Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panithan

As Captain said in the Random movie/flash clip thread.
http://ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?t=313&start=21

Captain's group came to help the Thai peoples and nereby countries whose their home were destroyed, and their families are lost by the Tsunami. He was in the real situation where people are suffering, need the help. And I, as Thai people, I've seen those video and the suffering peoples many times on TV. So, I understand those feelings.- -

Summary: The real experience Captain got, and the numbers of time I see it, made us think Tsunami's more horrendrous than Katrina.

CaptBrenden

there is suffering in both places.. that is for sure.  but for the human deathtoll... I do belive the tsunami did far more.. but was forgotten quicker.  I think both groups still need assistance.  I would have liked to have done more.. I put blood and sweat into helping the tsunami victims as well my hard earned money, an then we were asked to leave by paranoid goverments that belived that it was a farce to let us invade their countries. it just goes to show the ignorance of the worlds opinon of America.  Sirlanka inpreticular because its goverment was highly infuenced by terrorist cells functioning in that area feared we would use it as a staging grounds to launch an assault on them

the resounding word was, we want your money and food, we dont want you.  Perhaps thats why we pulled out and forgot about it.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Ultimaninja

Elfen Lied = Already have the anime like it to(Haven't watched it though), but thanks for the link. Never thought to wikipedia it.

Katrina + other nation and international problems =
Uninteresting to me as we have so much media bulking up lies about it for the emotional viewers. So I really have no idea how much is real and fake. And also the people were warned to leave, but chose to stay for their plasma screens. I feel no sympathy towards them.

Story: Just got a dose of x10 awsomeness in the form of an idea

zjhentohlauedy

;015  wow, i guess smaller countries are getting more and more paranoid of the dominating giants.. :(
well i'm just a nobody. so all i can do is pray for people like you and the people you help, capt.
My my, aren't you lovely~

C-Chan

If that's what gets you through the day, more power to you.  ^^'

At least the Resident Ninja makes a great point about the media bulking up lies for emotional viewers.  That is true for just about anything, so it really comes done to whether you're willing to sacrifice money and lives to believe their lies about people suffering (American or foreign), or lies about belligerent countries.  

If you constantly support the latter more than the former, then of course not just governments, but many average people are gonna get paranoid over you.  Heck, it's scary enough that you think everyone in the gulf coast had plasma tvs, given the majority of the victims were too poor to afford skipping work for a day.

I guess I'll leave it at that, but will just say this in parting: don't wreck your country in pursuit of trying to look like a big shot.  You may not own it anymore, but as long as you still live on it, you're obliged to at least take care of it.

Ultimaninja

Update ?? of ??

Another page added to my story

Uthantion's background is more dark and twisted.

Helvox's personality towards races other then dragons will be less then what I orriginally had it to start with.

Death of gods will be more drawn out with much bloodshed and missing limbs.

Distracting me with anime will work to hinder my progress.

Holy beejebuzz...
I just realized I had alot of anime girl-robot stuff that might fall into the other catagory on OS-tan gallery...

CAKE!!!!
*Grabs a muffin-loaded shotgun*

Exa

Mentioning anime robot girls: what is the situation with all those robotic maids? Why they are so popular?

zjhentohlauedy

japanese obsession with maids and robots combined? ;026

Exa

Interesting... I know they like robots, maybe maids, too, but the two combined... o_o

Nidas

Quote from: "Exa"Interesting... I know they like robots, maybe maids, too, but the two combined... o_o

WHAT. Mahoromatic, nuff said ;P

CaptBrenden

If he hasnt seen it.. de drag him out back and slap him around a bit with a rather large trout
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

zjhentohlauedy

You can do it! beat him up with a trout! :/

NewYinzer

Yes! Slap him on the face with a trout!

*recovers from obscure Monty Python reference*

It's okay, man. We're here to help with your lack of all this obscure anime knowledge. Even I do not know all. Mahoromatic, you'd like it if you like:
- Violence
- Small Boobies
- Aliens and secret organizations
- Robots
- Ecchi (quite possibly the most fanservice I've ever seen)

Exa

Quote from: NewYinzerYes! Slap him on the face with a trout!

*recovers from obscure Monty Python reference*

It's okay, man. We're here to help with your lack of all this obscure anime knowledge. Even I do not know all. Mahoromatic, you'd like it if you like:
- Violence
- Small Boobies
- Robots

Now you mentioned that Mahoromatic (sounds strange... :) ), I remember I saw one ep from it (maybe ep 2). From this description, it's a kind of really mixed bag,perhaps I bring myself to watch it... after watching 5-6 other series which I already got and I'm waiting for one more...

zjhentohlauedy

You should watch it and finish it.
and then watch the second season for more:

Quote from: NewYinzerYes! Slap him on the face with a trout!
- Violence
- Small Boobies
- Robots

^_^