Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I tried to find 4.5, but couldn't find it anywhere. Besides, it can't be a nightmare to setup like RedHat 5.2 was...right?

My internet connection is going to kill me, and all the cake is gone

Bella

If I remember correctly, installing OS/2 Warp 4 in VirtualBox involved installing DOS 6.22 first, formatting the disk with the right filesystem for OS/2, then I had to load up my OS/2 ISO into the VM, hunt around the ISO and find the two boot disks for it, extract those/write those to a couple of virtual floppy disks, load the floppies and the ISO, and install from there - the actual install took ages, and I didn't think it worked, but it finally booted.... long story short, it's something I never would have accomplished w/o Red walking me through it. ^^;

Chocofreak13

@bella: why not just send him your copy of 4.5 then? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That would probably be better; seeing as, although it just finished downloading, the file was corrupt

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on June 19, 2011, 10:44:59 AMlong story short, it's something I never would have accomplished w/o Red walking me through it. ^^;

Yes.  I'm just awesome, aren't I?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

@pentium: i hate it when stuff like that happens. you put all this work into getting it, just to find out it's a dud. there goes hours of time. >:\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah; especially when the file is gigantic...

Anyway, I feel another Pokémon kick coming on; however, instead of going out and buying the newest installment in the series, as much as I want to, I think I'll probably do a challenge run of Crystal, as a sequel to the Pikachu-only run of Yellow I did about two years ago...

Chocofreak13

go for eet~ crystal was the best in my opinion (though i do love ruby+sapphire, too), besides the originals. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I probably will. Maybe a Rattata-only run, or maybe Hoothoot. I haven't decided yet...

Expect to see a topic about my adventure sometime soon

Alex_Reetz

i just shat a brick.

Nichi

@Alex: Over what?

Anyway, I think I'll go with a Rattata. Something that isn't too powerful; like my Pikachu ended up being last time...

Alex_Reetz

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 19, 2011, 01:58:11 PM
@Alex: Over what?

Anyway, I think I'll go with a Rattata. Something that isn't too powerful; like my Pikachu ended up being last time...

two weeks of eating cheese pizza daily.

Nichi

Yeah; too much cheese can do that to you

Also, scratch what I said about Rattata; I'm going with Wooper. Expect to see a topic about my journey a little later; so it doesn't end up overrunning this thead

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 19, 2011, 11:46:32 AM
That would probably be better; seeing as, although it just finished downloading, the file was corrupt

Any ideas how I would get it to you? I'm guessing Skype has a file size limits (it's a pretty big file, over 2gb) and I've never used any file uploading sites. : (

There is another option, if you only want to virtualize OS/2 Warp and not install it on a physical computer - download this 75mb OS/2 virtual machine file, open in MS VirtualPC, ???, PROFIT. (This is how I go acquainted with OS/2 initially). -w-;

Dammit to hell, I have this gnawing urge to do some art nouveau but I don't know where to start. It probably hurts that I have a VERY ambitious idea for a drawing/painting in my head..... >__>

Nichi

I'll try that VirtualPC file first; that will take a lot less time to download...