Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zjhentohlauedy

yea yeah ian long island iced tea ^^;;

and bella you've been to the philippines before? how was it :3
My my, aren't you lovely~

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Bella"... unlike my accent, which is apparently very un-subtle, and some sort of strange Boston/Mainer/Scots lovechild.

Hey, you sound Italian American!  I like it.  And I agree that most people are ignorant about the rest of the operating systems out there.  I, unfortunately, was one of them up until a few years ago.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

i am a new englander w/o an accent, and it makes me quite sad. my teacher has a bostonian accent, my brother (non biological) has an english accent, and scottish when he's drunk apparently, my friend (who's from around here) gets a fricken' GERMAN accent when he's mad!

i want an accent ;____;

oh, and on the topic of tea, i went to 2 international markets yesterday in search of tea. the asian (korean?) one was closed, but thankfully the russian one was open and i bought a variety pack of tea.

it has 10 bags each of earl grey, lemon, strawberry, orange, raspberry, black currant, peach, apple, and cherry. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: "IDK"Earl Grey is black tea brewed with bergamot rind (bergamot is some sort of orange) - it's really good.

Funny story, when I was back in high school, we once had a student transfer from Spokane, WA. He'd constantly be derided and teased about his accent (he repaid them in kind), and one day the two of us were talking in study hall and he said, "You know what, you're the only one around here who sounds normal". To which I replied, "Huh?" and he said, "You're the only one who talks like I do". We had a laugh about that.

You don't need to tell me, I worship Tarantino.

Oooh, that does sound good...

Haha. ^^

Kill Bill 1 & 2 are two of my favourite movies of all time; and Death Proof is pretty awesome too, at least as far as karmic asskickings are concerned. xD

And I recently watched Pulp Fiction in its entirety! I'd seen bits and pieces of the movie before but never followed it... I absolutely loved it. :)

Quote from: "stewartsage"Ahhh.  Yep, I have a penchant for radio crime drama....

Yep, I only have the one song.  For now ^^

Doesn't really bother me, though I've heard that people with accents are prone to subconsciously modifying them on air or when speaking with authority figures.

Quoteps: it IS  Secret Asian Man.
Only if you mean the California based comic strip..... did I comment on that.... I don't remember, but there was a fair amount of rambling to be had.

I listened to a few tracks off Michigan on the recommendation of a friend awhile back. That's true about the accent modification; when I'm in a formal or business situation, I find myself talking in a more standard way. o.O

"Secret Agent Man" is an entry the book 'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy and Other Misheard Lyrics. With illustration! >xD

Quote from: "Nejin-kun"Fact: When in a cold environment, I will automatically switch to an accent that goes well with it. For swedish it's norrlandian, and my english...

...it takes on a russian flavor. Especially when I'm tired from con and walking through downtown Lowell at 1AM...

Your coolness never fails to amaze me, Nejin. ;v; My accent tends to get more accented in the cold too, oddly enough. O.o

Quote from: "Zen"and bella you've been to the philippines before? how was it :3

Actually, I haven't. That was just a manner of speaking... ^^'

But... it looks like a beautiful country. And the food-- at least indicated by that Philippine restaurant I visited-- is excellent. :D

Quote from: "Red"Hey, you sound Italian American! I like it. And I agree that most people are ignorant about the rest of the operating systems out there. I, unfortunately, was one of them up until a few years ago.

Haha, I am one-half Sicilian... maybe it's my ancestry showing through? Me toooooo... imagine, a whole world full of computer users and only a tiny fraction know where their technological heritage lies. >:

Quote from: "Choco-san"i am a new englander w/o an accent, and it makes me quite sad. my teacher has a bostonian accent, my brother (non biological) has an english accent, and scottish when he's drunk apparently, my friend (who's from around here) gets a fricken' GERMAN accent when he's mad!

i want an accent ;____;

oh, and on the topic of tea, i went to 2 international markets yesterday in search of tea. the asian (korean?) one was closed, but thankfully the russian one was open and i bought a variety pack of tea.

it has 10 bags each of earl grey, lemon, strawberry, orange, raspberry, black currant, peach, apple, and cherry. :3

Sounds like you're exposed to quite the menagerie of accents! Incidentally, my father enjoys speaking with a German accent. XD;

Dunno if you can "learn" an accent, but this site might help you fake it. xD

Aw, lucky to have international markets in your neighbourhood! The closest we have is the Japanese/Asian/Middle-Eastern/Latin American/Italian sections in our supermarket. (Granted, there ARE a lot of interesting finds there...)

Cockleshell

I don't even have an accent D:
I want to sound like a true bostonian.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

stewartsage

Given the right circumstances (and a white linen suit), I can sound like a proper southern gentleman.  And sometimes like I'm from Michigan.

zjhentohlauedy

NejinOniwa

TOMORROW AWAITS 20 hours of flying and airport waiting time. Whoop-dee-flipping-doctor-doolittle-doo.
>:|

SO! What do you folks suppose I can entertain myself with, aside from finishing up my work?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Bella"Haha, I am one-half Sicilian...

Ah, bonjiourno mi amiga.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Cockleshell

落ちてã,,ã,‹çŒ«éšŽæ®µ
Anyway, ughhhh workkkk >::: </3
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

nejin......you could, um...burn win 7 disk and mail eet to mee.......

i'm DESPERATE at this point. however, i learned yesterday that the downstairs computer (fukin' vista..) cannot torrent due to the fact that my father has it more plugged up than a grumpy, irregular old man.

bella, i also forgot to mention that my father has a constant accent, as he hails from europe. (he also has a constant air of angry and a constant cloud of cigarette smoke around him, but that's another story.)

oh and nejin, i thought you were staying there for 2 weeks? :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

1 week in NH and MA+1 week in MN = 2 WEEKS YO

Keep track of the times! -w-

OH: Two recent realizations. 1: My skin has gained a sparkling quality (think body glitter), for reasons I cannot imagine. 2: Just about everyone I meet, heck, even the SECURITY OFFICERS AT LOGAN AIRPORT voice the opinion that I look like a certain undead, blood-sucking creature.
This does not go well with my stance towards the Twilight fandom...

stewartsage

You've been bio-trolled.

zjhentohlauedy

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"1 week in NH and MA+1 week in MN = 2 WEEKS YO

Keep track of the times! -w-

OH: Two recent realizations. 1: My skin has gained a sparkling quality (think body glitter), for reasons I cannot imagine. 2: Just about everyone I meet, heck, even the SECURITY OFFICERS AT LOGAN AIRPORT voice the opinion that I look like a certain undead, blood-sucking creature.
This does not go well with my stance towards the Twilight fandom...

nejin, cosplay him XD

you can get a following D:

NejinOniwa