Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Poor MisterCat-san, turned away by those nasty Apple Store bakas.... ;__;

No wonder we are the way we are.... -v-

Shoot, if I had known you earlier, I would've offered you the cheap Linux solution.  ^__^

A)  Buy internet access of some kind.

B)  Procure an old Pentium II computer with at least 750MB of hard drive space, a CD-ROM and a modem for pennies on the dollar.

C)  Download a free copy of Damn Small Linux, burn onto a CD and install on said machine.... -v-

D)  Watch that old clunker perform just as fast as any Windows XP setup.  ^___^

Stuff like that is often done in many so-called Third World countries.  -v-
And I sort of did that myself with my Xubuntu machine -- I bought a 5-year old computer for $20 from a coworker whose hard drive got corrupted and Windows OEM disc had long been lost.
I took out the hard drive, popped an old 8gig I had lying around, installed Xubuntu-chan, and have been happy ever since.  She's quite the performance machine despite the small footprint, and helps me with all my torrent downloads.  ^.^

QuoteYeah, it wasn't easy to get that job, but in the end I did. The job I had was OK, and ÃÅ' did get to work with computers , but there was too much other stuff involved, too much stress and long hours. Now I'll have more time to spend with my Amigas, who knows what positive consequences that'll have.  

Oh yes, I'll always preach. ^^

YAY!!! He's willing to preach!!!  ^v^

(And on a side note, my wish was granted at work and a nearby machine was setup with none other than OS/2-SAMA INSTALLED!!!  Now I have something to play with during Lunch!  ^V^)

AND YAY!!!!!  HE'S GONNA SPEND MORE QUALITY TIME WITH HIS FRIENDS!!!!  ^V^

Er,... that is, his "Amigas".  ^v^

*squeals with delight*

It's times like these I wish I could split myself into additional selves and draw Amiga-chan more often.  ^___^

I have two future renditions planned for her: an old picture from the 1980's with her standing in salute alongside PETchan, VIC-20-chan, C64-chan and C128-san, and a contemporary one with her, TripOS, MorphOS and AROS having a little family fun.  ^___^

Silentbob

Oof, my back is killing me.  

I'm going to bed, see ya'll tomorrow.   ;hi

PS. Looking forward to those future Amiga renditions of yours, C.   I know I like them already.   ;010

Q4(V)

ur all missin out on IRC four ppl were on this time me, Capt Pitkin(UPKM) and DL(UHP)

Ultimaninja

To help myself make a good dragon for Aurora (Who's waited so paitently), I will be taking my bow from this stage.

By Christmas expect me to:
1. Be on with my laptop repaired, and my Shuffle game.
2. Be back on with a new desktop(in a few weeks give or take), waiting for my parents to go to bed so I can play my shuffle game.

as always, if it's important, you know where to reach me.

Hmmm...I've fallen behind so many people with posting OS-tan pictures...well, atleast I'm ahead of some people...suppose that's something...

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Ultimaninja"

Excellent job! Tis the season for zombie snowmen! :D

SleepyD

By Christmas expect me to:
1. Be on with my laptop repaired, and my Shuffle game.

Shuffle!, huh?
I've watched some of the anime.... Somehow, the first character I liked was Mayumi... heh  Then that other dude with glasses was great for comedic moments.

2. Be back on with a new desktop(in a few weeks give or take), waiting for my parents to go to bed so I can play my shuffle game.

hah, I even have to do that with certain anime... strict asian parents live here. haha

Zombie snowmen?  Maybe Jeff should give his OS-tan pics a holiday theme.... provided Jeff finishes in December.  Right, just so you know, my last final ends December 13th, at 10:00 am.  Expect me to start doodling up ideas then.

C-Chan

QuoteRUN IN TERROR, OR BE CRUSHED BY THE MOBS!!!!

Reminds me of the Invader Zim xmas episode for some reason.  ^^'

QuoteOof, my back is killing me.

I'm going to bed, see ya'll tomorrow.

PS. Looking forward to those future Amiga renditions of yours, C. I know I like them already.

*squeals with delight*  ^v^

Ay, ay, AmigaBob!  *does Commodore salute* ^-^
When I'm done, people will be begging to convert to AmigaOS!  ^.^

Quoteur all missin out on IRC four ppl were on this time me, Capt Pitkin(UPKM) and DL(UHP)

Gyaah,... no more IRC.... X~X

QuoteTo help myself make a good dragon for Aurora (Who's waited so paitently), I will be taking my bow from this stage.

I picture the dragon holding up signs like Fark-tan for some reason.  ^^'

Oh well, have fun.  See ya when you're back.  ^-^

NewYinzer

*pokes head in*
Hi everybody! It's gettin' late, and I thought I'd poke my head in to keep up appearances. There's some weird and random stuff in my life, some of which is threatening Classified Aircraft #3 in Undisclosed Location. Once this conflict is resolved, I'll be back to my usual posting count. See yinz later!

C-Chan

Hehe... hope so, cause you're trailing way behind now.  It's getting lonely  up here in the near-1300 range.  ^^'

NewYinzer

Must...keep...posting!
*pauses*
Well, I think that my low post count deserves some explanation. As Dennis Leary once said, "Life's gonna suck when you grow up". Well, I'm starting to catch his drift. With my father in the hospital with a case of diverticulitis, a big math test coming up, and a recent crisis involving someone spreading a rumor that I'm going to ask someone out to a dance that I can't go to, I've got quite a full plate. At least I've got enough Love Hina and Monty Python to keep me going.
*pauses*
Must...hang...on!

C-Chan

Poor Yinzer.... ;__;

Okey-doke, it's settled then.  ^^

I'll stop posting like a freak so that everyone else can catch up.  ^v^

(That way, maybe, I can do some more drawing and catch up with Mac Manga translations.  And also explore that whole home-brewed Anime thing.  ^^')

Alfamille

Made 5+ post today (I think)...not bad.

For the last 2 days, I was really wierded out when my programmer freind  installed a Yellow Dog on my iBook. He really wanted to reccomend me using this. So I have no choice, he installed the CD. Yet since I'm not really use to using Yellow Dog Linux and some of the important files were missing, I wanted to switch back to OSX...and I had little hard time bringing back OSX Tiger. But it is still good that he is able to bring it back...;173  

I guess it'll take time for me to try Yellow Dog Linux on my iBook again  ;063

C-Chan

Bless you for having Yellow Doggy.  ^__^

That's the distros that often accompanies AmigaOne systems!  ^v^

NewYinzer

(That way, maybe, I can do some more drawing and catch up with Mac Manga translations. And also explore that whole home-brewed Anime thing. ^^')

Hmm...our own OVA. I better discuss this new concept on the OVA thread!