Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Thank you, zjhentohlauedy-san.  ^___^

BTW, do consider bumping Haruhi up on your anime queue.  It's well worth it....  -v-

Laevatein

Well, [aired > chronological] episode order as follows:

1 > 11
2 > 1
3 > 2
4 > 7
5 > 3
6 > 9
7 > 8
8 > 10
9 > 14
10 > 4
11 > 13
12 > 12 (yes, the only episode in order chronologically and aired)
13 > 5
14 > 6

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

NewYinzer

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is like a lot of anime shows - some like it, some don't. Most think it's really good, other think it's really bad. I like it, but it's not like I try to convert others to Haruhiism. BTW, Laevatein, it seems like you change your avatar every day. Today it seems oddly familiar...

Nidas

Quote from: "Xyanide"I'm not too sure actually since my top 10 (in random order)

Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell (movies and series)
FLCL
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
Bleach
Gunslinger Girl
School Rumble

that's just 9...so there's still room for haruhi XD

hmm off the top of my head (doubtless forgetting some) my top 10 would be:

EPIC quality:

Akira
Cardcaptor Sakura
Dokuro-chan
Gunslinger Girl
Haibane Renmei
Koi Kaze
Rozen Maiden

also highly recommended:

Ergo Proxy
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Mahoromatic

Quote from: "Laevatein"... Now nobody told me the Catch 22 was out of order...

yeah it works pretty well imo. Had to study it back when I did English literature at college (UK college is 16-18, dunno what that is in the US), and its the only book that was part of my education that I've reread voluntarily. I highly recommend it :D

Quote from: "Laevatein"*has been trying to find the damn book for a time now*

lol pretty much every bookshop should stock it :p Looks like this torrent includes it if you want it in ebook format.

Quote from: "NewYinzer"Most think it's really good

I think "most" is stretching it a bit :p A lot of people seem to be put off by the retarded ep ordering. I think a lot of people who don't like it would like it more if they watched it chronologically.

Anyway, in other news, just downloaded a whole load of Kotoko music. It wins :D

Xyanide

actually replace full metal panic with eureka seven...i almost forgot i watched that lol XD

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan was great yeah, but not in my top10

Haibane Renmei really wasn't my thing, I watched 8 episodes to see what the fuss was about but...no didn't like it and i'm still planning to watch Rozen Maiden.

The Mahoromatic manga was so much better though i'm still searching for the rest of it, but i liked it a lot yeah after reading just 4 volumes, but I was so disappointed at the story in the anime :(

Laevatein

Quote from: "NewYinzer"BTW, Laevatein, it seems like you change your avatar every day. Today it seems oddly familiar...

Here I go again ^^; It's automatic actually, I use an image rotator site. Simply load your pics into the site, and it'll rotate pics through a gallery for you every time the page refreshes (my sig also goes through rotation, though with far less pics than my avas)  ;001

Quote from: "Nidas"lol pretty much every bookshop should stock it  Looks like this torrent includes it if you want it in ebook format.

Apparently, not here  ;018 Thanks for the link though, I'll finally get to read this much sought after book  ;012

C-Chan

Ahhh, I was wondering why you always looked different in every post.  ^^'

Up until now, only Fedora-dono had a rotating signature.  -v-

Laevatein

Well, I wanted my sig and ava to match my personality... which unfortunately is made out of a lot of ADD XD

C-Chan

*looks at own signature*

HAHA!!  Amen to that,...! ^__^;

Exa

Quote from: "Nidas"
hmm off the top of my head (doubtless forgetting some) my top 10 would be:

EPIC quality:

Akira
Cardcaptor Sakura
Dokuro-chan
Gunslinger Girl
Haibane Renmei
Koi Kaze
Rozen Maiden

also highly recommended:

Ergo Proxy
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Mahoromatic

Hm... unfortunately, I don't see most of them, but please, explain me one things: why Cardcaptor Sakura is so great? I tried to watch it once, but... the whole situation can't touch me. Recollect cards? What kinda story is that? o_o

CaptBrenden

a pokemon type story thats what :P  gotta get em all kinda thing.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Exa

:S So that's why I don't like it - getting things-like stories are not my favorites

Nidas

Quote from: "Exa"why Cardcaptor Sakura is so great? I tried to watch it once, but... the whole situation can't touch me. Recollect cards? What kinda story is that? o_o

yknow, I'm not entirely sure actually :p I'm not usually a fan of the "collect them all / become greatest [insert title here]" plots. On the other hand those kinds of plots are normally shounen not shoujo so perhaps that does explain it slightly. I think its mostly the characters and sub plots that appeal to me most, the main plot is more or less something to give the series an overall structure for me rather than the main reason to watch. And I'm rambling a bit here >_>

Well anyway, its the only series I've been able to stomach for more than 30 eps, so it must be doing something right, even if it is hard to tell exactly what XD

Ultimaninja

Great news...not...

my laptop will be repaired...
never...
yeah, mom and dad gave me the great news.

So then, what happens with me talking to you guys?
well, I get mom's laptop (better then mine) and she gets a brand spankin' new laptop. All of this is if my dad gets a promotion/stays in the military.

I don't remember which, but I do know that it is all based on chance.

so then...yeah, there might be a chance I am not on as much anymore, and you guys might not ever get the rest of the os-tan pics I still have...

but I hope it doesn't come to that >.>

Tsubashi

Let's hope things turn out for the better! It'd be sad if you left!
-Tsu