Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Amen to drinking it straight.  Tried sugar once and can't say that it was an enjoyable experience.

Your snacks are in you cabinet Ian.

IanDanKilmaster

Most folks 'round here drink iced tea with loads of sugar... it's like friggin' syrup, man.  I, on the other hand, prefer my tea freshly brewed and strong.  It's really my substitute for coffee, since I can't drink that anymore ><.

Okay, who's been in mah goddamn snack cabinet?!  Chocolate cupcakes... how I miss thee...

The Choice of a New Generation.

zjhentohlauedy

lol i add usually add a bit of sugar or honey. i have a bit of a sweet tooth! XD

you guys tried barley tea? it's a pretty good substitute to coffee XD
My my, aren't you lovely~

stewartsage

Not yet, but I want to sometime

bombermania

@choco
I think many have read it, because it's on wakaba...
but I couldn't find the translation...
I want to see more of your drawings, you done a great job on antiviruses... :D
@zjhentohlauedy
nope...
Is it like ordinary tea?
Quote"OS Tan Collection reminds you that your OS will never threaten to stab you(Unless somebody programmed it to do it) and, in fact, cannot speak(Unless somebody programmed it to do it, too). In the event that your OS does speak, OS Tan Collection urges you to disregard its advice(Unless it suggest you only good thing)."

Chocofreak13

sounds......interesting. :\ any good? if it is maybe i should go find it (but if it tastes like coffee, then no thankyou >___< )

i will poast toast things soon, do not worry ^^

one fo the oddest forms of tea i have ever had was given to me by my brother ben for my birthday around 3 years ago or so. it was a year later that i started bringing it to school, which started my habit of drinking tea in the morning and with lunch. ^^

it was milk tea. tea with the milk and sugar already in it (like tea for dummies). it was great, cause i couldn't screw it up!

of course now i have my method: DIABEETUS amount of sugar + 2 creamers (no creamers in fruit teas however).

i suppose it's not really a DIABEETUS amount.....but it's at least 5 spoonfull's worth if i remember right.
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

barley tea is from barley which is a grain that's been toasted so it has that toasty flavor that coffee has. they say it's for recovering coffee addicts since it's a kind of tea without caffeine but taste a bit similar to coffee. and it's dirt cheap! XD like 3 dollars for a bag of 50 tea bags. each tea bag makes a liter.. that's right a liter! just pop one in a pitcher and leave it in the fridge japanese style! XD

lol milk tea is good.

usually it's black tea.

so some blends of english, darjeeling and even pekoe would taste good with milk ^__^

you just have to experiment a bit :3

sides my tea cup is epic awesome
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w145/zjhentohlauedy/food/DSC00048.jpg

IanDanKilmaster

I think I've had enough beer (alcoholic and non-alcoholic... bleh) to show me I do not like the taste of barley...

Non-alcoholic beer... *gags*

The Choice of a New Generation.

stewartsage

My tea mug is far less epic.  In this shot it holds a special cup of my very own hell brew.
http://i42.tinypic.com/m8z2pd.jpg

In other news this is my baby, Scholastica, a SL-500 typewriter.  What's that jammed in the platen? Why it's an unfinished SAGE story of course.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2646jah.jpg

On the homefront, repercussions from the local riot continue to be felt back home after the Commonwealth's Attorney served a warrant on the university paper after they refused to allow police access to photographs taken of the incident.  Members of the paper staff claims their constitutional rights were violated under the Privacy Protection Act of 1980, though the situation mirrors that which resulted in the judicial precedent in 1978's Supreme Court ruling in Zurcher v. Stanford Daily.  Where in a similar circumstance (though not exactly the same) the court upheld the lower court's decision that such searches did not violate the 14th or 4th Amendments.  Despite claims that they were surprised and intimidated, newspaper staff were previously asked to cooperate and refused, before being warned that a search warrant would be sworn out.

Bella

Never heard of barley tea or pre-sugared-and-milked-tea until now... hmm, you learn something new every day. I've read that yerba maté makes a good coffee substitute, though.

Meh, I only started drinking tea as a rebellion against my coffee-obsessed (or is that caffeine-addicted?) family and friends (plus, it seems to fit in well with the rest of my anglophilia). It's grown on me, though. That said, I do drink coffee on occasion, usually the god-awfully unhealthy double chocolate iced mocha latte with extra whipped cream kind. The chocolate, mocha, and whipped cream distracts me from the taste of the coffee. >.>

Zen, that's a lovely tea cup. It's very... genteel and teacup-looking. Stewart, is "Nevsecgruact" supposed to mean something in English, or is that the name of an Icelandic volcano?

*TS-TS-TSCH!*

That typewriter is bastahd cool. And please do tell us what the hell brew is. And what's on those game cartridges in the BG. :^D

So the riotous fun is continuing?

*TS-TS-TSCH!*

Uhm... a picture of my teacup can be found in the Random Image Thread (along with other random images from around meh desk-table).

stewartsage

Naval Security Group Activities.... super secret spy stuff, sh!

A combination of Lipton's Yellow Label and decaf Green Tea handmixed before replacement in the bag.  ProTip: For the love of god never think it would even be "interesting" to mix coffee and Mountain Dew.  Perfect Dark and Tony Hawk Pro Skater.  The N64 is off camera left.

>< Punnnnnnns!

Coming soon, from the 80's college yearbooks! An Apple ][ with Apple Graphics Tablet (for all you artists), some sort of CAD running... thing, an Atari in the classroom, annnnd a PDP-11!

yukio95

Well S***. I am coming in on the 385 page and I am too lazy to read it all. So I am just going to try and hop in ok?

stewartsage

It is topicless, write whatever you want!

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Bella"plus, it seems to fit in well with the rest of my anglophilia

YAY!  Bella-chan, I shall halp you get your fixes as much as possible! :P
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

zjhentohlauedy

ANGGGGLOOOOPHIIILIAAAAA