Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummster

You wouldn't really think that we're stupid enough to rebel against the banhammer?

CaptBrenden

thats like rebelling against an oncoming semi...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Gummster

Indeed.

But I will be away for a week or two (uncertain) for my final summer holiday.
I'm going to my 'summer villa' if so to speak, which is almost completely isolated from the rest of the world. That means no internet, not even a telephone.
So it'll just be me my violin, and possibly my Xbox 360.

But anyways see ya' in a week or two.

Tsubashi

Gomen nasai, I must apologize in advance, but I just have to brag about this! I am posting from an iPhone, at the moment! ^o^
Heeheehee!
Unfortunatly, it's not mine though. Just a friend who is going camping for a week said I could try it out ^____^

Quotethats like rebelling against an oncoming semi...

Or a few thousand, since if, bysome chance, you managed to survive the first, they wouldn't stop coming ^^'

Have fun at your summer villa, Gummster-san! You are lucky to have such a place! I'm stuck at home doing schoolwork already -.-
-Tsu

SleepyD

@tsu:
yeah... schoolwork sucks. XP
I'll be doing that for one more week, then I get about a month break, and the regular school year starts... once again.

I really really do NOT want to take summer school anymore.  

In keeping with the topicless-ness...
This new widescreen monitor of mine is.... well, wide.  *stares at it*

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Gummster"You wouldn't really think that we're stupid enough to rebel against the banhammer?
mmm...
no. Brave, fearless and courageous.
Maybe it's not a good idea but...
Quote from: "Darknight_88"
GOOD IDEAS ARE OVERRATED!!
:D

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"thats like rebelling against an oncoming semi...
no, it's more like a fight between a gundam vs an EVA...
...Which coincidentally, was the beginning of all this...>_>

xD

back on topic...
said summer school its obligatory or optional? (I'm guessing the later)
This new widescreen monitor of mine is.... well, wide. *stares at it*
Have fun cropping your existing 1600x1200 wallpapers into widescreen ratio. I already have to do it. Most of my wallpapers are 1600x1200 ;_;
*stares @ his cropped Vis-tan wallpaper* ;_;

SleepyD

said summer school its obligatory or optional? (I'm guessing the later)
said summer school is optional. :3

just trying to keep my schedule manageable in my remaining 3 years of college. haha...

This new widescreen monitor of mine is.... well, wide. *stares at it*
Have fun cropping your existing 1600x1200 wallpapers into widescreen ratio. I already have to do it. Most of my wallpapers are 1600x1200 ;_;
*stares @ his cropped Vis-tan wallpaper* ;_;[/quote]
1680x1050...
I already started gathering widescreens when I got my laptop...
but yeah, I've already started cropping. ^^;
4chan is actually pretty good for getting widescreen walls... there's usually a thread in /w/ with a bunch of those.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "SleepyD"
said summer school is optional. :3

just trying to keep my schedule manageable in my remaining 3 years of college. haha...
I guessed, works the same here. And yeah, I have heard that it's useful, but tiring =/

QuoteI already started gathering widescreens when I got my laptop...
but yeah, I've already started cropping. ^^;
4chan is actually pretty good for getting widescreen walls... there's usually a thread in /w/ with a bunch of those.
another new laptop user?!
'sup
ah, /w/...my gate to 4chan back in 2005...
been a while since the last time I visited it. But even then, there are some awesome wallpapers that don't come in widescreen version .-.

SleepyD

I guessed, works the same here. And yeah, I have heard that it's useful, but tiring =/
Majoring in Aerospace Engineering and minoring in computer science I think requires taking at least one class in summer in order to keep my sanity in future years. ^^;

another new laptop user?!
'sup
ah, /w/...my gate to 4chan back in 2005...
been a while since the last time I visited it. But even then, there are some awesome wallpapers that don't come in widescreen version .-.
how very very true ;__;
I have really nice 4:3 walls....

zjhentohlauedy

Ooo. aerospace thingy...

I never took summer classes and I never will. my last summer vacation will be next year and i don't plan to use it wisely.... Ccurses!!!

I never tried Cropping or getting wallies even though we gots 2 1680X1050 LCDs. I just usually stretch my old wallies. yeah i know i'm a lazy ass.

no, it's more like a fight between a gundam vs an EVA...
...Which coincidentally, was the beginning of all this...>_>

so which is the eva and which is the gundam? hehe
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

Eva is the ban hammer, gundam is the darknight it crushed.

NewYinzer

Quote*has another omnipotent animator, which erases the captain, his animator and redraws me. After that, I destroy every animator in the earth, along erasers and every instrument that can be used to draw*

But then, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack. The cartoon peril was no more...

*runs for shelter before getting hit by ban hammer*

Thurosis

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"well, on the other hand, In a fight, a gundam couldnt even harm a eva.  normal weapons like they have are useless.  With out an AT feild of its own, it would be torn apart like so much tissue.

On top of that, gundams are generic.  They are just more faceless robots with nothing to really make them stand out. Other then the mecha samurai look they give them, they dont seem really any different then mecha from just about any other anime, they just became one of the most popular.  

The eva, now thats unique... I biomechanical mecha that contains a human soul, and was created with the soul purpose of defeating gods holy messangers the angels and keeping mans claim to earth and their very existance.  

Their "flaws" are what make them interesting.. Invincable robots with guns sticking out of every plausable surface (and sometimes not plauseable) like the gundams... thats like taking a machinegun and full body armor into a fight with 40 unarmed guys.. yeah numbers are in thier favor but cripes..

Now each battle with the evas, now that was something.   A time limit, each battle they had to conqure a new type of foe stronger then the last.. each time having to function within their limitations pushing themselves to the limit to win, now those were battles worth watching.  

Even their designs are more unique.  The silloette of an eva is like no other. It dosnt blend seamlessly into the giant mecha genera.. it stands apart from them.  

Evas are simply better then gundams.

but since we are talking eva vs gundam.. i feel this is relevant:

hmmmm... yeahhh i almost forgot that the Eva have an AT-Field ...

but i still don't think that 3 (or 2) Evas could defeat a whole army of gundams (even if those beam-weapons and etc. don't work)

They don't have the time to defeat 200 Gundams within 6 mins...
thats the weak point of an Eva and those amok/berserk mode doesn't  happen everytime (like in NGE ep1, ep. 19/20)

And like in the movie Asuka died because the battery went low/ to zero...

Gundams don't have this problem (not every types but some types)  

besides...
I'm not saying that NGE is a bad anime! NGE IS ONE OF THE BEST (BETTER THAN GUNDAM in my opinion).
I'm only saying that gundams are more efficiently than Evas.

P.S COOL Picture that you post XD !!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

CaptBrenden

QuoteBut then, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack. The cartoon peril was no more...

*runs for shelter before getting hit by ban hammer*

random holy grail references never rate  banhammering.

Quotehmmmm... yeahhh i almost forgot that the Eva have an AT-Field ...

but i still don't think that 3 (or 2) Evas could defeat a whole army of gundams (even if those beam-weapons and etc. don't work)

They don't have the time to defeat 200 Gundams within 6 mins...
thats the weak point of an Eva and those amok/berserk mode doesn't happen everytime (like in NGE ep1, ep. 19/20)

And like in the movie Asuka died because the battery went low/ to zero...

Gundams don't have this problem (not every types but some types)

besides...
I'm not saying that NGE is a bad anime! NGE IS ONE OF THE BEST (BETTER THAN GUNDAM in my opinion).
I'm only saying that gundams are more efficiently than Evas.

yeah.. exept, in all the shows i seen, there have never been more then.. what.. a dozen gundams at one time?  So not 200 strong army for you. sure you could pad it with zakus but since gundams can kill them wholesale, just imagin what an eva would do to them

Plus, like I said, time is no longer a factor when you include the S2 engine.  Just sick the horribly damaged yet still functioning eva series on them,.  and maybe asuka.. on pms.

zjhentohlauedy

just watch the last few episode of G Gundam and you'll see more than a dozen.
My my, aren't you lovely~