Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

But luckily I didn't fall asleep! And I pull an all-nighter only if I just cannot fall asleep at all. The first time that happened was because I had a really annoying song (I don't remember what it was though) stuck in my head when I was trying to sleep :(

NejinOniwa

Hahaha...I remember that time in 9th grade after our last show when i slept until noon just out of sheer tiredness...

It's not that funny when I do it regular thursdays, though. -.-

Oddly enough, when i don't get any sleep at all, rather than getting sleepy, I get drunk. Or something. Pretty colors -w-
But when you mix that with alcohol...yabaissu! That's just overkill...
*rant*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

well i had my share of all nighters. every time a pulled one off, i'd be fully awake the next day. i don't know why though, i don't drink much caffeine or even  energy drinks.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Aurora Borealis

You're lucky! I wish I was able to do that!

CaptBrenden

the trick is to just stay up. after you reach a cirtain point... the tiredness goes away.  Infact, you kinda become.. hyper.  in a sorta mad sorta way
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"RAR! GJ COMBO FINISH TUX-KUN!

...btw...hurd is what? ^_^ *Tsukasa obliviousness*
yoghurto desu ka? ~.~

The HURD is an operating system. I designed HURD-tan a while ago.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

SleepyD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"the trick is to just stay up. after you reach a cirtain point... the tiredness goes away.  Infact, you kinda become.. hyper.  in a sorta mad sorta way
What he says is true. ^^ While I actually have never pulled a true all-nighter (I've slept at least 1 hour before school), you do feel hyper. I've been known to act a bit... crazy around friends if I run on less than 4 hours of sleep.

I can still function off of a few hours of sleep, but I won't be able to maintain concentration on something involving crazy calculus and stuffs.

I just collapse late afternoon, tho. ^^;

CaptBrenden

you crash hard. I sayed up for 48 hours for a training op once, but then I slept for 23 hours.  you wouldnt think it possible, but it. is.  I layed down, my head hit the pillow, and after what i thought was like a few minutes of sleep I snapped my eyes open, looked at my watch and I had thought it had stopped because it was an hour BEFORE i had gone to sleep.. then i relized.. I had just slept through and entire day

NejinOniwa

Hahahaa.....that's sure creepy ^^
It's never happened to me though, despite me several times sleeping nothing over periods of many days. I rather have a passive recovery mode, when appearance tends to look very sleeping while I'm actually not...so I can still listen to my teachers in school ^-^
But training does the thing a bit more heavy, i know - I realized that when i was skiing in norway a time ago.

zjhentohlauedy

23 hours! thats hard. i've only gone up to 16 hours

Silentbob

Can't recall exactly myself, I think my longest record is 14 or 15 hours.

NejinOniwa

I never sleep much anyway...my record is like, 12-13 or something hours...

Gummster

You don't sleep much!? That's bad for your health you know! I normally sleep 10-12 hours
(Side not sorry I haven't been able to post much these days, but I have to do all of my work for the next two weeks so I'll be able to go to Sweden. Plus I always have to practice!)

But on the bright side of things, it was my birthday TWO days ago, so I am now officially 25 years old. I held a small party, well more of a gathering of friends, where I got my presents o.O only got three though.
A new rosin from my dearest friend and former violin teacher, high quality rosin at that one. And from all of my friends and co-workers a brand new TV!! And I like that one.
And last but not least, from I family I got plain tickets, you wanna now where I going I'll show you picture

That's right! I'm going to see the world, starting next Christmas!
Plus I bought a ticket for the Vienna Christmas concert, so it'll be a blast!

CaptBrenden

yeah.. its alot esier to enter deep hybernation mode when youve been doing combat training to include a 28 mile hike with about 150 pounds of gear.

zjhentohlauedy

late happy birthday Gummster-san!!!
sorry for the late greeting, i'm kind of slow in these things
:birthday:  ;214  ;220

so it isn't just sleep anymore, its HIBERNATION! guess i would never be able to hibernate.