Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Vaereth"As I understand you injured your ear by cutting it inside with the bobby pin?

I'm guessing that's how I injured myself, yes.  I'm just hoping no permanent damage is done.  If I could be rest assured that my hearing would be restored after some time, I wouldn't mind it so much.

Quote from: "Smokey"Well, where i'm going (airforce) High(er) ranking officers are the only ones you really have to salute and name by their rank, the rest is called by first name...  (at least that's what the sergeant-major told me...)

That's pretty much the case in any of the armed forces isn't it?  At least, that's what I'm used to hearing from my dad.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

well, it also depends on who you have in front of you; if you're dealing with a stuck-up sarge, you may assume he'll want you to name his rank instead of his name... not that you'll be gwetting much respect if you're like that, though...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

VonDaab

Well, in the FDF, we called everyone by last name, and everyone from NCO's higher with their Rank. Rarely used names when talking with higher rank people, maybe when there were several with same rank and want to specify to who you are talking to...

Here we also use "Mr.", not Sir or any other equivalent.
So its "mr. sergeant", "mr. lieutnant" and etc...

What makes things evern more confusing is that I was in Finlands only swedish speaking brigade, so we called everyone in swedish...

NejinOniwa

Fun fact: Finland is the only country where Swedish is state language.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

Fun Fact: Swedish is a minority language in Sweden.

Well, maybe not. But it feels like it soon is...

NejinOniwa

Swedish has not any kind of official status at all in sweden, actually...

Better or worse? _W_

ALSO SHAMELESS RP ADVERTISING, COME ON GUYS.

zjhentohlauedy

wait wait wait. captbrenden is a girl? the warhammer guy? the banhammer guy? i really remember seeing his deviantart with all the military stuff and stuff..... I'm really really confused right now
My my, aren't you lovely~

Red-Machine

I know.  I checked his DeviantArt when I first arrived and it said "Male" under the gender box.  Then I checked again last month and he has a new one where it says "Female" under gender.  And I also checked the MySpace link on the new profile.  Um, kay.  All of the pictures are of a girl that looks suspisciously like a guy...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Check out the gender thread. The details are in there, but let's not make another uproar over it, k?

Red-Machine

Ah.  The one page in the gender thread I DIDN'T read...

Well, that explains it.  If Captain-chan reads this, I apologise for my earlier statement.  I was labouring under a false impression.

NejinOniwa

And let's bury this page quickly as well, so we've got it well out of the way before cap might return.

Red-Machine

Let's have an off topic frenzy, then!

Anyone wanna help me with my plans for world domination?

IanDanKilmaster

And what is the deal with Italian Ice, isn't it just flavored frozen water?

Sorry I have a very strong distaste for Jerry Seinfeld, but this is all I got.

NejinOniwa

All you got? Who the hell did you GET that from, Jar-Jar Binks? I tell you, if you don't start shaping up soon we'll be forced to deport you - TO NABOO!

By the way, the World Domination niche is mine, Red. Monopoly rules. You can be my henchman, though.

IanDanKilmaster

Hey, gotta save the "good stuff" for when I'm cutting down people.

Anyone else a fan of Doug Benson?  Seen Super High Me?