Sadly, nothing may come out of this:

http://www.os2world.com/petition/

But fear not, for we also have a worthy successor to the OS/2 line!  ^v^

http://www.ecomstation.com/

Can't wait to draw eCS-tan!  ^v^

SleepyD

we're calling her "Panda bear" now? ^^;

Kobe beef.... some of the most expensive beef ever. hah

I cannot wait until this semester is over. Then Jeff can pour all energy into drawing...

in other news, I updated The Exit.

C-Chan

That's our Researcher in action, people!  ^__-

BTW, we STILL need a Commenter....  X__X

Especially now that I'm going into Silent Mode very soon, and I promised Pitkin I'd help him flag pictures for subfolder migration...  -v-'

Darknight_88

hehe, thanks for all the comments :D
Now, It'll take a while before another drawing comes out  ;013 . Expect another picture (yet, I don't know what to draw now =/) in like 6 months :D

Quote from: "C-Chan"Now that you mention it, I guess I should prioritize a Wiki avi for OS/2 as well, since she's already been propagated by 4 separate artists (and 5 in the works).  Who would've thought that the Windows Girls' archnemesis [and secret sister] would've proved to be so popular?!  ^v^'

Anyway, on a closer inspection of your pic, oh great Darknight....

Oh wait, gimme a second....  -v-

*pitter patters off to 'Post Your Desktop' thread*

*returns with large billboard*

*clears throat*  Haven't used this in a while, but anyone who propagates OS/2-sama deserves this!  ^___^

C-Chan's Coolest Forum-Goer Chart
========================

1st place - Darknight_88
2nd place - everybody else
3rd place - forum lurkers

Alrighty! Anyway, as I was saying.... -v-

Upon closer inspection, I have concluded that I'm unfit to offer any sort of criticism since I, as a rule, never criticize anyone's work.  ^__^
The eyes are the right shape, minus the slits but she only does that when she's homicidal... ^^;
Hair is radiant and ready to "multitask"!  ^v^
Boots I loved from the start, so that's a given...  -v-
Skirt's a bit more Star Trek, but the uniform's been toned down to something more stylish, so that balances out.  ^__^
use of SleepyD's symbol earns a "AAA" rating.  ^.^
Phaser is flawless, and looks just like the original (or Paramount's attempt to prop a phaser by pasting black ovals over a gun prop.... ^^;)
Chest is appropriately-sized, since she's not at all a memory hog.
Love her expression, keen, pretty and sly at the same time.  ^__^
And yes, as the Captain said, the hands are superb.  ^v^

So yeah, if you're looking for mighty reprimands, you've turned to the wrong pig!  ^v^

I can offer performance enhancement tips, but it seems like you finished it all over the weekend so you're probably set there as well.  ^__^
The drawing looks "vectorized", but if I recall you didn't like Inkscape so maybe it's just my imagination....  ^^

[whispering]  (what did you use, btw?  'v')

Okay, I'm all praised out now....  ^^;

Moving along....  -v-

QuoteDanger!  Water Contains High Levels of Hydrogen!  Keep Out!

*stares at pool, ready to see it burst into flames any second now...*

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!  ^0^

QuoteI'm afraid the early political history of OS-tan Collections has remained unrecorded up till date, and therefore I cannot give any satisfactory answer to the major question, 'why?' FabianN-san had the ambition back in time to first bring together a huge material of OS-tan, and then proceed to making a whole Windows theme (or many themes) out of it. The original site consisted of portal that contained shoutbox, quotation archive and some other whatchamacallits, and the forum was only a very minor part of it. Actually, back then it felt like the shoutbox had more activity in it than the forum; I wasn't aware of much dicussion between members, at least on the subjects like vision or motives driving the site.

Hmmm,... interesting,... so in essence, the suggestion of a few people to create a website front-end to this forum was in fact done ages ago.  'v'

I guess to avoid a repeat of history, we better make sure that all the content is prepared BEFORE another front-end is created...  ^^'

QuoteIn other news, I happened to see a Finnish-language article today about 10 big technological flops of home computer era. Three of those flops were quite familiar by their names: OS/2, risc and Apple Lisa were mentioned. ^^; I learnt that Finnish General Radio Broadcast Company and the National Pension Company (I've no proper translations for these) have both used the OS/2 operating system till last year, after they had to move away from it due to lack of support. Quite surprising.

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^0^;

Here's a REAL technological FLOP for them!!!!  ^0^

IBM

Besides, if they couldn't use OS/2 due to lack of support, why not move to eCommstation then?!  Lazy bums.... -___-

I feel bad that RISC-chan and Apple Lisa were insulted as well.  RISC is strong enough to take it, but hurting Lisa-chan is like kicking a dead horse!  Those bastards!  ^0^

*sniff*

So many -tans to save, so little time.....  -o-

QuoteAll I can say is when I joined on June 20, this place was certainly quiet.
That made identification of the veterans quite easy. haha ^^

Yeah, if it weren't for you and Darknight, posting my Amiga-chan pic in the virtual ghost town would've been like posting at the "other" forum I joined at the time.... The one that RPed itself to extinction....  -___-

Quote...then C-Chan and Yinzer came. lol Now post counts don't correlate with your time as a member, many things get posted every day, and the art place has exploded with activity.

Thank ye, SleepyD.  ^__^
Should note that my post count was built with piggy blood, sweat and tears!  ^0^

[That, and a lot of silly responses...  ^^']

And am uber glad the art scene has exploded....  -v-

*grabs megaphone*

LET THERE BE MORE OS-TANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

QuoteI remember when I joined. This place took forever to find at the time. When I started posting, this place was a ghost town. Panda was still here and was complaining about the forum "dying". With a long, boring summer to kill, I decided to stir up discussion by posting in every category.

*stares cautiously at Pitkin*

Yeah, I remember that night!  ^v^
It was fun, although I do recall that was also the first time the Panda bear showed off her true colors to us.  ^^;

QuotePeople started posting here again. Needless to say, it was C-Chan's new artwork that kept people posting. Ever since Alfamille posted a link to us on Wikipedia, people have been joining right and left. Now I can't keep track of all the new members. When you search for "OS-tans" on Google, we're on the third page. Life is good.

Well thank you NewYinzer, although I'm not 100% sure it was my artwork that kept people posting.  Relative to all other topics of discussions, C-chan artwork talk is still in the relative minority.  ^^'
Lots of lurkers, true, but none of them have yet to post them at Waka (not that I'd be eager to see that day, given the nature of that imageboard.... ^^;).

QuoteNothing sadder then having alot of good friends and then watching as when you try to log in, finding out the forum no longer exists...And having no way to contact them either...

Yep, can relate from back in my youth.... -v-
Which is why I take it fairly easy nowadays,...  ^^

QuoteIn other news, Jeff thinks he now has a working idea for his rendition of OS/2. murhaha

YAY!!!!!!!!  MULTI-TASKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

Thank ye, SleepyD!  ^__^

Let this be a source of inspiration:

C-Chan's Coolest Forum-Goer Chart
========================

1st place - [your name here]
2nd place - everybody else
3rd place - forum lurkers

Fufufu....  ^.^

now, that's a large post. It'll take a while to read it ;_;

Well, I tried to kept this simple. I thought of doing this as Airbrush, but by that time I already finished the lineart, and these kind of lines (variable width) doesn't look well combined with airbrushing techniques. Their place is in vectorized pics. And no, I didn't used any vector programs xD. I only used Photoshop (stroke paths, fill path. A few gradients in the skirt, stockings, symbol, gun and eyes). The "Full Size" version I posted its the same I used for work. Huge (well, it could be even bigger, but it worked well as it was), so It was easier to work on this than my previous 95-tan drawing.  

The eyes...I was lazy to do any more ^-^U. But I like them more like this, personal taste.
The uniform...well...just personal taste. I think it still resembles a bit of Star Trek (well, not sure. Never saw Star Trek and google wasn't too useful for finding pics of the uniform).

I just detected that I didn't add the "OS/2" in her belt, but now I'm too lazy to do any more =/.

I give anyone permission to modify this (add background, etc...).

QuoteDanger!  Water Contains High Levels of Hydrogen!  Keep Out!

OH NOES!!!!
I guess that's not good, since I live almost next to the sea... ;026

C-Chan

Wow, so you did use Photoshop for your vector work....  ^^;
Oh well, it's a tad harder, but it works anyway so good job on that!  ^v^

And yes I agree, this is perfect as it is (and besides, even the canon OS-tans have tons of variations,... like half-a-million variations of 2k-tan for example.... -v-)

Cut!  Print!  Publish!  ^v^
Time to create that Amiga-chan pic you told me the other day you wanted to draw.... ^v^;

Yeah, seriously, you said you were just d-y-i-n-g to create a rendition of Amiga-chan!  ^____^;
Don't you remember?  ^v^;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"Wow, so you did use Photoshop for your vector work....  ^^;
Oh well, it's a tad harder, but it works anyway so good job on that!  ^v^

And yes I agree, this is perfect as it is (and besides, even the canon OS-tans have tons of variations,... like half-a-million variations of 2k-tan for example.... -v-)

Cut!  Print!  Publish!  ^v^
Time to create that Amiga-chan pic you told me the other day you wanted to draw.... ^v^;

Yeah, seriously, you said you were just d-y-i-n-g to create a rendition of Amiga-chan!  ^____^;
Don't you remember?  ^v^;

lol, I said that? Cuz I don't remember xD

C-Chan

Tsk tsk tsk, oh Darknight of the fragile memory... -v-

Don't worry, I'll refresh it for you....  ^__^

Quote from: "Darknight_88"Now that I'm done with OS/2-sama and Windows 95 is yesterday's news, it's time to work on the great Amiga-sama!  

QUE VIVA MI AMIGA!!!!  MI COMMODORE AMIGA!!!!

And the Captain says quotes don't lie, so there.  ^v^

Thank you, Darknight-san!  You're the best!  ^.^

*frolics happily*

rdhdtwns

I'm here... just a bit tired.

http://www.moonramen.net/images/sugoicon2001.jpg

that would be why I'm tired. :D
So cute it\'s deadly!

C-Chan

SuuuuuuGOI-..........CON!!!!!  ^___^

(And you said you don't have anything to contribute,... BAH!!  PIFFLES, I say!!  PIFFLES!!!!  ^0^)

That's wonderful, Codi-san!  Congrats!  ^v^
You've got to tell us all about it!  ^__^

Were there a lot of people who were into the OS-tans?  'v'

Ultimaninja

T-minus 14 days until my FFIII game comes...

A happy Halloween to everyone on ostan forums!!

And I must apologize to all of you as well. I broke a sacred promise I made to all of you when I returned. I know I promised that I'd act more intellegent instead of being a complete idiot, but I have mistakenly forgotten this.

It started when my spanish class got outta hand and into a argument about Religion.
(Mistake 1: NEVER GET INTO AN ARGUMENT ABOUT RELIGION OR POLITICS!)
I'm not going to go any further, because the last thing I want is being banned for starting another stupid religion argument.

On the good note I think, is that I won because the opposing side (everyone but me) could only cut-into my statements and call me stupid...but then again it isn't much of a win if it is an argument like that...Now that I think about it, I might have even lost for reducing myself to that level

Q4(V)

*stare at shine thing*

wow red the a kool trofe, congratulation. It nice and shine

*stare again at shine thing*

*drool*

NewYinzer

*crawls out from under a heap of Tylenol and Kleenex*

I have returned, after a hellish day of school it looks like my cold will keep me out of school tomorrow. So I thought I might take it easy tonight and try to recover from a work-induced cold. As part of my travels, I came across a very interesting image. It looks like one of those "political compasses", but I'm not sure since I can't translate Japanese. Any help?

C-Chan

TOP:  "seme" = attack, or likely "aggressive

LEFT:  "ERO" in katakana, so literally 'ero' from erotic

RIGHT:  "PYUA" in kakana, so should sound like an accented "pure"

I can't make out the last one yet, but I assume it should mean either sharp, intelligent or wise.  -v-

C-Chan added the following  5 minutes after last message :

Seems to sound like "uke", so might be better translated as "passive".
Which I guess sounds about right, since it is the polar opposite of "aggressive"....  ^^'

C-Chan added the following  2 minutes after last message :

Oh, and FYI,...  ^^'

The pic's big AND it's 200+ KB in file size, so do please watch your back.... -v-'

You're already sick, so the last thing you need is a bouncing by the Captain.  ^v^;
Fufufu.... ^.^

Ultimaninja

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=LittleKuriboh&page=3

Like Yugioh, hate it, anything, watch the Yugio Abbariged series...

Funny as he!!

(Favorite quotes:
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American; It's the only lanuage I understand."

"These sunglasses sure make it difficult to see in the dark, but I refuse to take them off because I'm an American... And Americans always wear sunglasses!"

"Screw the rules, I have money.")