Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Reetz

Red-Machine

Vista is awesome, MUCH better than XP.  That is all.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Alex_Reetz

Quote from: Red-Machine on June 15, 2011, 04:05:35 PM
Vista is awesome, MUCH better than XP.  That is all.

Mahaha.......he thinks he's funny.

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on June 15, 2011, 04:05:35 PM
XP is awesome, MUCH better than Vista.  That is all.

Fix'd.

Alex_Reetz

in order

Windows 7
Windows XP
Windows 2k
Windows 98 and se
windows 3.1
windows 95
windows me

Nichi

A breakdown of every desktop version of Windows I've used, in order of preference:

7 = 2000 > 98 = 98SE > 3.x > ME = XP > 95 > Chicago 189 > Vista > 2.0 > Chicago 58s > 1.0 > NT 4.0

Alex_Reetz

2000 is an alright OS, but comparing it to 7 is too much. you shouldn't glorify the os because you love the os-tan.

Meanwhile: debating if i should erase me-tan for 98-tan on my laptop

edit: cut NET 4 some slack, it was the first OS i used in elementary school.(next to me.)

Nichi

I loved Windows 2000 long before I even heard of OS-tans. It took the strong points of 98 and NT 4.0 and created what I still consider one of the best versions of Windows to date.

Alex_Reetz

i like 2k until about 2005 when xp started to become extremly stable and until 2011, i switched to 7.

i may cut down vista, but i got it on my new 2011 laptop. i bought a windows vista ultimate vlk for 44.00 on ebay.

Nichi

NT 4.0 is alright, but it was a pain in the ass to setup new hardware on, because of it's lack of Plug & Play. Thankfully, 2000 introduced that feature, after 95 had it for ages. For me, even a bad version of Windows is still semi-decent; after all, anything's better than RedHat 5.2 (Worst version of Linux, nay; worst OS I've ever used)

Speaking of, 95 used to be much higher on the list until I finally got my hands on a copy of 98

Krizonar

Yay, back from Hawaii.

Room is covered in computer parts but I don't want to build it!

Nichi

Welcome back.

While you where gone, I stumbled onto a cheap, non-working Mac Mini I found on eBay; all the seller knows that's wrong is that it won't turn on anymore. From research I've done, this could possibly be a very simple and inexpensive fix; which will mean I got a fairly recent Mac (Well, a late '07 model) for practically pennies; so I decided to place a bid on it and see what happens.

stewartsage

Ah Hawaii, the Show Me State!  You totally need to make your next trip to Harpers Ferry.  So you can meet all the Brits and Australians that are oddly interested in American history for some reason, occasionally showing concerning insight into it.  Oh, and also talking with old Army vets comparing their Enfields to mine.  That was pretty cool.  Not as cool as the Indian guy who'd actually carried one in the militia back in the 1950s and 1960s.  And this conversation was pretty sad:

Lady stops across the road, rolls down window, shouts over at me)
Lady: Excuse me, where's the Ferry?
Me: ....
Me: ....
Me: Well ma'am, if you keep going that way about a mile you'll get to the Route 340 road bridge an-
Lady: No no no, I want to know where the ferry is.
Me (polite voice): Ma'am, the ferry hasn't operated here since 1844.
Lady: Oh, I'm sorry.
(Drives off)

And now I've got to eat and go play cards with me fellow intern/STEP ranger mates.  This is pretty damn nice.  So yeah, good times.

Bella

Glad to hear one of us is having fun with their summer, Stewart-san. >3>

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 15, 2011, 06:54:47 PM
Welcome back.

While you where gone, I stumbled onto a cheap, non-working Mac Mini I found on eBay; all the seller knows that's wrong is that it won't turn on anymore. From research I've done, this could possibly be a very simple and inexpensive fix; which will mean I got a fairly recent Mac (Well, a late '07 model) for practically pennies; so I decided to place a bid on it and see what happens.
Resetting the SMC? Possibly.
A 2007 model isn't bad, but it's not going to play any games or do much with its GFX card, most integrated back then sucked pretty hardcore.