Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Oh, well that is at leas some good news...

Nature is a bit twisted, taking and right after, giving...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Nature is chaotic, and thus chaos is natural. Order is in fact against the order of the world - which is chaos by nature.

MY WORDS THEY CONFUSE JOO :W:
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

I was prepared to type something elaborate, deep, and philosophical, but I decided I'd keep it simple by offering my sympathies and proverbial shoulder.  It couldn't have been easy to deal with Cockle, but at the same time it is nice to know there is some good news in all of this.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

DEEP never works over the internet as far as I've seen...

Anyway. I'm graduating this summer, and most likely I'll be rewarded with a laptop for all these years of pain (or something like that, I dunno). Now to the question - no, wait, sorry, I'll just bring this up in the tech thread, what was I thinking. Anyway.

WHO THE HELL IS GONNA SUB MY MARIA+HOLIC NOW THAT GG IS GONE EH!? I'M IN DESPAIR!

IanDanKilmaster

Pretty much the reason I didn't type what I had in mind - that and I noticed it was edging into the nihilistic plane.  Serious Business is something I generally try to avoid, but for some reason, still find myself tripping into.

Anyway, has anyone here seen The Drinky Crow Show?  It seems many of the Americans in this forum don't really watch TV, but this show is definitely worth it - funny as holy hell.  Also, I'm sure there's one episode on the AS website, and if you don't have some sort of issue with it, there's always youtube.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Chaos Theory, watch the Top Gear North Pole Special... They'll show you that nature invented that term...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

A historical shout out to this guy. Fuckdamn you vdb, Finland was awesome back then.
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hayha.html

VonDaab

In before Vasily Zaytsev.
QuoteFinland was awesome back then
Cant stress that fact enough.

Smokey

At least Finland has some nice nature...

Added after 3 hours 17 minutes:

BTW, has anyone got some art to upload? No disrespect, but Cappies latest pic isn't exactly subtle...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Smokey

Okay, I'm having the first test for becoming a Mil-ATC (military air traffic controller) tomorrow (16-3) so if anyone wantas to wish me luck, please do... ^_^ that stuff is hard...
Luckily i know what to expect; 7 tests behind an emulated (old) radarscreen, each becoming harder and harder (you start out having to guess the heading of a plane and it's bearing to a beacon and you end up with having to lead 4 planes through a course of 10 beacons by giving them STEER commands before doing a HANDOFF, all while listening to audio commands...)

Will post results tomorrow... g'nite...
Thanks Fedora-sama

SleepyD

uho! ATC guy!

Good luck, sir. Must be tough.
Air traffic controllers have always fascinated me.  All that radio chatter engineered to be as efficient as possible....  

I'm an aerospace engineering major, but it's my computer science minor that actually led me to ATC-related projects, that being programming an ATC simulation (which I will be doing again in the next few weeks).  We had to dumb it down quite a bit for simplicity, but it'll prove to be fun (And deprive me of many many hours of sleep). :3

Smokey

Why, thanks...

And i've just returned from the tests, there were more that they didn't tell me about (of course :P) and they were HARD, really annoying...Stuff like having 2 people talk to you on a headphone at the same time and you having to filter out stuff one of them says...
But despite me thinking i was rubbish, i actually performed really well, and i passed all the tests today... On to the next, wich is an interview... ;010

And cool that you're programming such a simulator... ^_^ What are you basing it on? because i only know about the ATC sims in MS Flightsim X and since today the one our airforce uses (i won't tell about that, because i don't want to get into trouble before i even get hired... ^_^)... Anyways good luck on programming and post about it, i'll be interested about that... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

glϋck, herr smokey.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Danke, danke...

BTW i have to report at the Air Operations and Control Centre wednesday for a introduction in the field of Military Air Traffic Control...
(AOCS is the central air traffic control and centralised approach control...)

Sweet... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Anti-Air is the most important part of any good strategist's scheme! GET THOSE FLAK TOWERS UP DAMNIT