Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exa

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
Either you have no idea of what the word Haruhiist means, or you are one yourself.

Hm, I dunno... I liked the series, but the whole Haruhiism is a bit too much for me. She is the Goddess... meh. I'm not a Haruhiist, I think.

rdhdtwns

Yeah, honestly I can't stand Haruhi herself. Watched it, tried to like it, sat through all of it. Didn't realize the last ep was the last ep, and felt seriously cheated. I don't see the big hype, really. I don't think it sucks, but it's not a personal favourite.
So cute it\'s deadly!

Laevatein

LOL What do you mean the last ep isn't the last ep? It ISNT (unless you're talking about chronological order, then you're confusing me ^^;;; )

While Haruhi really isn't anything too special... then again, it's actually DIFFERENT from most anything released in recent memory, and besides lots of memes and cool things abound XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Exa

It's strange that the episode order is not the same as the chronological order, but well , I can stand it :) I'm more fed up with the Haruhi >> everything hype. Not bad series, but it's not in my top 10...

Aurora Borealis

Call me insane but I don't like Haruhi. Thought it was freakin' overhyped, and maybe because I just don't get it or what makes it so popular -__-

Exa

I don't call you insane. There really is some overhype, especially in 4chan. By the way, I like your ava you use since 20 posts... :)

Laevatein

You do have the option of rewatching it in the correct chronological order... it was the second watching in that order that made me appreciate Haruhi a lot more XD

Aurora Borealis

I heard about Haruhi not being watched in chronological order- what's up that? 0__o

Nidas

Quote from: "Laevatein"You do have the option of rewatching it in the correct chronological order... it was the second watching in that order that made me appreciate Haruhi a lot more XD

The first time I tried to watch Haruhi I hated it because of the out-of-order eps. It seemed like it was trying too hard to make you go "wtf?" to me. I enjoyed it a lot more when I revisited it chronologically, but I still think its overrated =/ I'll stick with Rozen Maiden and CCS thanks ;P

Laevatein

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I heard about Haruhi not being watched in chronological order- what's up that? 0__o

Well, when it was aired the episodes are actually out of order... which is a homage to the novels on which is was based, which is also out of order. To truly get the story as a coherent timeline, you'll have to watch the series again in CORRECT chronological order (at each episode preview, Haruhi yells the correct order of the upcoming episode, while Kyon "corrects" her with the out-of-order aired episodes).

So while the aired order is more "exciting" per se and ends better, the correct order makes more sense. And rewatching it really gets you to notice some details you wouldn't otherwise get the first time XD

Xyanide

Yeah rewatching it definetly clears things up and makes you notice a lot more.

Nidas

Quote from: "Laevatein"
Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I heard about Haruhi not being watched in chronological order- what's up that? 0__o

Well, when it was aired the episodes are actually out of order... which is a homage to the novels on which is was based, which is also out of order.

Having read Catch 22, which does something very similar, I can see how this would work far better in the novels than the anime actually

Xyanide

I'm not too sure actually since my top 10 (in random order)

Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell (movies and series)
FLCL
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
Bleach
Gunslinger Girl
School Rumble

that's just 9...so there's still room for haruhi XD

Laevatein

... Now nobody told me the Catch 22 was out of order...

*has been trying to find the damn book for a time now*

zjhentohlauedy

i haven't really watched haruhi so i don't really know much. I planned on watching it before, again and again but i never did start maybe i'll start in a few months. in the meantime I'm seeing this chronological thing so can anyone tell me the right chronological order of the eps?

BTW. HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!
anyone else who is a pig here?
(except for C-chan)
My my, aren't you lovely~