Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

Err... heh, it's for myself.

The time and money I put into it doesnt really make it worth to simply give it to someone else. As I dont really know anyone who would appreciate enough a item of this type.
(If that made any sense.)

Tsubashi

Of course it makes sense. The time and effort that requires means that it would have to be someone very special. I think it is really cool that you know how to do all of that. ^v^
-Tsu

VonDaab

I hope you understand that I didn't make the whole thing from scratch.
What I did was that I took a bulk movement and gave it a slight "face lift".
See included link for "before & after" image.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee258/VDaab/oldnnew1.jpg
It still took 2 weeks to do it.

It's a pocketwatch movement, with almost 40mm of width.
And it's going to be in a wristwatch case, thus the watch itself will be even bigger, which leads to: Manly wristwatch of hugeness!

...yeah.

CaptBrenden

<_< oh yeah.. I just remembered why I hate christmas.. the only present I get is from myself :P
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

VonDaab

Presents from yourself are the best, rarely disappointing.
Of course, not having any money to get one is a problem...

I felt generous this christmas so not only did I get that watch for myself, I took and ordered myself one of those "old school" fountain ink pens. Now just got to hope it arrives before christmas.

CaptBrenden

I suppose, but If you like suprizes then not so much :P  Its more the feeling of being left out that bugs me.  Everyone else is off to parties and giving presents, and Im off to work or sitting at home.  

Its kinda similar to how I felt when I came back from deployment and I was the one of the only people that had no one waiting. Everyone else was having teary reunions, I was carrying my stuff to my new barracks room and ordering pizza.

VonDaab

I dont like getting presents from other people because then I feel like I should give someting in return, but I'm very, very bad at guessing peoples interests in things, so I dont really know what to get. Also buying presents to other people is such a hassle.

And mostly the presents I've got have been just really silly.

Being an unsocial weeaboo, I've never really been bothered about being "left out". IMO parties are silly, as they're noisy and the only goal seems to be getting drunk as possible.

NejinOniwa

I guess I can see where I'm heading now, huh. Win, Y/N?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

NejinOniwa

GREASE. GREASE. GREASE. FAT. GREASE.

CaptBrenden

NejinOniwa

SleepyD

mmm.... bacon.

Strangely, I was reminded of an okonomiyaki dinner way back in 2006 in Japan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/placidskies/Japan%20Trip/DSCN1298.jpg
Note the nice blob of mayo they gave me.

....while we're on the topic of food...
has anyone here tried poutine? /ck/ got all angry and flaming and stuff last I saw it there.  Looks nasty, but I know very well that nasty looking things can be very good....

VonDaab

Hmmm.... What's Poutine?
*Googles*

...ewwww.

SleepyD

LOL, I agree, but I can be a bit adventurous when it comes to food.
I've never tried it, but my curiosity has been piqued. Nice helping of fat though. xD;