Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami Madobe Fan and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I usually stay up quite late and wake up in the afternoon.  I recently decided I should take the opportunity to improve my health and part of that is going to sleep earlier.  So far that part hasn't worked out -__-;...

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

I tried to do that for a while... it's really tough! Eating healthy was going really well for a while it's easy for me to eat healthy when I'm in hikikomori mode... but when I spend time with freinds they always buy me food and food and more food and junk food and I can't say no because it will go to waste and love food!!
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

I have a similar problem, but mine starts with actually getting healthy food into the house.  That's a problem because I'll be the only one eating it, and if that happens stuff'll spoil, ya know?

Toki

Peanutbutter, tortillas, oatmeal and carrots last quite a while :3 and canned fruits like peaches and mandarin oranges... yum... *_*
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Peanut Butter never lasts long in this house... I get yelled at about it all the time it seems.  Tortillas and oatmeal are alright, but I hate carrots (unless they're in a stew or something).  Canned fruits are a problem because of the syrup they're usually canned with... not so healthy.

Toki

Actually it's not bad at all. Just sugar for preservation usually. and if you get "light syrup" as opposed to "heavy syrup" that just means less sugar was used. No additives or anything.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, I just have a preference for fresh stuff.  We've got some canned peaches, but those will probably wind up in a cobbler...

WE NEED BANANAS!

Seamore

In my place, there's lots of bananas. I love them to eat them as they are healthy and after you eat it, you can use it's skin for some pranks (though never did it again now. But when I'm still young...)
I can't say the same to this fruit though. It's odor gives me massive headache.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

Red-Machine

Well, I'm in Hong Kong right now (going to Japan next week) and it is bloody impossible for me to find stuff that I like apart from McDonalds.  I can't have McDonalds EVERY night!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Smokey

Well, i do follow an intensive training program (sounds healthy), only that doesn't take away the fact that i'm still a nightcrawler...

As for the healthfood, my sis usually cooks, so the food i eat is usually healthy enough, plus there's a permanent fish stand some fifty metres from our house, with delicious fish... mmmm smoked salmon... tuna.... mackerel.... tilapia...shrimps... -eehm anyways they have good fish, and fish is healthy...

BTW stressing about your health is more dangerous than eating a bit less "healthy" i believe...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Toki

I am very healthy so I don't have anything to stress about :D A little too skinny but people glare at me if I mention it.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Stress is bad for your health, indeed, but where I live things are usually fried or deep-fried - which pretty much ruins any nutrition a food has, so I believe my heightened concern about healthy food is justified.

At least I got my bananas the other day... HOORAY!

Smokey

You'd be amazed what the food industry did to the "healthyness" of your food, over-producing and such made the vitamins and healthy stuff like that almost completely dissapear out of a lot of foods..
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Smokey"You'd be amazed what the food industry did to the "healthyness" of your food, over-producing and such made the vitamins and healthy stuff like that almost completely dissapear out of a lot of foods..

Are you sure that's not a wee bit of an exaggeration there?  There are certain pitfalls that come with mass-production of anything, but I sincerely doubt that fresh fruit and vegetables have lost nearly that much nutritional value (if any).  You'd be hard pressed to deny the benefit of a good salad... o__O

Smokey

Wel i can be wrong, but if that's the case a major health company is lying through their teeth, and faking several big studies...
Besides, compare the way we grow our food nowadays with how we did it 50 years ago... We let fruits grow ripe in special chambers so they're ready faster, problem is, most vitamins are developed by sunlight exposure...
Now we can't do that with meat (yet), so milk and most meat is still plenty healthy... And most food we eat has added vitamins, so we don't have to stress about dying, but natural vitamins in fruits and veggies? diminished because we need too much, too fast...
Thanks Fedora-sama