Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaereth

I think it is illness which is slowly seizing the forum. We need to stop it XD
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I actually did a little doodle today... not really much of anything, piss-poor really, but something productive I guess.  I hate being sick, but I think I hate all the fear-mongering involving swine flu even more.  In no way am I trying to imply that I have swine flu, but I am sick and it just seems weird that I would be fulfilling the role of the voice of reason.

I think too much ><

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

It's not the swine flu...
UN and other organisations have named it either the "new flu" (Nova influenza) or the Mexican flu...

Is is a mix of swine fly, bird flu and human flu... so that term is outdated and incorrect..
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Vaereth

I started to think about different types of flue too. Scary  ;066  ;066  But to think of it again the panic is the worse  thing... I hope Ian-kun don't have any type of flu at all

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Smokey"It's not the swine flu...
UN and other organisations have named it either the "new flu" (Nova influenza) or the Mexican flu...

Is is a mix of swine fly, bird flu and human flu... so that term is outdated and incorrect..

This I knew, I read wikipedia too, you know XP!  It's just that swine flu is the term for it in common US vernacular (thank you news people!).  How many people (aside from you, Smokey) would've known what I was talking about if I said "Nova influenza".  Let us also keep in mind that both avian flu and swine flu are simply mutated variants of human flu as well, and at the end of the day it's still just another sickness we don't yet posses a vaccine for...

The main thrust of what I was saying earlier was - it's not the fucking plague the media is playing it up to be.  Sure, precautions should be taken, but to hear the pundits tell it, you should start hoarding in fear in an underground bunker ><;.  
IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD, FOLKS!

Quote from: "Vaereth"I started to think about different types of flue too. Scary   But to think of it again the panic is the worse thing... I hope Ian-kun don't have any type of flu at all

Well, that's sweet of you, Vae-chan ^^;.  I can assure the complaints of my ailment are greatly exaggerated (I whine a lot, I admit).  So I'm pretty certain what I have is not the swine flu.  I suggested that I might have influenza, but I'm not even sure of that.  In any case, it's not any more than I can handle - otherwise I wouldn't be in front of the keyboard right now ~__^.  Sure, flu can be scary, but the main reason Americans are scared is because we're in bad shape and have shitty diets (which make us prone to just about anything).  So no worries, but I do appreciate your concern...

Seamore

Hope you get better Ian. No matter how light it is, a flu is a flu and is extremely annoying. BTW, isn't flu can be deadly in US is because of the climate? In my place, which had tropical climate, flu is not a dangerous sickness. Well, except for the bird flu and swine flu.  In here, Influenza probably going to make you sneeze a lot, but that's that.

Quote from: "Smokey"Well if you haven't hit 23 yet you're still younger, and i'm still (as far as i know the oldest geezer around here...  

Lol, you're not the oldest. I'm older than you. Surprise? ;010
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

Vaereth

Yeah, flu is extremely annoying and boring thing(( Better to prevent it quickly.
Whish to live in tropical climate too not only because of  the common flu fear (in Russia a simple chill can grow into the flu if a person haven't started to treat it immediately) but also because I just like warm and sunny weather ^_^
And btw bad shape is a widespread problem nowadays.

Smokey

Obh, flu is common here aswell, since we have this shitty cluimate in wich the one day it can be 30°C with sun, the day after that it can be ~18°C with rain followed by a day with temps in the high twenties with clouds making it relly stuffy...

Also
QuoteLol, you're not the oldest. I'm older than you. Surprise?
*commits seppuku*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Seamore"Hope you get better Ian. No matter how light it is, a flu is a flu and is extremely annoying. BTW, isn't flu can be deadly in US is because of the climate? In my place, which had tropical climate, flu is not a dangerous sickness. Well, except for the bird flu and swine flu. In here, Influenza probably going to make you sneeze a lot, but that's that.

Thank you, Seamore.  Flu isn't really deadly unless you're really young, really old or somehow otherwise immuno-impaired.  I just have to remember to stay hydrated and eat well.  I should point out that the jury is still out on whether or not I actually have the flu (have yet to visit the doctor).

Quote from: "Vaereth"Whish to live in tropical climate too not only because of the common flu fear (in Russia a simple chill can grow into the flu if a person haven't started to treat it immediately) but also because I just like warm and sunny weather

Meh, I still prefer colder climates.  Here in the South, it gets hot.... too hot.

SleepyD

we've been hitting 90F/32C around here.

Feelin' fine. :3

Smokey

Beh, we just had a couple of rainy and windy days to break the hot-streak we were on... that was nice; temps from 20°C to 26°c, now it has cooled down alot, and i see the sun for the first time in days...

But, i shouldn't be complaining i worked afternoon shift this week wich is from 13:30 to 23:00, and yes those are long days, but you get friday off...
Hope next week the weather is better, though, cuz i will be in the morning shift, wich is from 06:00 to 14:00 and on friday we work till noon... it'd be a shame to be spending all those free afternoons indoors because of crappy weather...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Delta's mobo is broken. It got epileptic all of a sudden and wouldn't start up after that.
Sad Nejin is sorrowful.

Anyway...I try to stay out of all temperatures above 20 degrees...my metabolism kills shit.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

svx

Storm took out the generator on the other side of the continent.  Your mission is to repair it.  Take (edit: taek) this wrench and the gryoscope from Old Ben Herbert on Cecil Lane.  There's a strong influx of resistance members there, but you'll make it.  Then, repair the damned generator array.  You're our only hope.  Nejin.

What was I saying?  Uhn...  80 degrees...  Budweiser.  Lawn mower.  I'm set.

NejinOniwa

I trust your information is correct, my agent.
I shall depart immediately. TO THESE LANDS WE GO, ALL HASTE~

...i think my aim is off. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

svx

I think... I think you were... hinting at something? I'll bring the booze, you bring the spatula.  Stirfry tonight, comrade.

Vos vadanya.  Comrade.  I'm... moving there.