Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 29, 2011, 07:02:20 AMMeh. Japanese would be better; especially if, personality wise, she's like Konata

If she had the looks as well, it would be even better!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

zjhentohlauedy

My my, aren't you lovely~

Nichi

I just heard some really good news at work today.

After the inspectors came back yesterday for a follow-up on the inspection from March, they have finally decided that everything is clear. They will be back in 3 years, but I hope that by then, I'll have a better job; hopefully somewhere else entirely, because I don't think the medical field is right for me.

In other news... *takes a deep breath*
I just won a Mac Mini!

stewartsage

Wait, you won one?  KICKASS.

Ukraine.  That is all I have to add to the conversation on that front.

Bella

*Salutes Pentium-san*

Good job sir! Welcome aboard Mac and Unix! ^o^

And don't be silly everyone.... everybody knows half-Russian/half-Italian girls are the best.... the passionate, unrestrained fieriness of the Italians combined with the cheerless, macabre world view of the Russians!

Of course I'm half Sicilian, which makes me less "passionate and fiery" and more "prone to berserker rages, holding grudges until death and comfortable with constructing Machiavellian plots", since Sicilians are like Italians upped to eleven, with Greek, North African and Arab thrown in for good measure. :3

Krizonar

Red-Machine

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 29, 2011, 03:20:33 PMIn other news... *takes a deep breath*
I just won a Mac Mini!

eBay or a contest?  What're the specs?

Nichi

On eBay, for $250; just narrowly beating out a sniper. It's a late '06 model, with a 1.66Ghz Core Duo, a 60GB HDD, and the stock 512MB RAM. It doesn't have the SuperDrive, unfortunately, but it does have the restore discs and the IR remote. They didn't mention what version of OS X it runs, so I'll assume it's 10.4; which is what it originally shipped with according to the research I've done

I intend on maxing out the RAM at 2GB, although I'm on the fence about attempting a processor upgrade. I heard it can be done, although I'm not too sure if I'd want to dig that deep into it...

Red-Machine

I wouldn't bother, it's not neccessary for an OS like OS X.  I would suggest upgrading the OS to Snow Leopard, however.

Nichi

I intend on doing that, since the disc for it only costs $30

Why is OS X so much cheaper than Windows, anyway? It seems weird how it's $100+ for an upgrade version of Windows, but $30 for a full version of OS X

Chocofreak13

@pentium: congrats, man!! ^^ make sure to post pics and screenshots, and even if there's something wrong with it, don't get discouraged. after all, how long have you been trying for one? ^^
also, OSX is cheaper because it rolls over so quickly. why do you think there are so many mac-tans? they come out with a new OS like, every 2 years! ><; (and then all the software becomes obsolete, and they drop support, and it's just a big mess.)

@bella: well, the mafia DID originate in sicily....
@red, pentium, stew, and zen:

asia: japan - not a lot of mail-order brides, being a stable, clean country.

korea - south korea's the same problem as japan, and as for north korea, well, if you can get a lady out of there, i'll be impressed.

china - i get the feeling that they might have some mail order brides, but you might run into some problems, given the mindset of the country.

thailand: if you were to get an asian mail-order bride, this is likely where she'd come from. the majority of thailand is rather poor, and with 'popular tourist spots' like pattaya, alot of girls end up that way. it's quite sad, really.

europe: russia - russia has a lot of mail order brides, along with the ukraine as well. they tend to be less respected economically at home, meaning that if they marry a foreigner they have a better financial chance. add in the fact that anyone not married after 22 is seen as 'old', and the 20 year age difference in life expectancy between men and women, and you have alot of lonely ladies.

s. america: c. america - many women there are single, impoverished mothers seeking financial security. they may also want to escape some of the harsh conditions of their home country. (be wary, as all women with monetary aspirations from a relationship might wind up to be golddiggers and may move to bigger pockets if the oppertunity arises.)

god all of this is semi-racist. but, on the other hand, it's true. you can thank wiki and current tv (channel) for your random facts of the day. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Oh yes, you can bet there will be pics once it arrives. However, I need to think of a name for it...

Also, the mail-order bride thing reminds me; one of the guys at work, who works down in surgery, often tells me that I should forget every getting with a white girl and instead go Hispanic, because "They'll worship you like a god". I'm sorry, but I think it'd be boring to be with someone who's like a doormat

Chocofreak13

yeah, that's something that bothers me about most of the planet, assuming that everything has a 'place'. :\
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

there a lot of  transgender in thailand right? D:

My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

thailand has asia's biggest gay district, in pattaya. yes, some of the people there are transgendered. however, most of the workers in pattaya are young women. :\
click to make it bigger