Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

I would build my own computer, but then it would be a Hackintosh, which puts me in a morally odd position.

I managed to build a tower design with a Six Core Bloomfield @ 3.2 GHZ, 24 GB of 1333 DDR3 Ram with a Geforce GTX 550 TI for a graphics card and a highly efficient Power supply. It also sports DUAL 120 GB SSD SATA3 drives as well as two DVD drives.
For an almost on-the-dot (give or take $50) $3k.
inside this

NejinOniwa

Why am I listening to totally mainstream music that was hot like a year ago all of a sudden?

The demon works in mysterious ways.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

I got back from visiting my mom. She's doing fine, thankfully; they figure that what happened was brought on by stress, so she's taking it easy right now.

@Kriz: Hardware and case wise, that PC looks like it'd be the evil counterpart to 2k-tan the Desktop.

Krizonar

I haven't even seen a PC tower in person since I threw away that old dell I had for a doorstop.

My subwoofer is the closest thing I have to a PC tower in size and looks. As a matter of fact, Katarina at first thought it WAS the computer running this screen.

Nichi

In my area, I almost never see Macs...or any kind of computer that isn't an eMachines or a low-end Dell

Alex_Reetz

osx86 database has all the component listed you need to make a Hackintosh.

Krizonar

Quote from: AlexisDesu on June 02, 2011, 10:11:15 PM
osx86 database has all the component listed you need to make a Hackintosh.
Problem is, I don't want to make one, but other problem is, if I ever built my own computer, that's what'd it'd end up being.

Chocofreak13

@kriz: i've seen that tower in person. it's pretty damn badass. (that computer was running windows 7 64 bit with 16 gigs of ram. o___o; )
also, didn't you give me shit about making a hackintosh? >:\
@pentium: good to hear she's going to be ok. me and my mum had a similar scare last year; we ended up spending about 5 hours in the ER, and to our great relief she was just fine. (and i got a prescription for my cold while i was there! ^^)
@nej: that's like asking why i have jay-z featuring kanye west and rihanna. even I'M not sure why. :\
@alex: wtf did i just listen to. .___.;

jeez, you guys post so damn fast. >:\
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 02, 2011, 10:17:57 PM
@kriz: i've seen that tower in person. it's pretty damn badass. (that computer was running windows 7 64 bit with 16 gigs of ram. o___o; )
also, didn't you give me shit about making a hackintosh? >:\
Exactly why I don't want to make one.

and I almost bought the iMac with 16 GB of ram instead of my current computer.

Alex_Reetz

16gb is useless.

my main computer has 7gb ddr2, and i dont see a point to upgrade.

(well, i am going to get ddr3 when i upgrade soon.)

but using photo edition software/Autocad my computer never goes over 70% ram usage.

Krizonar

It's proven that more RAM improves performance across the board, not just the ability to open more things.

Chocofreak13

the owner was also using that pc for some SERIOUS gaming. his "work" computer (which i played with) had 8 gigs, and it flew. it was awesome. *w*
click to make it bigger