Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

I'm actually quite chatty IRL, but I tend to have difficulty in getting convos going online.  By pure chance, I'll sometimes stumble on a subject that gets interest stirred, but that only happens on occasion.

I've learned the easiest ways to get a conversation going generally involve topics that folks are passionate about, but that can be a very dangerous road to tread...

As you can see, Fedora-dono, you're not the only one who has trouble communicating.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

i have a mild touch of asperger's syndrome, so i don't play well with others. thus, i don't really talk to many people, and most people (outside of my friends) who talk to me write me off as some "freak". (hence the screenname!! xD ) i prefer typing to talking, because then i can properly articulate my thoughts rather than babbling and tripping over my own tounge.

but, as you can see by the last paragraph, even when i try, it sometimes doesn't come out right! ^^;

and when i talk/type stupidly, it's usually on purpose. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"i have a mild touch of asperger's syndrome

Oh wow, me too!  Hello fellow "freak"! :P
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Cockleshell

I have severe adhd
i space out in the middle of doing something and hey is that a penny
I really do have it.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

IanDanKilmaster

I have a friend with ADHD, he's advised me several times to see his therapist.

Aurora Borealis

I consider myself a freak and eccentric despite being 'normal'. Ever since I started school, I've mostly chosen not to fit in with my classmates, originally to the point of nonconformity!

...It wasn't until middle school that I learned that I HAD to fit in, even at the cost of individuality and my self-worth. :(

Pitkin

Oh, I know that feeling, Aurora-san... ._. Without exaggerating I could say that I faked my entire personality in the middle school, and it took something like six years to unlearn that afterwards, because I was scared that no one'd like that real personality of mine... I'm happy I was wrong, since after I've got a lot of friends who I consider "true" friends and not just schoolmates.

Aurora Borealis

Glad I'm not the only one! True friends are those who like you for who you are! That is a lesson I also learned the hard way. Sorry you had to 'assimilate' yourself for so long. :(

And my attempts to fit in back then did not go well. I didn't want to become yet another shallow 'clone' like many of my classmates, who frowned upon individuality, but I had to work with them. Despite that, I was lucky to find some fellow free-thinkers and valued the friendship I have/had with them.

IanDanKilmaster

I worked towards being accepted, quirks and all.

I did lose some of my identity along the way, but I'm not sure how much of that was just personality development rather than conformity.

EDIT: I do feel inclined to point out that these were also my deeply religious years and there was quite a bit of inner conflict for me.

stewartsage

I've always been rather acerbic so it always seemed people would want to avoid me , but then again I don't like other people's company too much.  Of course it f*ckin' backfired and people were always trying to talk to me or ask for help.  So it sort of worked out.

Also: Jeopardy college edition quiz thing tonight, maybe I'll get to be on national TV.

Toki

hmm... I never really felt the need to change myself despite the pressure to be like everyone else at the cost of being shunned.  I think I started highschool right when being "different" started being cool.  In highschool people started feeding on my weirdness and I had a lot of dopplgangers... people copying not only my fashion style but also the style of comics I drew then. That was the only thing that I annoyed me. Clothes are subjective, art is not... but thats that ^_^
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Toki

CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Voted.

Honestly, the only real competition I see is from kingboomy.  After checking those out, I really think yours is the best.

stewartsage

NejinOniwa

Bravely dashing in on the topic that was tossed around a few hours ago, I'd daresay that aside from my generally eccentric behavior and tastes, the best INSTANT ALIENATION tool in my arsenal is definitely my evil eyebrows...

I never even had to try to get around the need to fit in, because nobody ever dared get me closer than satellite orbit >_>

I'm slightly unsure as to whether that should be enough for the amount of alienation I've gone/put myself through, but I guess the rest can be accounted for with reputation and/or demonic aura or something.

I would also like to express my hate for all idiots who can't properly understand things that are vital to our existence (like the Internet and its connection tools), and yet are left responsible for their maintenance/upgrades. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG, seriously.

At least the techie at school is a pretty cool guy.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS