Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaereth

True. Though I haven't study yet our constitution (as I know there is no well-known additions to it about civil rights) I can certainly says that there are a lot of big "holes" in Russian enterprising legislation. For example in some laws where nonprofit companies rights and liabilities are described there is no mention about their secondary liability. And the only source of this knowledge is judicial opinion (or court practice...which world is more correct in this cause?) which isn't often unanimous.
And after seeing this I am not surprised that there is not enough nonprofit companies in my country though they are needed much.
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Smokey

oh-oh...politics...

RED ALERT, RED ALERT! ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! POLITICS ARE BEING DISCUSSED!

FIRE TOPIC-CHANGING TORPEDO FROM TUBES ONE AND THREE!

So, anyone seen Angels and Demons yet?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Vaereth

Not yet ^_^  I bought tickets on nearest weekend only yesterday. Interesting will  it be as mystic as The Da Vinci Code ^_^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I feel inclined to also point out that not all faulty legislation is the result of intentionally vague wording, sometimes it's simply outmoded due to a lack of appropriate foresight.  For example, the Writer's Guild of America has to feckin' strike every decade because they keep setting up terms for royalties that deal strictly with contemporary media formats, rather than find a way to write up a deal that would cover all possible formats (including future media).  Perhaps that's not the best example, but consider if you will that this planet and the beings that dwell on it will actually be around for a few more centuries, would laws written now actually be applicable then?  So perhaps those that penned your country's laws regarding NPOs may have not foreseen the need for provisions regarding secondary liability.  In any case, writing legislation is no small task and I'm very impressed whenever a law is made that's not only fair but also effectively enforced.

ADDED AFTER INTERRUPOST:

Quote from: "Smokey"RED ALERT, RED ALERT! ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! POLITICS ARE BEING DISCUSSED!

Normally such is the case, but I would say our discussion was hardly controversial (save my mentioning of gay marriage and the DEA).  Still me thinks you may be on to something and the subject should be changed.

QuoteSo, anyone seen Angels and Demons yet?

XD Great idea Smokey, we'll drop one flamebait topic for another, eh?  On topic, no I haven't seen it, nor have I seen The Da Vinci Code.  Now, you should probably already know it would have nothing to do with what any religious leader has had to say about it.  It's just that it's not the kind of thing that interests me.  Mayhaps I'm just too nerdy to appreciate that kinda thing, ya know?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Vaereth

QuoteSo perhaps those that penned your country's laws regarding NPOs may have not foreseen the need for provisions regarding secondary liability

Yeah I just looked some older versions of this laws and so that some items was wrote in USSR period. So if these laws was created in that time it is not suprised that the secondary liability isn't mentioned (in USSR time this concept was absent)

QuoteI'm very impressed whenever a law is made

Yeah it is a great work cuz it involes induced thinking which is a very rare ability ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Vaereth"Yeah it is a great work cuz it involes induced thinking which is a very rare ability

Indeed, which is why it's rare to find a law that can reliably avert exploitation.

Chocofreak13

how....long....?? how long have i been gone!??? *rolls on floor in fetal position*

btw, idk, you only knew how old i was because you pay attention. :3

Added after 13 minutes:

ooo ooo!! yesterday they rickrolled the mall!!! the song came on and i was like, lol, rickroll!
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"how....long....?? how long have i been gone!??? *rolls on floor in fetal position*

I think you've only really missed a couple of days (out of about two weeks) where there was any notable activity.

Quotebtw, idk, you only knew how old i was because you pay attention. :3

Well, it probably also has to do with how well I remember numbers.  I hate math, but I seem to have a knack for remembering numerical sequences.
PH33R TEH MAN WITH TEH CODEZ

Chocofreak13

p$$h, | r3$p3(7 n4w7 ur 1337 0r (0d3r $k|11z.  :rolleyes:
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

blarghjsfsgddbvcdwewgrhnbvcd hay im speaking languages.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I was actually alluding to the concept of the Nuclear football, that is supposedly activated by some sort of code that only the President knows.  I was playing on the possibility of the codes being a series of numbers that I somehow knew.

Computer coding is something beyond me...

Vaereth

I always respecte people who know how to code ^_^ Especially if they know computer coding ;012
Btw, Ian-kun, I am under the impression that you profession is bound with jurisprudence ^_^ Am I right? ;012

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I deal with philosophy in general, but I hardly call it a profession XD - it's not something I get paid to do.  I'm paid (very little, I might add) for just menial tasks, philosophy is just a hobby of mine.  Thanks for noticing though :D.

Vaereth

Well, the philosophy is one of the main subjects which is studying in Russia if a person have the profession that is bound with the jurisprudence ^_^
I studied it only for 6 months but my profession doesn't involves a lot of jurisprudence cuz it is bound with accounting and auditing. But the knowledge of laws and especially Internal Revenue Code is needed strongly :D