Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

as with most things in life, moderation is the key. for example, when they say "go to college instead of getting a girlfriend", they might mean for you to go to college THEN get a girlfriend.
there are, of course, the people who take it too far, such as those who throw themselves so far into their studies they block out the outside world, or those that forsake everything and run off with some floozy. :\

when it all comes down to it, it's YOUR life. don't let anyone tell you how to live it. ><;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 29, 2011, 12:10:31 AM
when it all comes down to it, it's YOUR life. don't let anyone tell you how to live it. ><;

Exactly. After all, a wise narrator once said "The great ones have granted you a sword, to cut your own path"

You know, I haven't played any of the Soul Calibur games in years...

Bella

@Kraus: Don't apologize, and don't feel badly either - I know exactly how you feel. : (

By my nature I'm a pretty social person but have a hard time actually keeping friends, and I think this may contribute to some of my... personality quirks. (Unless those quirks are what drive people away, or it's some sort of vicious circle of weirdness driving people away and having fewer friends making me weirder-acting... ehh...)

At this point I've sort of given up, even though my family's always saying "oh, you'll make more friends once you're in school again"... totally ignoring the fact that I intend on taking my sweet time to get into college, and will probably end up being older than most of my classmates by the time I start. =.='

As for dating, they don't want me doing it until I'm done with school. Again, ignoring the fact that might be five or six years from now. In their defense, it is pretty much common knowledge that I'm asexual/aromantic - I don't think anyone among my family knows that I experience sexual or romantic feelings at all, nobody's ever inquired and it seems to be a nonissue for the most part. Which is kind of how I like it, since my feelings on the matter are incredibly personal and complex and difficult to explain. -v-

Chocofreak13

my family doesn't really ask.

for some reason my dad tried to comment on my love life earlier today. that was kinda awkward. .___.;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I thankfully don't have family asking me, unless it's a relative I haven't seen in a long time.

Chocofreak13

the only things my family pester me about is school and getting a job. :\ i'm the youngest on this side, so i think they still see me as the baby. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I just talked with Stewart-kun over the phone. Sounds like he's having fun with his new job, even though it involves wearing heavy old uniforms and uncomfortable shoes and being outside in the heat for hours at a time. .w.

He also asked what was going on at OSC, so told him... he couldn't believe having children came up in /Topicless again, and couldn't believe that most of you guys want to have kids... lol...

NejinOniwa

ITS THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, AND AN AUTHOR IS AT LARGE. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Greets to stew, btw. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

Good to hear stew's enjoying his job. I wish I could still enjoy mine, but by current boss makes that hard...

Chocofreak13

@bells: actually, out of about 8 active users, only about 3 expressed the desire to eventually have kids. :\ and out of them, i think i'm the only one who's actually planning to go through with it. xD
@nej: will wait for results, master! >:3
@pentium: just pray every night for someone to smite him, and eventually something will happen.....

i keep forgetting to post this, and this probably would work better in the member picture thread, but here it is anyway:
A BRAIN TEASER FOR YOU:
i'm half swedish, half american, but a swiss citizen......
anyone who can explain that gets free art once my scanner arrives. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: It's either because

(A) You where born in Sweden
(B) The Kool-Aid Man is red (Which is the answer to everything except Life, the Universe, and Everything; that's still 42)

NejinOniwa

K-chan...
Because your father betrayed his country.

Chocofreak13

@pentium: wrong.
@nejin: eh, not really. :\
unless you mean his demeanor. then i'd agree. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I meant in the sense of moving to switz... -w-;

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 29, 2011, 07:55:34 PM
i'm half swedish, half american, but a swiss citizen......
anyone who can explain that gets free art once my scanner arrives. -w-

Your dad is an ethnic Swede, your mom is an American, and you were born in Switzerland when they lived there?

Just like I'm 1/2 Sicilian, 1/8 German, 1/8 Scots-Irish, 1/8 Russian, 1/16 Bulgarian and 1/16th Dutch and an American citizen. >>