Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Oh they wouldn't, huh? You'd be damned they do. Do as in denmark, give 'em a special offer: "Hey! You're guilty of filesharing! But if you don't bother bringing this to court and just pay us right now...you just get half the sum! That's just 50000$ instead of 100000$! How lucky you are! Now pay us, pirate scum!"

Damn freaks.

Added after 4 minutes:

Let's see if this works.

Added after 54 seconds:

Ah, crud. Here we go.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Yes, that is exactly as i said... people who are filesharing large amounts[/u] so the industry loses tens or hundreds of thousands...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

That's one beaAAAUUUUTIFUL spike there to the right, isn't it... _W_

Added after 1 minutes:

and it's not quite up-to-date either, should be 18200 now -w-

And no, smokey - that's the common amount they send to just about anyone.

Sick fuckrers, aren't they?

Smokey

Yeah, that is funny indeed...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

No, not funny, just plain scary.

And lightspeed is still ongoing - if it goes on like this, we'll get over 20000 before midnight drops. *drools*

Srsly...SCORE?

IanDanKilmaster

Smokey, you can hardly argue that what the industry wants is reasonable.

Two wrongs don't make a right, dammit.  I'll be damned if someone can reasonably state enslaving someone is a justifiable punishment for filesharing... it's absurd.  In any case, this BS isn't happening here anymore, the RIAA sued themselves into a pit of near-bankruptcy (who didn't see that coming?).  Instead they bypass the whole legal process by contacting ISPs directly and telling them to choke or shut-off a user's internet (all this is based upon "suspicious download activity").

I feel compelled to mention that a topic like this could easily reach shitstorm status, cite my same reasoning for the non-discussion of religion.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Well, at least we kinda seem to be walking on the same track here, so it's not all that much to worry about...maybe.
^^

And in this case, all publicity is good publicity -w-

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I don't know if OSC is a good place to promote an agenda - that is, it may be good for TPB, but is it good for OSC?

Despite seemingly being on the same page (you can call me a "privacy advocate", ya know?), this is a topic I'm certain has its pros and its antis in this very forum.  While things seem gravy now, that might only be as long as everyone is agreeing.  This is a political topic and for a lot of people (sadly, I include myself in this statement), that's Serious Business.  I'm just trying to be careful...

NejinOniwa

Truth of truths. Or as I say, Hide shit, and Hide it well - unless there is no need to hide it.

Ah, well. Lightspeed has slowed down some, but we're still going Per Aspera, Ad Astra as far as I can see. Let's switch the topic, shall we...

Speaking of Per Aspera Ad Astra, the only person I fear in this world (my classmate since nine years now, and still the only person who can really scare my wits out) introduced me today to Haggard, with just that song.

HAVE A LISSUN

IanDanKilmaster

Brutal, kinda reminds me of Opeth.

NejinOniwa

Except with a bit more weirdo renaissance influence lol ^^

IanDanKilmaster

I was actually going to say something along those lines XD.  By the way, do you know if Mikael always talks between songs, because he did that in Austin?  He did it in such a deadpan fashion too, funny as shit.

NejinOniwa

I dunno - I just learned about their existence today. I might ask her...if I dare that is ^^
(that woman can be seriously scary at times lol XD)

IanDanKilmaster

You just learned about Opeth today?  Or did I confuse you?  (Mikael is the lead singer of Opeth)

EDIT: Oh look, I'm a Mac.

NejinOniwa

Ah, no, I was talking about Haggard...ah damnit.

I don't listen much to Opeth, but I've heard them some before. Dunno about their concerting though...not much of a concert guy, I'm too protective of my eardrums. ^^;