Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

I has an electric typewriter that doesn't get used.  It's a Sharp model.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

zjhentohlauedy

you guys collect type writers *_*
My my, aren't you lovely~

Red-Machine

No, lol.  It's just one my mum bought way back in the 80s.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Is the reason for all this typewriter-mania that none of you possess as sexy computers as I do, or is it something else? I don't see the charm in them, really.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

Well, I like typewriters because of their mechanics.

Chocofreak13

i like the old style of it.... .___.

reminds me of when i was young

and mine has a nice sort of pleather case. i got it for christmas (and my mum got it for free :3)
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

choco must really be old D:

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

and nejin even older D:

stewartsage

Oh snap guess what time of the week it is!  Get your requests in for this week's show from 9-11 PM Eastern Daylight Time!

In case you wondering what the heck I'm talking about when I mention "the hundred watt blowtorch (100 watt transmitter power, a take off on a Chicago slogan referencing their 50,000 watt transmitter)" or "Randolph Hall".

Here they both are: http://i43.tinypic.com/6ptc21.jpg

Cockleshell

I have a typewriter somewhere up in my room. It's still got its original leather case and everything.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella

Choco, nice typewriter but I too want to know what's up with that face in the background. IT LOOKS LIKE A GREY! :V

I want a typewriter because I'm easily distracted with writing on the computer. I'll sit down to work on my *totally epic story* and WHAM! five minutes later I'm knee-deep in a pile of Firefox tabs, emailing, IM'ing, blogging, or drawing. It's rather quite annoying. >.>

Plus, I enjoy handwriting (although my wrists don't seem to) so writing on a typewriter seems like a happy medium between computer and handwriting. *shrugs*

Quote from: "stewartsage"Oh snap guess what time of the week it is! Get your requests in for this week's show from 9-11 PM Eastern Daylight Time!

Er... let's hear The Beatles' Paperback Writer! Or Rocky Raccoon. Or anything by Joni Mitchell really, or Joni Mitchell's arch-nemesis Bob Dylan. Or maybe Shakedown Street, by the Grateful Dead. I don't know if any of these songs/artists are in the playlist, but hey, it's worth a shot. *second shrug*

FYI: Chocolate Mint Wuyi Oolong Tea is MUCH better than it sounds. :D

Ultimaninja

I got laughed at in my Asian Philosophy class because I didn't know who John Lennon was...

stewartsage

Delay today, not long though.

EDIT: Okay, I have never hated a computer before now.

zjhentohlauedy

Quote from: "Bella"
FYI: Chocolate Mint Wuyi Oolong Tea is MUCH better than it sounds. :D
sounds lovely! XD

Quote from: "Bella"Choco, nice typewriter but I too want to know what's up with that face in the background. IT LOOKS LIKE A GREY! :V

hehe that's what you noticed too huh! XD