Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

Hey Bella, can you put up a list of all your original OS-tans?  I'd like to ask a question or two myself for your meme!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage

In my dorm room, I have a jar of Peach preserves and a can of cream of mushroom soup.... with no can opener.

zjhentohlauedy

i am so lost right here right now.. oh and i started a blog D:

http://9000degrees.wordpress.com/
My my, aren't you lovely~

Bella

Today I had shrimp wanton soup for lunch. It's from Thailand, comes in a little box and you add water and microwave it. It's so good. <3

Dinner was dull, we had a weenie roast. Sort of like camping, lol.

Quote from: "Red-san"Hey Bella, can you put up a list of all your original OS-tans? I'd like to ask a question or two myself for your meme!

OMG... I have so many... ^^'

*Cracks knuckles*

QuoteAll DEC'ed out:
PDP 1/THOR
OpenVMS
RSX11
DOS Batch 11
RSTS/V
Vaxeln
Ultrix
RT11
OS/8
TSS/8
Red (text editor)

Data Generals:
RDOS
AOS
DG/UX
CEO (text editor)

Time is for sharing:
ITS
CTSS
BTSS
DTSS
WAITS

Multics-and-likes:
Multics
PRIMOS
Stratus VOS
Amber
NTT DIPS (Denden Info Processing System)
Unos

IBM and clones:
GECOS
BESYS
TSS/360
CP/CMS

Apples:
Copeland

Linuxes:
Linux*
Elive
DreamLinux
64 Studio
KateOS
EvilEntity
Pardus
Puppy
Slackware*
Zenwalk

Unices:
Bell Labs Unix*
AIX
BSD
Damn Small Solaris
Inferno
IRIX
Minix vmd
Octopus
Plan 9    
TUNIS
Weenix
XINU
SpriteOS
VxWorks
Unixware
HP UX

Micros:
ORIC (that is all)

Older than dirt:
EDVAC
ENIAC
Harvard Mark I

Others:
EPOC
eCOS
FreeVMS
Honeywell Kitchen Computer
CTOS
Burroughs MCP
CANDE (text editor)
Red (text editor)
Eve (text editor)
Vi (test editor)
QED (text editor)
Thoth

* characters that existed beforehand in concept or prototype, but that I more-or-less redesigned/developed.

You're on the Blogwagon now, Zen!

stewartsage

Seventy-two, Bella.  Not that I was counting of course.

AMENDED: HOLY CRAP I OVERCAME WRITERS BLOCK IN QUITE A SPECTACULAR MANNER.

Chocofreak13

bella: HO JEEZ -TANS

stewie: ;____; i spaced it and missed teh show.....next week.....

nej: uhm, you could take a page from my future-college-playbook:
find an asian market
buy a ricecooker for dirt cheap
buy rice for dirt cheap
??????
PROFIT!!!!

i miss alot when i'm not on teh internetz for about 2 days ._____.;

but on the bright side, I'M BUILDING A SUPERCOMPUTER FROM JUNK. >:3

or as close as one can get......but after motherboard replacement it now has 4 (FOUR!!) RAM slots (with the sacrifice of 2 card slots, but hey, i only need one) and the addition of a fan (now totalling 5, counting the ones on the processor and the power supply). i also made the discovery that my graphics card has ports for 2 monitors......WILL DUAL SCREEN FTW

sorry....i kinda nerd'd it up........i want to make minestrone cause y'all were talkin' bout food =P
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

I HEARD TILAPIA D:

and RICE D:

and BBQ..

now i'm hungry

stewartsage

s'okay Choco

On the subject of food, now desperately want to try the old Army MCI's.  Don't ask why.

VonDaab

Wut, MCI's are still available?

The stuff I was issued wasnt called anything nice and cool. It just came in a plastic bag and contained some dry and canned foods...
Typical FDF budget stuff.

Bella

Avert your eyes, Zen-san, because it's time for the ... Daily Food Report! Today I had (fresh baked) cinnamon-caramel-pecan rolls and peppermint tea for breakfast. It's a good combination, because the tea helps relive the upset stomach I inevitably get from eating cinnamon-caramel-pecan rolls. Next up: grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

Quote from: "Stew-san"Seventy-two, Bella.  Not that I was counting of course.

AMENDED: HOLY CRAP I OVERCAME WRITERS BLOCK IN QUITE A SPECTACULAR MANNER.

And I know I missed SOME... SharpOS, Tynix and O3ONE-tan weren't on the list for example. OH! And SCO Unix-tan.

OMG YES YOU DID. After I gather my thoughts I shall comment~! >:D

Old... Army... MCIs...? Well, 30-year-old tins of food can't be that bad, right? ^^'

Quote from: "Choco-san"but on the bright side, I'M BUILDING A SUPERCOMPUTER FROM JUNK. >:3

or as close as one can get......but after motherboard replacement it now has 4 (FOUR!!) RAM slots (with the sacrifice of 2 card slots, but hey, i only need one) and the addition of a fan (now totalling 5, counting the ones on the processor and the power supply). i also made the discovery that my graphics card has ports for 2 monitors......WILL DUAL SCREEN FTW

sorry....i kinda nerd'd it up........i want to make minestrone cause y'all were talkin' bout food =P

Wow, awesome! Sounds like a very fun project, too. (Maybe when I build my junk-supercomputer some day, we'll connect them and have a computer cluster. AND THEN WE'LL RULE THE WORLD~!) >:]

zjhentohlauedy

Bella I'm likin what you're doin! XD

MCIs *__*

stewartsage

Peppermint Tea is always delicious

Probably not, but there's one place I can check.  A retiring Colonel ate a pound cake he was issued in 1973 in Vietnam (made in 1969) and proclaimed it tasted fresh in 2009

>> 76

Hooray junk supercomputers!

zjhentohlauedy

peppermint tea is horrible when over brewed D:

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Bella"Wow, awesome! Sounds like a very fun project, too. (Maybe when I build my junk-supercomputer some day, we'll connect them and have a computer cluster. AND THEN WE'LL RULE THE WORLD~!) >:]

I want in on this!  I have a dual processor server in the attic doing nothing that I could add to the cluster.  1.1GHz of raw Pentium III powah!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

bombermania

I'm back....
So what am I missed when I'm gone?
Is there already any nanami 4 koma there?
;014
Quote"OS Tan Collection reminds you that your OS will never threaten to stab you(Unless somebody programmed it to do it) and, in fact, cannot speak(Unless somebody programmed it to do it, too). In the event that your OS does speak, OS Tan Collection urges you to disregard its advice(Unless it suggest you only good thing)."