Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Meh, I'm one of the last nerds that still watch TV, but I don't watch any network TV 'cos reality TV took over and it sucks ass, the sitcom is dead, and anything actiony or science fictiony always gets the Hype Backlash from me.  Mostly I watch Cartoon Network (particularly [as]), Comedy Central, truTV, Discovery Networks (all those nature channels, I love that stuff), whatever channel happens to be playing M*A*S*H, and admittedly wrasslin' is a guilty pleasure of mine (I'm watching it now).

The internet kinda sucks for video entertainment right now, my main experience being with sites like youtube (is anyone else amazed with the level of retardation of the average youtube commenter?).

Oh and about being nice, I'm naturally that way, but I'm also a bit of a smart-ass.  If I have an "ulterior motive" (a particular motive), chances are I'll act like a real asshole.  I'm weird that way.

EDIT: I've been meaning to read more too.  I honestly don't read much fiction, though.  When I do, it's usually sci-fi stuff.  Also, I'm not counting comic books in that (it's not really reading if there's lots of peektyors).  So I mostly read books on philosophy and guide books.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

Alot of comic books are practically novels and certainly have the presence of one. Watchmen and Sandmen in particular

also... etou...

I'm looking for some unbiased advice.. but I'm not sure what about!

You see I've started to get alot of attention from conventions about voice acting and performing. I just won my second karaoke idol contest (using Momoi songs of course!) first at NakaKon in Kansas City and then at SakuraCon in Seattle in which I performed in closing ceremonies. It was embarassing and I was very sleepy @_@ uwaah.

I'm not sure if I really want to pursue a career in performing since I haven't had any professional training and I don't want to seem like a silly gaijin. And I much prefer just to admire and appreciate others. My own performances are mostly just patronage to Momoi-san so I wish to give her the credit since I'm just a poor imitation. If I performed at Fanimecon I wonder if she would come see me * faints *

Anyway, since I'm just sort of lost and confused could I get some thoughts about
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Well, what are we talking about exactly?

Now what you are asking from what I understand is, should you jump right in to voice acting or performing (is that singing you mean?)?

My answer is, no, at least not professionally.  I can not stress enough the importance of training in acting or singing.  Having a natural aptitude for it is very important, and it's great that you seem to have that in your favor, but one still needs the experience of training to truly understand the finer points of performance.  Still, I highly recommend getting involved in amateur voice work if that sounds like something you feel you want to get involved, because it's that kind of thing that would really give you an impression of whether you'd truly enjoy it or not.  In regards to singing, I would recommend something, but I'm not really sure what kind of stuff you'd want to do.

Smokey

Try to see if you can grab a gig at the side of what your current dayjob (also counting school) is... Don't start with anything too big or serious, so you (and they) can scope it out and see if you really like it and if you'd want to do more...
So basically start small and keep it as a hobby on the side, untill you want it to grow... Cuz in the end, no matter what happens you'll be the one to accept or refuse the jobs... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Hey, I thought I told you guys I was gonna be gone for a week? Gee.

Also 167,5 lbs and 6", pretty much, lawl.

ALSO ALSO I must say. Momoi Haruko's voice <3.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

hmmm, telly. i've spent nearly half my short life in my room (i'm a  bit of a shut in) and my favorite show (well, fav non anime) is law and order svu. hell, i've seen so much i have the opening memorized. my sis saw part of a taping when she lived in NYC (still jealous).

uhm, since i'm young and get only basic cable (my grandparents have on demand <3 so i watch it sometimes when i'm there) i mostly watch cartoon network (i get in some [as] once in awhile, mostly ondemand, since i have to get up early and be active during the day, and i'm constantly tired. ) other than that, occasional nick, comedy central, and other random channels including (but not limited to) fox, wb (or should i say "cw" *rolls eyes* ) USA (L&OSVU), other channels?

i miss that little faux-video game that was going on a few pages ago.

i wish i could go to conventions. :[

oh and guys, i'll probably be on more now, i got my old shitbox working on the net!! =D (i had to re-upgrade, and the refresh rate on this monitor sucks, but it's worth it. xD )

oh yeah, just to bother you further, my sizes are 36, 30, 40.
i don't have the huge tracts of land like my friends though. :[ i have fairly good sized ones, but i still feel inferior cause my sis is a d and i have two friends who are double-d's.  (my enemy looks to be a c, and i have another friend who looks to be a d. o__o; )
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"oh yeah, just to bother you further, my sizes are 36, 30, 40.

IanDanKilmaster

XD

OMIGOD, such excellent timing and placement, lulz.

Has anyone else been seeing more of Sir Mix-a-Lot than they expected?  Thanks to Robot Chicken and now a commercial for Burger King...

NejinOniwa

I've never seen it once, and now that I do, I'm happy.

Speaking of which, I've got a present for you, /osc/. Proudly made and hosted by myself.

http://nejinoniwa.co.cc/neon_os

Smokey

Riiight...

gone a week... hmm seems like it was longer...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, and anytime you say you'll be gone for a week, it always seems to be a week or two after the week you said it would be.  So yeah, by the time you're gone, the OSC's short-term memory problem kicks in.

NejinOniwa

10 days, then, but still.

Fuckdamnhell, the abstinence problems are insane. -w-

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

absinthe ~ abstinence?

XD

WHAT?!

Smokey

well, i can't imagine Nej having problems with his abstinence...

Abstinence is the same as celibacy, right?
Thanks Fedora-sama