Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

I watched District 9.

I sweated.
And I cried.
Cried because I know that's just the sort of xenophobic fuckwads that mankind - largely - consists of.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Aye.  And we call ourselves civilised.

I think Britain needs to go back to the 19-century mindset of "We're British.  We don't do that sort of thing!"  Those were the days!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Indeed.

I feel better now though, after reading some about Ramesses II. That's one hell of a man.

Moodswing rating is at 95% today. This could be a bad thing.

Chocofreak13

i liked victorian england, but not the imperialistic treatment of India. :[

managed to get through the first book of paradise lost. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Actually, it was France and America that treated their colonies like shit.  Most of our aquisitions were achieved through monies and voluntary absorbtion.  With the exception of the Boer War, of course...

stewartsage

Technically we don't call them colonies....

NejinOniwa

What the hell do you call them? Non-states?

Aurora Borealis

Incidentally, for anthropology class I'm reading about globalization, colonization, and the devastating effects they had on the native people under colonial rule. :(

IanDanKilmaster

Possessions/Territories... same diff.

They don't have any say in the federal govt. that presides over them (well, if they want, they can leave the island to vote, but fuck that), but hey... no taxes, amirite?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

red, i meant it was detrimental to the people; their culture suffered under british rule. (just cause you love your country does not mean you can say it didn't treat some of their colonies like crap!!) not to mention the the general treatment of the people, the racisim, the oppression, the segregation on things as simple as sidewalks.

ist thou forgetting the sepoy rebellion? or the Amritsar massacre? your country firing on thousands of unarmed sikhs in peaceful protest, many of whom were women and children?

meh. don't be like the turkish government. recognize your country's flaws along with its strengths.
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Yes I do know about those.  But the governor who opened fire on the protesters was an arrogant ass.  If I was in charge, we'd still have the empire, but it would be much more benevolent.

EDIT: And now I have just been made redundant.  FML.

Cockleshell

Be ready for a veritable shitstorm of -kun pics to the gallery, I just found a batch of 17 neverbeforeseen -kun pics 0:
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Sorta pretty much OT, incoming shetstorm of XP pics from danbooru
the xp tag on danbooru alone has more pictures than this whole website combined
I need some help, guys.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=xp&commit=Search
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Xeon

Use Bazzcuda Image Saver Plus for firefox for rapid image farming. I would help if my upload speed didn't suck balls.

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.