Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummster

I have never really seen a science tournament, much less competed in one. Alas such sacrifices are needed when ya' go into art schools.

NejinOniwa

Art school, wussy. I've got a regular scientific education PLUS a big heap of musical orientation and concerts/choir performances, and my spring show's coming up soon...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

Wussy? That's quite rude if you will, there are actually quite a lot of tough people in art schools thank you very much.

Pitkin

No education is more or less wussy than other in my opinion.

NejinOniwa-san, try to refrain from such rude comments (jokes or not) in the future, this is not the first time.

Science tournament... there was one during my time in high school, but I didn't want to participate; not a chance I would've won anyway. ^^;;

Tsubashi

Seconded. I have a few friends who are art majors, and personally I don't think I could ever be smart enough to understand half of what they know.

Don't be so negative, Pitkin-sama! I'm sure you would have done great! Or at least better than I did. I participated in four, but never won.
Looking back, they were really stupid projects ^^'
-Tsu

zjhentohlauedy

Art? Science? Computer? and here i am in Business....

Anyway, i had some experience in science competition, even math competition during my elementary and high school years, never won though, close but not close enough! ;026
My my, aren't you lovely~

Gummster

Close as in second and third place? Or close as in fifth or sixth place?

zjhentohlauedy

well in the smaller competitions i got as close as first runner up or second placer but in the bigger competitions i get eliminated earlier on. same goes for group competitions

Kami-Tux

I only reached the state level or second round in the (computer) science competitions, I participated in.

Well, I dislike the more unexact sciences which deal with interpreting works of art. But meh. Everyone to their own.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Gummster

Well, interpreting art isn't science it's more of an erm... I don't know how to say it. But it's really hard, harder then you'd think.

NejinOniwa

Gomenasai minasan~ *insert humble bow of apology here*

Anyways.
As you say, gumssu, art is a lot more personal than scientific studies, and also relies very much on born talent. It's not for nothing that a normal class of art students have like, 4 teachers in the same subject at the same time...

Nidas

SleepyD

Quote from: "Nidas"

>: /

aha, I don't know whether I should be amused at your plight or not. lol

I'd show you a pic of a nekkid nanoha to see how you would react, but would go against my principles. XD;;

zjhentohlauedy

mahou shoujo neko X hehehehehe

NejinOniwa