Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

Quote from: "Thurosis"Captain Brenden it looks like we have the same favs chars!

I like Suigintou and Chachamaru too ^^!

btw what is so scary about the Battleship-girl?

what does MOE and loli mean? pleae Help me (i need more input ^^)

There's something about a girl with a mass of metal that scares me.  I mean, some of them look like they can barely move with that on...

Right, loli is basically a very cute, normally pre-pubescent character.  Although, some older females try to acquire this look.  (And I'm talking about real life. Really, some Japanese women have some really childlike voices)
Lolicon is where you have a sexual attraction to such girls. Hence the NSFW images. ^^

As for moe... well, I'm really not sure. Here's a wiki article. XD;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_%28slang%29

speaking of which, I think I found the Jack Thompson of Japan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_moe_zoku
...Oh hey, look, they link to Jack Thompson at the bottom. XD

Thurosis

thanks for the explainations!

Hmmm...

after those explaination (inputs ^_^)

i m the type who likes the moe type more than loli hehehe...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Exa

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I usually don't have the attention span to post a lot on forums either. I've been to quite a few, and I remember the first forum I joined, I only made about 30 posts, the second 35 posts, the third ~150 posts the fourth ~6 posts (it was way too slow on my computer so I gave up quickly) and this one over 500 posts! (However I didn't start posting until about 9 months after I joined ^^; )

About postcounts... I'm on currently four forums - this the place where I post the most, there is one with 146, one with 85, and one with ~50, but I stopped posting to the last...

CaptBrenden

due to the forum games post count means nothing -_- a word count now that might mean something
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Megaman Z

actually, I think word counts mean as much as post counts.

it's always possibly for someone to end up rambling on and on about why their math teacher is a pain in the rear or something, which has the sole effect of annoying the hell out of some people, which in turn results in the possiblity of a flame war starting up, which results in the moderators getting pissed off at people, which can have the result of getting the admin(s) pissed off, which can result in a ban, which would result in that person going over to another forum and rambling on and on about why their math teacher is a pain in the rear or something, which has the sole effect of annoying the hell out of some people, which in turn results in the possiblity of a flame war starting up, which results in the moderators getting pissed off at people, which can have the result of getting the admin(s) pissed off, which can result in a ban, which would result in that person going over to another forum and rambling on and on about why their math teacher is a pain in the rear or something, which has the sole effect of annoying the hell out of some people, which in turn results in the possiblity of a flame war starting up, which results in the moderators getting pissed off at people, which can have the result of getting the admin(s) pissed off, which can result in a ban, which would result in that person going over to another forum and rambling on and on about why their math teacher is a pain in the rear or something, which has the sole effect of annoying the hell out of some people, which in turn results in the possiblity of a flame war starting up, which results in the moderators getting pissed off at people, which can have the result of getting the admin(s) pissed off, which can result in a ban, which would result in that person going over to another forum and rambling on and on about why their math teacher is a pain in the rear or something, which has the sole effect of annoying the hell out of some people, which in turn results in the possiblity of a flame war starting up, which results in the moderators getting pissed off at people, which can have the result of getting the admin(s) pissed off, which can result in a ban, which would result in that person going over to another forum and... well, you get the idea by now.

(the above is also part of the reason that I prefer to use size=0 when I post long explanations, but since a mod said "NO!", I didn't in this case.)

CaptBrenden

-_- we havent had a single flame war or ban here in the entire time ive been on this board.  Seriosly, we just seem to attract okay people. or maybe we are just more tolerent about it.  The few times weve had anything close to an argument it subsides quickly.  Normaly comes from one rude comment where dom eone didnt think about things first. Ive just needed to caution them and things go back to buisness as usual... tho its more common these days as the forum grows....

Anyhow, thats why I feel I make a good mod, my awnser to things is not an imediate ban.  Disarming the situation rather then throwing oil on it

anyhow...  I feel word count is more important then someone that sits in forum games all day doing hundereds of one word posts

Aurora Borealis

Yeah. This is a well-behaved forum! :D

And you, CaptBrenden outposted C-Chan and now have the highest postcount! I never thought anyone could catch up to him, once having a 300+ post lead!

CaptBrenden

thank you thank you *takes a bow* I couldnt have done it without your support, and the forum games :D

Laevatein

Talk about wall of text there Magaman Z ^^;; But those are good points raised.

It's not just word count though, what's actually posted counts more than how much you've posted. You may not have much in the way of posts, and you may not say much in your posts, but if your post is meaningful then it's much better than if you spammed your way through word games or walls of text.

And ever since I've lurked here I've yet to see a flame war break out, unlike in many other forums I've been to. A testament to the mods here *cheers* ^^

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Triple8

Laevatain... the fiery sword used in Castlevania.

CaptBrenden

or mod and 2 admins -_- we are rather understaffed.. it would be a problem to try and keep up if there were problems

Laevatein

So far though, there hasn't been any, and would be good if it would stay that way. And besides, self-restraint is better than an army of mods and admins could ever be.

@Megaman Z: Actually, I've never played Castlevania ^^;;

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Triple8

Quote from: "Laevatein"army of mods and admins could ever be.

ZOMGZ oppressive!

CaptBrenden

Triple8

Oh noes!!! We are being the oppressed!