Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i wish i had your dad. he sounds so much nicer on these things.

if i can't go back, i pretty much won't have a purpose in life anymore. :[
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

My my, aren't you lovely~

NejinOniwa

If one wanted to disturb...
My neck of the woods is a major thoroughfare for deer and moose, but we don't have any wolves in this part of Uppland - those are only further east.
As for deterring animalry, just blazing fires work pretty well.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

I just got my tax refund.  Netted me £580.30.  Noice.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

Well, we didn't leave quite as early as I was expecting...

I already have Asagi packed for the epic journey, so now I just wait on somebody to give me the word to finish getting ready. Until then, there's some new videos from the people I'm subscribed to on YouTube...

EDIT:
Also just had another scare involving 2k. While I was waiting on a video to load, it suddenly stalled. Then, everything started working fine...until my taskbar disappeared and the graphics where thrown into that ugly Windows Basic mode. Shortly after, a spontaneous crash with no BSOD, followed by her self-rebooting, stalling during POST, and then giving a "No Boot Medium" error.

After cutting power and then turning her back on, she seems fine...although I'm really considering RMAing this SSD and just getting a proper HDD. It may be crazy fast and have a near-perfect WEI score, but it's causing more weird problems than it's worth.

Chocofreak13

@pentium: when a system works, it doesn't need to be replaced. (aka, why did you replace the HDD in the first place??)

also, my mum wasn't as mad as i expected (of course, i woke up this morning and remembered that she failed statistics in college 6 times.....so no one's perfect), meaning that this could be alot calmer than i had anticipated.
feeling a bit better, if a bit annoyed because we had a screaming match over 'what counts as a joke'. >:\
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

i am playing erotical nights; it is a fun hentai game.

if anyone played marble cooking, then you know h games can be fun.

Krizonar

Got it to turn on and start up, is it supposed to smoke?

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Krizonar on June 18, 2011, 03:51:05 PM
Yes.

Krizonar

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on June 18, 2011, 04:08:42 PM
Quote from: Krizonar on June 18, 2011, 03:51:05 PM
Yes.
It stopped smoking shortly after, so I'm assuming all computers of this type smoke a little bit the first time they are turned on?

Red-Machine

Smoke?  Smoke is bad...

Krizonar

More like a bit of steam, I think it just heated wires for the first time. My room stays pretty cool.

It also didn't smell like anything was burning and when I turned it off and back on, there wasn't any more 'steam'.

It's so funny though, I just had the power button wire into the wrong ground spot is why it wouldn't turn on. /facepalm
switched just one wire from vertical to horizontal.

Red-Machine

I've never had steam happen to me, and I built this machine during the height of the British winter with two feet of snow outside.

Anything involving computersd and smoke is bad.

Krizonar

Well then, glad it was a one time thing.

Though now Choco has to stop procrastinating.

Red-Machine

If it happens AT ALL you've gotta worry.  I'd seriously consider RMA'ing whatever it was that smoked if I were you.