Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

Quote from: "Smokey"
And cool that you're programming such a simulator... ^_^ What are you basing it on? because i only know about the ATC sims in MS Flightsim X and since today the one our airforce uses (i won't tell about that, because i don't want to get into trouble before i even get hired... ^_^)... Anyways good luck on programming and post about it, i'll be interested about that... :D
haha, like I said, we did have to dumb it down quite a bit, since we're dealing with CompSci people, not Aero guys.  This is going to be built from scratch, with aircraft and controllers controlled automatically at first, and then we'll likely put some manual capabilities in there in a later version.

Oh, and I found this at Fry's Electronics yesterday:
http://www.majescoentertainment.com/games/nintendo-ds/air-traffic-chaos/
Made me LOL in public, it did. XD;

Smokey

OMG!!! That boxart is so going to hang at my workplace when i get appointed... ;010
(430 Medical staff had Skrat, this is even more LOL)

Oh, and Nej, without ATC, AAs wouldn't have planes to shoot down...Who do you think coördinates that chaos in the skies? Certainly not the pilots... (although those pricks are pampered to death)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

I'm pretty sure air traffic rules don't apply in dogfights and city bombings, really. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

No you have another sort of ATC for that, Combat flight directors...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

lol, that game box is lol.
these days, they should have all trainging done through advanced video games. makes sense.

dogfights don't have rules of etiquette! just look at WWI!
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Etiquette, no, but making sure you don't FF is another thing, you know...the intelligence war is always on beneath the scenes.

Smokey

Oh, but wait there IS etiquette in war.... It's called Rules Of Engagement and geneva conventions etc...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Yeah, but that's an entirely different thing than air traffic control, I think... -w-

Anyway, ROLL CALL FOR SHIRETOKO FIREFOX USERS.

I'm in.

IanDanKilmaster

"Not I", said the Polar Bear...

Yeah, I'm sticking with 3.0 (3.0.7, to be exact) until 3.5 reaches final - or they release the beta on the Hardy repos (doubtful).  I'd rather not compile something when it might not be as stable as the thing I already have installed...

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

HAY YOU AMERIKKENS

This would help you out.

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

my sis uses firefox. i don't like it too much, i prefer IE.

and heey! i'm only half american citizen! >:\
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

i've always wondered what opera is like. seems like it'd be nice, or at least interesting.

anyone have opera? :]

since this is topicless, i don't feel bad about asking, "if i were to hug nejin irl, would he explode?" xD

sorry, listening to papaya right now. =D little hyper. (no human should be able to match this pitch, yet i can. HA! )
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Listening to the GLA soundtrack from C&C generals....
Fun stuff to play loud around military installations... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama