak13

i got mine for free, lol, with a double minutes for life card. ^^ but i recently found one on sale (with double minutes card) for 10 bucks, which i got for my mum for mother's day (last day of the sale, yay!). however, i'm returning it soon, since she doesn't seem ready to switch from her old one. :\
click to make it bigger

Remilia

So, I'm off to Animecon/Finncon 2011, I will be back on Sunday. I don't intend to have fun there, I'm going alone (well, someone I know will be there but...) and am not cosplaying. I have to have low expectations so I won't be disappointed. InstantCSI.swf.

Bella

I feel dizzzzzzy....

I also feel abandoned, 'cause I have been. :|

Dr. Kraus

Bloody hell, saw the midnight premier of Harry Potter and I have to say I am now completely satisfied with that kind of end.

Now I listen to this and think about the 2006 World Cup, what a great year (even though my Englanders lost...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-LybuwrWIM

stewartsage

Good luck Remilla!

Yeah, Kari's right; in this case the typical vague/uncooperative nature of our registrars office didn't help.

Work news: Cross training with Law Enforcement next week, hell yeah.  Plus, most of my co-workers went to see it at midnight when we all had to be up by eight AM with the theatre forty minutes away.

Nichi

I got off work early today! w00t!

Now, to relax...until I go to pick up my sister when she gets off. Hopefully, things won't get as crazy as it did last night