Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Precious metal-tans?  I suppose I can agree with that.  ^.^

And for ninja's laptop is still broken, poor Ninja.  -v-

NewYinzer

Maybe he should try kicking it. As for precious metal-tans, I don't quite know how that would work. But be sure to get a uranium-tan for me!

Nidas

Quote from: "C-Chan"Precious metal-tans?  I suppose I can agree with that.  ^.^

Quote from: "NewYinzer"As for precious metal-tans, I don't quite know how that would work. But be sure to get a uranium-tan for me!

NIDAS IS WATCHING THIS THREAD CLOSELY

C-Chan

Uh-hooh... seems like Nidas-san is a member of the cloth.  I like to hear that!  ^v^
Precious metals, F-T-W!  ^___^

QuoteAs for precious metal-tans, I don't quite know how that would work. But be sure to get a uranium-tan for me!

So as not to take too much attention away from OS-tans, I figured PM-tans should just be like generic Moe personfications that the Captain complains about all the time.
Grab a bar of platinum, stick a cute face and some pigtails, and you're set.  ^__^
Although maybe one can go the full mile and change their appearance to reflect a unique personality trait.

Gold-chan would be a temptress, but also carries a parasol due to her unique heat-shielding properties.
Silver-chan would be a well-mannered techie, but has an obsessive-compulsive fear of tarnishing.
Uranium-chan is probably eternally floored from all the centrifuges she's been spun around in, and doesn't care if her horrendous hygiene repels everyone.

Little things like that.  -v-

CaptBrenden

Yes, I complain about that alot... but was it so hard to do?  That prolly took you less then 5 minutes.  It was rather simplistic, but it was just an example.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Well I guess if the artist was like me, and was on some wacky crusade to draw an OS-tan for every Final Fantasy potion in existence, then I guess spending some time developing an actual character personality is at a premium.  ^^;

But I don't mind as long as it diverts attention away from OS-tans -- that's where all the action is!  ^v^

CaptBrenden

wait.... why do you want to divert attention AWAY from the OS-tans?

C-Chan

Sorry, I meant to say as long as it "doesn't"....  ^^;

NewYinzer

Personally, I'd like to see our new OS-tans develop into deeper characters before we start new ones. For example, I'd like to see Amiga-tan become a deep, interesting character like Homeko. We've had great support of OS/2-tan, so let's start to develop our characters before we create more.

CaptBrenden

Indeed, quality over quantity

SleepyD

true true, the mass of characters pouring in is enough to make my head spin, but hey, we all need to start from somewhere, right?

OS/2 and 95-tan need a battle pic with pretty colors and sparks and scary, angry faces. ^^
and Amiga is just asking for a fanart from me....
(of course, I actually have other artistic commitments I must attend to... I'm a bit late with some... by about a year or so. ^^; )

C-Chan

Well at this point, I really don't have much of a choice.  ^^'

My original schedule has gone to shambles, so I'm probably better off consolidating around the characters that are out at this moment.  -v-'

Then again, I always did plan to focus on key OS-tans, allowing the others to simply appear as story fillers.

So far, here's the current list of key characters I'll probably personally focus on the most:

- Amiga (and consequently, MorphOS & AROS)
- C64
- Commodore PET / Atari 8-bit / AppleII (the 3 make sort of an inseparable trio)
- OS/2 (and consequently Windows 2.0, Xenix, etc.)
- eComStation
- Unix
- Plan 9 (and consequently, Inferno and the BSDs)
- VMS
- PC-DOS (and consequently MS-DOS and the other x86 DOS-tans)
- z/OS

Quotetrue true, the mass of characters pouring in is enough to make my head spin, but hey, we all need to start from somewhere, right?

The problem is I'm still unable to draw as fast as I want to, so the delays are dragging the character preconcepts, and slowing down attempts at depth.  But yes, certainly as NewYinzer asked, I definitely have a rich backstory planned for Amiga-tan, spanning from birth to her time at Commodore, to her years as a wanderer, and to the present as far as the founding of the Binteji Renmei.  And even a little into the future, when she "leaves" the Binteji Renmei to form something resembling a family.

So far, I'm looking into some interesting mediums.  

QuoteOS/2 and 95-tan need a battle pic with pretty colors and sparks and scary, angry faces. ^^

Yep, had one planned that should've been done by now (involves the two fighting one-and-one, while the rest of the A$C members are fumbling around with OSR 2.5-sama).  

I'd love to develop OS/2 more just cause she's a very powerful villain that's also deeply and tragically tied to the Windows family.  In explaining her origin, for example, I'd need to tell the whole story from the beginning when Windows was born, and it would certainly involve an unusual cast of characters for that era (Xenix, PC-DOS, MS-DOS, Windows 1.0, Windows 2.0, the occasional Mac-tan to joust against, and naturally Windows 3.0 once the story begins getting a little darker).

Quoteand Amiga is just asking for a fanart from me....

Arigatou, SleepyD!!  ^V^
If you do manage to complete an Amiga fanart (certainly once all your other commitments have been taken care of, I vow to be your slave for a week!  ^v^

Darknight_88

with all the Suigintou vs the-EVIL-desu I forgot to do this...

The one in the center its how I would draw eCS-tan in the same pose, with arms less longer and tweaking a bit her [her] right leg. The arms I'm not still too sure, maybe they should be a bit more leaned towards her left (in my version), but keeping the same proportions. Still, I did some anatomical mistakes (some? just some?).
Still, I think that the original pose it's a bit too uncomfortable for anyone to be laying on the floor like that and hugging a plushie at the same time. In my opinion, the doodle in the left would be in a more comfortable pose. Need some works with the arms position.
Ignore the doodle in the right.

Don't ask about the Suigintou... It was there before anything else.
Except for the Suigintou, this was rushed in 30 min <____<
The suigintou was rushed in 10 mins, but wasn't supposed to be here >___>

BTW...do I see some needles and a 95-tan together?....Ã,¬Ã,¬
run little pig, run...
RUN!

MisterCat

Plutonium-tan!

Plutonium-tan is conceived

Humble beginnings in the womb of science.

Plutonium-tan during her childhood

Isn't she cute?

Plutonium-tan in adolescence

Her first album.

Plutonium-tan of Tomorrow

No, not Thursday:  way in the future.

Plutonium-tan's residential cell

She's not at home just now.

;018

=^..^=

Nidas

Quote from: "Darknight_88"