Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, voice acting's my thing, my main dream.  I've been looking to get in on some amateur work for some time, but I have no resume because I have no experience (except for acting classes and plays I've been involved in).  Anyway, it's really tough - especially if you're not near a studio (like in New York, California, and Texas).  He may not like anyone at those places, but that's where the work is.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

I am so nervous o.O It was different when it was just something I wanted to try out but now people have expectations of me and I don't want to let anyone down! But I'm not the sort of person who backs down, so if I am as good as people expect me to be then perhaps dubs won't be so bad in the near future :D jk they're gonna suck no matter what aww too bad I can't save them.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

heh yeah i hear alot of people want to be voice actors but its a very tight profesion, you really have to know someone in the buisness to get anywhere.  I have another firend that tried out for the hellsing ultimate and did a damn awesome job, but the role went to that shitty person that ended up doing the major.. such bad voice acting, but they got it because they were friendds with some of the people on the project.  oh well, its all about who you know.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, and even when you establish yourself as a talented amateur with loads of credits under your belt it can still be very difficult.  That's why I'd primarily want to stick to the amateur stuff.  There might not be many people who'd see my performance and I wouldn't be getting paid, but I'd be doing something I love and I wouldn't be getting twisted with the professional side of things.  I'm still very passionate about professional voice acting - it's just that I notice how crowded the profession is getting, and I would hate to see how that is turning out.

QuoteI have another firend that tried out for the hellsing ultimate and did a damn awesome job, but the role went to that shitty person that ended up doing the major..

Apparently the same guy was also in the original Hellsing, that probably helped him a lot too.  Often cast directors will cast actors they've worked with before.

CaptBrenden

Eh in this case i think even the other voice actors in the commentary said they offered that guy the role cus they felt kinda sorry for him, rather then giving the role to someone that did it better.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Okay, My sis just called me saying that in her car an orange light came on with a "box with a lightning in it"... I had to keep myself from laughing, because if i'm not mistaken that means the alternator stopped charging the battery... She's in another city now, and i can imagine she doesn't want to walk the ~10-15 miles home... LOL
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Hey, no sweat, put the skis on and that distance is NO MATCH FOR HER, RIGHT >w<

Voice acting, huh...
Meh. Sorry to say, but it all sounds too lacking in enthusiasm these days, mostly. ESPECIALLY. ESPECIALLY, FUCK YOU KOEI. You should seriously die for what you did to the port of Dynasty Warriors 6 you did, seriously, DIE.
Or keep the originals.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

We didn't have decent snowfall for about ten years now...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

Keh heh no matter what happens I'm gonna have fun *-*

Oh my gosh I can't stop eating oat meal!! I eat it for breakfast and dinner and lunch!! I just ate some before bed and I woke up wanting some but I've been trying to hold back but I want some sooo bad!! O__O
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Cockleshell

Too much starch is bad for you.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Aurora Borealis

Years ago I used to eat oatmeal twice a day though I suddenly stopped with that when I first tried... ramen!

Smokey

Ooh, ramen...
Well I now eat weetabix in the morning and noodle soup at night... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

Oatmeal isn't starch >_> It's fiber. Silly. I have ramen too.. but you can't put crasins in ramen. Or honey and cream and yummy things ^_^

Although cheese works better in ramen than in oatmeal. Had to try it once. Never again!
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteI have ramen too.. but you can't put crasins in ramen.

But I thought in "Stranges things you've eaten..." you said you'll try anything :P, lol.

NejinOniwa

Strange things you've eaten doesn't include BLATANT FOOD HERESY, oi. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS