Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I can definitely relate to that :\

Cockleshell

stay off of tumblr for a few days it s a fucking shit storm

in other news,

Spoiler: ShowHide
 my father is fucking BRIGHT ENOUGH TO FUCKING SCHEDULE A CLEANING ELEVEN DAYS AFTER MY WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION. I AM GOING TO HAVE HARSH CHEMICALS APPLIED TO MY WOULD SITES AND ALL OTHER COLLATERAL AREAS AND I WILL SWELL UP AND POSSIBLY GET AN INFECTION AS A RESULT. I HAVE FUCKING FOUGHT WITH HIM FOR TWO DAYS TO FUCKING CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT BUT HE HAS DONE NOTHING BUT IGNORE MY PLEAS. I'M FIVE THOUSAND PERCENT DONE WITH THIS MAN RIGHT NOW. IT'S ALWAYS HIS WAY OR THE FUCKING TOWN BURNS DOWN. I'M MAD. I DON'T WANT FLESH SCARRING. I DON'T WANT MY FACE TO SWELL AGAIN. I DON'T WANT THE PAIN. I DON'T WANT TO PUKE FROM THE VICODIN I HAVE LEFT. I FUCKING CANT DO IT
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

@Cockle: What's happening on Tumblr? Is this related to the 4chan raid? :\
Also, I hope something works out :[

Bella

Tell him to fuck off? You're an adult, he can't force you to receive medical care w/o your consent.

At the very least, explain to your dentist that you just had your wisdom teeth out and are still in a lot of pain and don't want a cleaning. I can't imagine any dentist worth their salt would perform a cleaning on somebody who's just been through surgery. And once again: medical professionals can't perform a procedure on somebody who doesn't consent. So don't.

Odin Yggdrasil

Riots and looting in St Louis. People protesting where the police shot somebody there turned violent.

I can't help but wonder, did Robin Williams know something the rest of us didn't?

Cockleshell

hopefully my dentist possesses a fleeting shard of intellect unlike my father
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

sks963

The thunder rain has fallen for five days :-\
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Chocofreak13

jeez, i didn't even realize china HAD a rainy season. :\

@cockle: what bella said. your dentist could potentially open him/herself to lawsuit by performing a cleaning this soon after oral surgery. a month out is one thing, but less than 2 weeks is definitely another. if i could put myself in your dad's shoes, maybe he wanted to get everything done with your doctor/dentist here before you left for college? misguided, dumb, but possible. :\

@odin: is the st. louis incident why tumblr's up in arms?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

My boss sucks. Story at 11

In other news, I'm off tomorrow; can has relax ^^

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 12, 2014, 10:09:57 AM
@odin: is the st. louis incident why tumblr's up in arms?

Possibly. As it stands I've seen several posts on tumblr criticizing the media's coverage of Robin Williams' suicide vs. other major news items (most notably the death of Michael Brown and subsequent riots and looting).

That said, I really hope the news of his death DOESN'T eclipse other stories. Especially the attempted-genocide of ethnic & religious minorities going on in parts of Iraq right now. I'm still not sure how to feel about the Michael Brown case, on one hand he was unarmed when the police killed him, on the other there are reports that he attempted to snatch one of their firearms. It's certainly a tragedy whenever somebody dies needlessly but I'm going to wait and see what evidence turns up before I make any judgements.

Cockleshell

yes, that's why my father is jamming all my oral consults into august, because i leave on the 27-28th. they went ahead and cleaned me, fucking filled a cavity i didnt know about (still cant feel my face) and had NO clue i had my wisdom teeth out until i told them. i could see the fear on the dentist's face and the assistant.

i'm not swelling yet, so that's a plus

Chocofreak13

yet. keep some ice on standby.

@bella: combine that with the situations in the Gaza strip and Crimea/Ukraine/Russia right now and you can understand why i don't want to live on this planet anymore. read a copy of time today (aug. 4 edition?) and as stimulating and enriching as that magazine is (i love reading it and could i afford it i'd buy a subscription) afterward i felt sorta like my soul had been sucked out, quite literally. just felt so tired and sick of existing, again. >>

on the upside, got a decadent-as-fuck brownie, a mocha thingy from mcdee's and we stopped at a farmstand on the way home and bought some local vegetables/fruit. (2/3 of the things we bought were grown on-site and the third was grown about 2 towns over.)

not knowing what else to do, i'ma throw myself into finishing the library list. also need to confirm i can actually GET the winning series.

PS: 4chan sucks
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Off work now, and off until Thursday. Can finally relax. So, much relax wow

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Holy apocalyptic thunderstorm, batman.

The cable and Internet is down but it could be worse, we could have lost power.