Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

if i had known you liked that series i'd have gotten you one. i'll see if any of my friends are willing to give up theirs. -w-;

also, don't knock cons till you try it. sure, i'm only highlighting the bad aspects of the people, but the people there are overwhelmingly GOOD. hugs, compliments, fangirling over things with complete strangers, willing to hold on to plushies till you have something to trade? it's all good. i made friends with people who just happened to be sitting next to me in a panel. we formed a team for a game show just because we didn't have enough people alone. i'm facebook friends with Krystal and her sister Kendall now because of that and i love it. :3
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

You sure have a pretty badass time at cons Choco.

Well today I saw a man that passed out on the street. People were standing around/peering at him.
Some dude called an ambulance and junk, but I thought I should just go home and forget about it.

Nichi

@Kari: Always nice. It's why I want to go to a con :3

@Leaf: That's odd. Hope it wasn't anything too serious :\

So, I now have the money to get the car in my name on Monday >:3

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

Indeed. My sister and I are planning a trip out of town once I have my doctor's bill paid and have the car ready to go
(Then, of course, will come the epic road trip when I'm moving eventually)

Chocofreak13

AB 14 IS IN 10 MONTHS PEOPLE LET'S START PLANNAN NOW

@leaf: oh dear. :\

it's funny that i mentioned Krystal since she messaged me on FB right after i posted that :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Once I have these bills and whatnot out of the way, and can start adding to my moving fund again, I'll take a look to see about maybe taking a trip for the con. Depends on what my savings account looks like by the end of the year :3

Which, since I cashed one of the savings bonds I had, this should allow me to pay off the doctor's bill a week earlier than originally planned; which will be quite nice

Bella

@Nej: Send your cousin my congratulations. Have fun and stay safe!

@Leaf: I'm glad somebody called for an ambulance, at any rate. It sickens me to hear stories about people who are obviously in bad shape or in need of emergency assistance and have nobody notice / care enough to help them. :/

@Stew / re: attending cons and such: The things that have held me back from going to any anime / fan conventions are money and transportation, but I think I would enjoy them. I get by okay with pretty much anyone who is open-minded or at least tolerant of other viewpoints, but I feel immensely more comfortable in the company of people with whom I share common interests / experiences. There is something very comforting about being around people who are (on some level) like me - be it something as relatively-trivial as being in a shared fandom or something serious and personal like having a similar sexuality or gender-identity.

And heck, even if I wasn't interested in talking with and meeting people, I'd want to go to conventions just to appreciate the art on sale, look at / buy swag, go to panels and the like. -w-;

Chocofreak13

bells, srsly, start saving! we can go together! : D
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

>going back to your browser window after 2 hours
>look down at search bar
>"Find: cheese"
>what the fuck was I doing now again

EEEUUEUEH.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Cockleshell

Guys WTF it's 2 am I can't sleep
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella

Quote from: Cockleshell on June 02, 2013, 01:04:26 AM
Guys WTF it's 2 am I can't sleep

I had insomnia until dawn yesterday and then I got up at 10am ... it's this hot weather, it's making everything in my body hurt. -_-

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 01, 2013, 05:38:44 PM
bells, srsly, start saving! we can go together! : D

I'm gunna try. Or at least aim for AAC ... if I can get a ride, since it's taking place during one of dad's big art shows and I'm left car-less during that time. -__-

Nichi

I slept decent last night. Impressive, considering I had a rather shitty night :\

Chocofreak13

i think i may have solved loly's resource problem. goddammit i wish there was a way to have rising do auto-scans so i wouldn't end up with these problems. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I thought Rising did auto-scans at every boot :\
Guess I'll have to check the settings