Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

also, related to the osprey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wquQXfAOOw4&NR=1

Yeah, dun wanna fly in that.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Well, i always thought that the flying part isn't that hard (in a plane), the takeoff should be learned easily enough, but the landing is the real art...

And flying in a helicopter requires really, REALLY sensitive and subtle skills...

Meh, not as tough as hovering in a Harrier... (good plane by the British...)

Added after 37 seconds:

and outch...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_mA9gL09M&feature=related also, proof that the bullet proof glass used in Iraq works :p

Harriers are pretty bad ass, but they dont exactly have a super awesome service record for what was spent on developing it. I dont think the osprey will ever even pay off half what has been spent on it already

Smokey

Bullet proof glass works...period, be it in a car, building, mythbusters, anywhere...

and yes the british have built better things, like the Westland Lynx ZB500, and the Challenger 2, wich is a pretty kick-ass tank (btw does america use any rifled barrle tanks anymore or is it all fin stabilized shells nowadays?)

Added after 9 hours 6 minutes:

GAAAAAAAAARRRRRRHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Vista now oficially sucks ass!!!
It won't run DiabloII, wich i could live with, hardly...

But now it won't even INSTALL the fukken retail 1.0 version of Warzone2100!!!!

F*** you Vista, F*** you M$, You-....
*storms out shouting and cursing*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

That's what I've been trying to tell you, smokey.
All the time.

-w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

if those are the standards in which it sucks, I hardly think that linux would be better :p

NejinOniwa

On the contrary. Vista claims to be able but isn't - Linux says nothing, and is able to game about half the time anyway. ^^

CaptBrenden

thats just stupid :P Linux may be able to game half the time, but Vista will allow you to play a game more then half the time.   In this case Vista wins, failure to live up to claims be dammned. You have to be pretty stupid to hold what something claims to do against it, if what it does do still is better then the next guys

NejinOniwa

Yesh, but its cake is still a lie. Also DRM. Also RAM hog, et cetera et cetera, but we don't need to go over all this here again, do we ^-^;

TOPICLESS - CHEEEEENJI!!!

Cold season means winter activities, and aside from Vasaloppet (essentially 90km of skiing, if you don't know that already) I'm bundled up for some stuff like lots of damn ice skating, and so on. First was today and my knees hurt like hell. Seconds come tomorrow, with an even longer shift, so I'm lucky I don't have any school after that -w-;
So then, /osc/, what kind of activities get you busy in the wintersports category?

VonDaab

Cockleshell

Does faceplanting into 4 foot deep snow count?
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

QuoteSnowflake counting.
Oi, oi.
-.-

QuoteDoes faceplanting into 4 foot deep snow count?
...if you did it while skiing/snowboarding...yes.

Otherwise, you're just clumsy, damnit, oi.

Seriously, am I the only /osc/ist of the rare Sporty Nerd hybrid species, or something?

Smokey

BTW Vista doesn't claim to run the old stuff, it stopped since XP64...

Anyways, we had snow aswell today... stayed there for about 10 seconds...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteSeriously, am I the only /osc/ist of the rare Sporty Nerd hybrid species, or something?

I'm not really as sporty as I'd like to be, but I do on occasion perform in physical competitions (but I'm still no good).  On the topic of wintersports, there's not really any available in my region (no snow).

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa