Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toki

I like to bake and cook deserts ^_^ My favorites being flan and coffee cake... I love to watch sugar caramelize! I haven't had the chance yet but I really want to make tiramisu. Lately I find that I don't each much else besides sweets... I only order desert from restaraunts and all I eat at home is... sweet things... x.x YET I STILL HAVEN'T GAINED THE 20 LBS I NEED TO DONATE PLASMA. RAAAAAGH.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Maybe you should... you know... eat something besides sweets.

I mean, diabetes isn't fun... at least, from what I hear.

The Choice of a New Generation.

SleepyD

huh, the captain really is back.
o-o-overdri-ive, o-o-overdri-ive~

cooking?

all I've cooked myself are simple things...
other than rice, bacon, eggs, and spam,
there's japanese curry...

I think the most complicated thing I made was a pumpkin pie.

Cockleshell

Someone help me, I have the inexplicable urge to write slash fanfics @^@;;
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

IanDanKilmaster

Even though I really, really know that I'll wind up regretting this, at the same time I'm very much drawn to ask who... but please do not indulge that very small, stupid voice inside my head.  Also, how can I stop you... how?

Xeon

QuoteYeah, we have that, anchovies and soy sauce, right?
I use the Japanese brand of Worcestershire Sauce the fruits and vegetable ones that are meant  to be used on Japanese food like Yakisoba and Udon. I suppose you could use a western equivalent but it probably wouldn't taste the same -~-.

QuoteWhere the hell do you get the noodles? The only noodles I ever see in the supermarket are Italian.
You can use Ramen Noodles since their essentially the same thing. Ramen noodles are frozen so you can usually find them at the frozen food section.

QuoteJust what is in the Japanese sauce?
The Japanese Worcestershire is basically the base of the sauce, you can just use it as is but it would taste rather plain. I recommend you try experimenting by mixing various ingredients like Rice wine,Ketchup,soy sauce,miryn and etc with the Worcestershire sauce till you find a good combination that you like. I'm sure you can find recipes for tonkatsu sauce on the internet which you can use as a reference.

Finally managed to tear myself away from Mass Effect 2. Awesome game but horrible minigames. I'm hesitant at doing a second play through though, Scanning planets for half of the game isn't my cup of tea ~-~. Mehh for now I'll just faint from sleep deprivation.

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.

stewartsage

The only cure for wanting to write slashfic is death, unfortunately.  Depending on what kind of slashfic I suppose.

IanDanKilmaster

After a wikipedia search, I've discovered the closest western equivalent of Japanese Worcestershire sauce would be something like BBQ sauce or maybe Steak sauce.  The wikipedia article actually compares the flavor to a cross between Western Worcestershire sauce and steak sauce.

Most likely I'll wind up making the sauce myself, but will probably use such substitutes in a pinch.  Also, ramen is fairly hard to come by where I'm from, that is, other than the instant variety.  Yeah, I live in a regular cornucopia of culture, heh? -_-;

Cockleshell

I have the uncanny ability to crack all of my toe and finger knuckles every 3 minutes.
):
Plus, they tingle when I don't.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

IanDanKilmaster

I have the same problem cockle, even in my neck, which I've learned to pop without even using my hands.

Cockleshell

When I turn my head around and roll it up and down side to side I can hear a fleshy crunching noise that's always there, sometimes its really loud.

IanDanKilmaster

Try doing it with your mouth open, it's like amplified.  I used to weird my girlfriend out with that, ha.

Cockleshell

Doesn't make that much of a diff...
anyways off to sleepies in the 6 hours i have

Smokey

Heh, ya know that cracking joints like that actually destroys them over time... ^_^

In other n00wz... heh heh heh ;006

HEY NEJ, LOOK AT US!!! OUR SPYKER HAS BOUGHT YER SAAB!!! LOL ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Cockleshell

someone help me red_machine is wanting me to write yuri T___T