Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Simon: Sounds like my experience with a no-name Android tablet my sister was given for Christmas. That thing was rubbish

So, at the hotel now. I missed the turn to go to one of the places I wanted to look at on my way to the hotel, but it's good I didn't; as a thunderstorm rolled in, knocking out the traffic light at an intersection I had to go through, plus my umbrella got damaged. The storm unfortunately means no swimming :[

However, the storm should let up by the time I plan to get back out to go to all the major places I wanted to go. Good thing, too; I haven't really found anything I wanted to buy yet (Ground Zero seems to have dropped their manga selection...but they did have a lot of cool Doctor Who memorabilia that was tempting)

Dr. Kraus

Had to sign an agreement with Penn State that I wouldn't mess with their computer network or pirate anything or run a server out of my dorm room or use anything that was pirated or a bunch of other stuff that if I violated I could face fines, disconnection from the services, and even jail time.

Fun stuff. Better load up everything I possibly can onto a small external drive before I leave in August ;D

Nichi

Always a good thing :3

stewartsage

> run a server out of your room

Glad D&E never got on that shit.

Kari: Honestly, I enjoy the drive it was just people being slow I didn't enjoy.

Pent: More and more places seem to be having Doctor Who memorabilia.  Hooray!

Why is this book going to take four days to get from Charleston to here?  I will fucking drive to Charleston in three hours and pick it the fuck up.

Chocofreak13

trust me bro, i know that feel. but it doesn't work that way.

@kraus: isn't that what proxies are for? start running a torrent server out of your room. just pay the proxy piper down in panama first. -w-

@pent: depending on how long you're there for (because for the life of me i can't remember!) i'd scope every place you intended to go to out first before you lay down cash. that's how we roll at cons, anyway.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Suddenly tea EVERYWHERE in my beard.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

that's what you get for drinking tea with a beard.
click to make it bigger

Bella

I returned to Concord at 11:30am or so but then dad needed to do like a million errands and I was along for the ride ....... worse of all I got dragged to Target and ended up spending like $20 on clearance clothing because DAMMIT TARGET HAS NICE CLOTHES.

Random things about the trip back:
-I met some interesting people on the ride from Prince to DC, like this cool elderly lady from Wisconsin, a quite-possible-standup-comedian-in-the-making named Bo, and his long-suffering friend / traveling companion / lover* Amber. (We couldn't recognize Washington DC. I impressed them with my knowledge of Fallout 3.) I dined with a nice lady from Iowa and met her seatmate / new-found BFF, a young, bubbly fellow who I wish I got to talk to more because he seemed like a lot of fun.
-The train ended up 3 hours behind schedule, resulting in an insane dash from one train terminal to another to catch my next train. The combination of running and yelling something to the effect of "OH GOD WHERE IS THE TERMINAL FOR TRAIN 66?????!!!!!!! I HAVE TO MAAAAAKE THAAAAAAAAAAAAAT TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN"  quite possibly gave a group of Amtrak employees heart palpitations, AND I GOT SASSED BY AN AMTRAK EMPLOYEE. A SASSY AMTRAK EMPLOYEE.
-MY TICKET WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE OF THE DELAY AND FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE DUMPED OUT IN BALTIMORE AND MURDERED IN BALTIMORE BUT I WAS ABLE TO REINSTATE IT. PRAISE JESUS / ALLAH / BUDDAH / ZEUS / [insert your deity of choice here] BECAUSE I VALUE NOT BEING STRANDED AND SHOT TO DEATH.
-IDK what happened after like Philadelphia because I fell asleep and I woke up in Connecticut stretched across two seats.

Thoughts about being home:
-Returning to Boston always makes me feel a little happy~ (`・ω・´)
-But then again OH GOD IT'S HOT AND HUMID HERE WHY IS IT SO MUCH WARMER THAN WHERE I CAME FROM?
-It's freaky being back in "civilization" / "the city"
-I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER BE IMPRESSED BY THE MOUNTAINS AROUND HERE AGAIN, GOD DAMMIT WEST VIRGINIA.
-Everything is weird and disorienting, I don't remember by room being this roomy or Eve's screen being so huge.
-Returning to my normal routine after traveling is literally the worse I mean it's adventure and excitement and hanging out with Stew and meeting new people and seeing new things and making Amtrak employees shit themselves one moment, and the next I'm just sitting here on my ass watching TV and messing around on the internet like i always do. (´⌒`。 )

*It's ..... it's a long story.

stewartsage

That's what life's about.  And also me applying for jobs that aren't here.

Nichi

@Bella: I know the feeling. My bed was so soft and 2k's screen was so gigantic when I got back from my trip last year

@Kari: I'm generally careful with what I buy; so I don't go overbudget (Like, if I know I can find something cheaper on Amazon, I'll do that instead -w-; )

So, just getting back in from the second wave of adventure. Obtained the following:

- Shirts from Hot Topic
  - Legend of Zelda - Triforce
  - Top Gear - "I Am The Stig"
  - Adventure Time - Fiona saying "I'm on a shirt!" (For trap mode >w>; )
- A bottle of Strawberry Ramune
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Collector's edition steelbook BluRay)

Tomorrow, some garage sales...and a trip to Best Buy to obtain the newest season of Warehouse 13

Chocofreak13

@bells: kickass. reminds me a bit of my former daily mad dash for the bus, which i get the feeling freaked out more than one passenger/bus driver considering i showed up about to die. -w-;

@stew: just promise me you won't end up like my park ranger great-grandpa. but then, that was canada, and this is here. -w-

@pent: THEY HAVE YARD SALES THERE TOO HOLY SHIT have fun :3
nice on the shirts and steelbook, i'd ask if you were gonna watch it there but i get the feeling that'd be redundant. -w-;

speaking of canada, some relatives of mine (uncle? aunt? cousins? either way i know "uncle" timmy is my mum's cousin) are visiting while on their annual family vacation. which means i have to vacuum as soon as i get over there. xD;
oh, and though we're having another hangout party on saturday, don can't come and i'm sad about it. ><;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That always sucks; when someone you want to see can't make it :[

Once it's closer to 10, I'll probably check out and start doing stuff before coming home. Was a little underwhelmed with breakfast, since I really wanted sausage, but they at least had some eggs and bacon...plus I slipped a bagel back to my room for later >w>;

Chocofreak13

nice -w-

and yeah, it's disappointing, but hopefully it'll still be fun.

now i just need to decide what to do this morning, since my sister has offered to drive me up to her place early. really caught me off-guard, especially since the relatives are coming here soon.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I have good news: During a random trip to Target earlier, just because I felt like going, I found season 4 of Warehouse 13, for $3 less than at Best Buy >:3

It made up for my apple making me feel sick earlier (It tasted like it wasn't ripe enough; having that grassy taste :\ )

Chocofreak13

weird, did you pick it yourself?
click to make it bigger