Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Quote from: "icerain"Yeah... but to see the history you have to smash the rock.

Naaah, you can also drill for a core sample...

But that does require a special drill...

Anywho, that isn´t even necesary with most stones, since their outside was formed ages ago too, plut some of them have different layers, visible from the outside...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

QuoteRecently I found a nice chunk of rock; it's metal of some sort (iron?) and highly magnetic, but it doesn't seem either rusted or man-made. Odd.
Odd indeed! But from what I know of iron rocks, I'd say that either you've found a piece of haematite (iron ore) out in the open - which is possible, but not all that likely - Or you've found something even more interesting, a meteorite. You could probably ask a chemist or something to run tests on it, or just ask a geologist. Bella-san's found something interesting!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Yeah, highly magnetic rocks are not all that common.....

Don't get ripped off if it is something interesting...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

icerain

Wow... today I just got back from camping(one-day only>_<) It was nice  until I woke up.I was soaked and freezing.
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Smokey

I remember i went camping once...

It was ~30 - 40 celsius and we had our (polyester) dome-tents out in the full sun, turning them into little doom-tents...
I had 3 120mm fans and a table fan running almost 24/7 in there but i still woke up in a bath of sweat... Plus my PC kept nagging about high temps and my amplifier kept blowing fuses...

Next time i'm bringing along a mobile a/c unit.
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

wait.. you took a computer camping? WTF is wrong with you? XD just stay home!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

It was on Campzone...
A LAN party with ~2000 peepz and enough server power to supply the whole of Holland with internet...
It's my woodstock... :D

Plus it's not as if it'll get stolen, security was tight enough... Only thing i know happened was a guy finding that someone had painted "cheater" all over his car (for obvious reasons, but i still disagree with it)...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

QuoteOdd indeed! But from what I know of iron rocks, I'd say that either you've found a piece of haematite (iron ore) out in the open - which is possible, but not all that likely - Or you've found something even more interesting, a meteorite. You could probably ask a chemist or something to run tests on it, or just ask a geologist. Bella-san's found something interesting!

I've seen and handled meteorites before...it doesn't really seem like one; most meteorites seem either melted-looking, or have ripples or holes in them...it seems a little to rough I guess. But I'm no expert on the subject.

QuoteIt was on Campzone...
A LAN party with ~2000 peepz and enough server power to supply the whole of Holland with internet...
It's my woodstock...

Whoa...a LAN party...that's so cool in a geeky kinda way  ;010

Smokey

I like to look at Campzone as going camping with Gigabit LAN, power for your PC, home cinema set, fridge, oven, one or two live shows/concerts, a couple of movies on a 10ft screen (beamer), you odd gaming competition, and of course 6 guys building a tesla coil... ;010

Like i said, it's my woodstock... 11 days of LAN and peace... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

icerain

I loved the place where we camped...We also put on a little skit called (the)"Enlarging Machine". It was kinda weird as we didn't practice for it.
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Smokey

Sweet...
Skits and acts are cool... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

CAMPING: YOUR DOIN IT WRONG!

Unless the cheater in question was camping.. near the rocket launcher or spawn points :P

Smokey

LOL, camping near spawnpoints is evil...
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

anyhow, real camping is putting away your toys for a weekend, living with gas lanterns, no power, eating food cooked over a roaring fire pit with the only sound around being the gental breese blowing through the trees.  What you discribed isnt even camping.  Its a LIE.  its an insult to camping!

Smokey

Yeah, well, there's that too, real camping, but i go abroad for that...
Campzone is in holland, and that's the only thing resembling camping i'll do in this country...
Thanks Fedora-sama