Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I have very refined senses of hearing and smell (except times like now, when I'm sick), and probably shouldn't fuck with my ears by going to something like a metal show.  My cousin actually recommended that I start wearing earplugs when I go to shows with my brother.

Anyway, the damage is worth it to see an Opeth show - as long as you're willing to stand up that long, haha.  Yeah, Mikael was doing this thing where he would say stuff in between the songs.  Sometimes a story about the next song, but usually random shit.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

you would be a pirate, nejin. xD go you guys. support for yous. :]

opeth sounds good. (haven't heard then play, i mean from what you guys said) any mp3s you can send? i've only heard a few foriegn bands (PUFFY, tokio hotel, Papaya [or Linnea Handburg, as she's now known]. she was nice :] )

willing to trade~~

oh, and, while i've never been to a concert, people swear i'm gonna go deaf. i currently have a nice pair of skullcrushers (noise-cancelling headphones from skullcandy) and people can hear my music. xD

mind you, i'm also surprised that i'm not a diabetic or as big as a house. :\ but then i just stop asking why and enjoy it.

you guys heard nightwish? the good one with the gothic russian singer, not that cheapo fake-goth pop group.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Never heard of the real nightwish...

And Ian, i didn't say that what the industry does is good, they can just pull it off, cuz they have the money...

also, last concert i have been to was last year three reasonable coverbands to wear you down (srsly by the time the last band was almost done i said to my mate; fuck it, let's grab a bench outside and eat or shit like that), but then the reason we came there got on stage and that really made up for it... Deep Purple, damn, those guys are still awesome live...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"opeth sounds good. (haven't heard then play, i mean from what you guys said) any mp3s you can send? i've only heard a few foriegn bands (PUFFY, tokio hotel, Papaya [or Linnea Handburg, as she's now known]. she was nice :] )

Opeth, known for long-ass songs (I know of one that's like 30 minutes) that mix hard driving metal with lighter acoustic harmonies.  Like Nej, they are Swedes, so you should like them, Choco :P.  Also, if you like Metalocalypse, the character Toki (not to be confused with OSCMoePoster) is apparently inspired by the band's lead, Mikael.

Quotewilling to trade~~

Well, you see, there's a problem with that.  No matter what anyone's stance here is on the issue, the official forum policy is to discourage the sharing of copyrighted works.  So that's a big no-no.  I will, however, indulge your desire to hear the greatness of Opeth by linking you to their hompage, and myspace.  That suffice? ^^

Quoteoh, and, while i've never been to a concert, people swear i'm gonna go deaf. i currently have a nice pair of skullcrushers (noise-cancelling headphones from skullcandy) and people can hear my music. xD

Well, as I've stated before, the concerts I attended while in ATX were my first, so don't be fooled by the "old pro" talk.  I did earn some credibility by recognizing the lameness of the venue in which Opeth played, though.

Quote from: "Smokey"And Ian, i didn't say that what the industry does is good, they can just pull it off, cuz they have the money...

Sorry about that, ^^; I really didn't mean for it to come off the way it did.  That's one reason why I wanted to avoid the topic, it can be so easy for some people to get defensive and get the wrong impression (as I apparently did, sorry again) and take all the fun out of what should be a normal discussion.

Smokey

Oh, no fun lost here...
'xcept for the fact you didn't say anything about the Deep...Too young, maybe?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Oh, you mean "Smoke on the Water" - yeah I like them :P.  I just was putting a lot into one post, so I wanted to get all that other stuff down ASAP.

Smokey

;068 Good thing you're not being serious, cuz if you were, i'd smack you through the screen... That is blasphemy to a rocker like me...

tsk, tsk, tsk... ;070 ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

*sniffle* no one likes mah music. v_v;

thanx for links though, even if i'm gonna have to go downstairs for it. :\
i think i've heard of deep purple. maybe sis had it.....?

ohh, and, swede=awesome most of the time. i have family there, and fond memories of sweden. the air was so crisp and clean.....

edit: look for "over the hills and far away" by nightwish. other songs i've heard by them (both were teh shitz) are "wishmaster" and "nemo". :]
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Poke around some more, maybe you'll speak of a band i know... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Well, without a doubt, my favorite band of all time is Motörhead.  I would kill for an opportunity to hear them live.  According to my brother (who's been to a concert), I would probably be trading in my superb hearing to hear them, though -__-;.

Chocofreak13

they're so famous they actally ring a bell.
speaking of famous, that's a song by puddle of mudd. gooood band. <]
click to make it bigger

Smokey

ah, now PoM i know... ^_^
As do i know Mötörhëäd...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

"Killed by Death" is my shit, yo!

EDIT: Added link to music video, for extra awesomeness.

Smokey

Jefferson Airplane, Martha Reeves and the Vandrellas, the Box Tops, ya know stuff like that, more my thing... (highly depending on my mood, BTW)
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Nightwish = finnish band, including Tarja. No reversals here! >:(

But yeah, old times were good. The new singer doesn't quite have that spark in her...

Speaking of finns, Sonata Arctica is creamy and raw. Nice.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS