Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Wah!!!  The resident Ninja is leaving us!  ;^0^;

Oh well, at least it's for the sake of art!  ^__^
For that matter, we can consider this a "pilgrimage"  ^v^

Good luck, have fun, take care of your teeth...

We'll see ya on the other side....  ^__~

Sincerely,
The-All-Knowing-C-chan  ^.^

PS....

QuoteAlso, how do I open:
.sub
.img
.ccd
files?

The-All-Knowing-C-chan (hereafter referred to as "TAK-C") hereby proclaims that that sounds like a job for Google.  ^__^

SleepyD

*pops in*
Or, I can answer that now. heh

.sub
.img
.ccd

these are files for a cd image.
You can burn it onto a cd using something like Alcohol 120% or... what is img from... CloneCD?

Alternatively, download Daemon Tools http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php
and mount the image on a virtual drive. (basically a CD-rom drive that exists on your hard drive for those CDs that aren't on physical CDs... lol)

C-Chan

Hehehe.... The-All-Knowing-C-chan knew that.........  Really........ ^^'

*slowly sneaks out of thread*

SleepyD

he knows that now.... hehe ^^

I wonder what the ninja has downloaded.... *ponder*

Silentbob

Well, now I'm at the office.  But still sick, so I shouldn't stay too long, otherwise everybody else here will probably catch it.   But I had some work I just had to get done.   :/

After that I should get home, I need to clean up the place since it doesn't look very nice as I've been stuck in bed for the past two days.   ;014

SleepyD

<-- sick but still working as well.

get well soon, k?  

Who here has NOT gotten sick lately, anyway? (in the last... oh... month?)

C-Chan

QuoteHey C-chan, I've read awhile ago through pages that you wanted to edit the confusion of the Mac-tans (Who is os9? is there an OS8?yes-where? Is the blonde girl in the white swimsuit is considered to be representing all of the Macs? then why is there an os9 and an osx? or is it the blonde girl in a swimsuit is OSX? isnt OSX are the big cat girls? if they were then why are those 5 osx cats represented in a loli form instead of the normal ones posted on Nijiura? what are the official line-up given by Futaba people? how bout those from Nijiura? most importantly why did those people did not gave an accurate roster for Mac-tans?). I really wish to make an article about this, but if you would like to do it now then I wont blame you. (Take care man...)

Have fun everyone! See you next time and I wish I could be here actively soon

By the way, I think people should really look on the Annex project. I believe its a full time OS-tan project which could bring more story to what's untold and who should be known through time...

QuoteAbout the Annex project, I don't have a lot of time to check it completely...but I think 95 OSR2.5, Windows 1 and 2 should be included as part of the Windows Family. Same goes for Lisa and Apple II.
That's my opinion. Aside that, its a good idea this Annex (but I haven't read it completely -_-')

QuoteFine...aside from someone who is trying to get the Wikipedia OS-Tan article deleted, the Vista-tan dispute, and the OS-tan name dispute, everything is okay!

QuoteYeah, I don't get why somebody would wanna get the OS-tan article deleted. But if it's just one person, nothing will come of it of course. The tans have been around so long, they're definitely something relevant to Wikipedia as well as other sources of information.

QuoteWhy is somebody trying to get the OS Girls deleted from Wikipedia? What's the rationale? How might I find the relevant discussion at Wikipedia? Thank you. *goes looking*

What in the hell?!!!!!!
How did this cool discussion slip through the cracks?!!!  @___@

Either I'm getting old and losing it, or these posts got buried very quickly by all that lottery discussion... ^__^

(most likely both)

Gomenasai x 2000!  ;^0^;

*drops to the ground and grovels in forgiveness*

To answer everyone's questions:

Alfamille:  Yes, I want to sort through the confusion of the Macs once in for all!  They're too important an OS line to just leave hanging like that (I find it insulting and I'm not even a Mac user yet....  Ã,¬__Ã,¬)

Didn't really have in mind writing an article about it, though -- just a definitive roster on the main Annex page.  But I suppose if the situation arised, I would, but it would certainly have to wait until after I buy a Macintosh ('round January) and get a better idea of exactly what I'm defending.  ^__^
That being said, it would probably just be easier to help you write one up.  ^v^

By the way, thank you for putting in a good word about the Annex....  ^__^
There's currently about moderate attendance, but that's understandable since I'm far from finished yet and there simply isn't all that much content to discuss.  But certainly if people addressed more non-canon OS-tan questions, the thread might be useful in the interim.  -v-
(Really need it to be useful, since that's where all my art is now stuck at.... ^_____^;)

Please stop by more, Alfamille!  ^__^
We miss ya, dude!  ^v^

Darknight:  AHA!  Someone who hasn't read the front page completely, eh?  `v'

Off to the lickters with him!  ^0^

Fufu,... just kidding.  ^__^
Besides, you sketched up OS/2-tan, so you get special immunity.  ^__^
(any other infringer would be facing the full C-chan wrath right about now... ^v^

Take your time, my friend, as again it's not finished AND it will be, in some resepects, a mini-encyclopedia of sorts.  And no one would expect you to read all of Wikipedia, no...?  ^__^

Do wish you could've asked that question at the Annex itself, since that's the kinda discussion that would fit there perfectly.  But I'll do my best to answer it here on Topicless...  ^___^

Functionally-wise, the Microsoft Family represents the pure, original Futaba characters.  For reasons that NewYinzer often brings up, I've tried real hard not to add anyone else to their existing line-up (short of obvious successors such as Windows Vista and Windows XPME).  Wish I knew who the artist is that draws 95 OSR 2.5-sama, but as she's often depicted as an outsider who simply pops in to cause mischief, I figured it'd be best to keep her as an outsider.  (Similar to how Windows 95 OSR 2.1 is briefly mentioned in there, apparently living far enough away to require letter-writing... ^__^).

Story-wise, she wouldn't mind being a member of the Windows Family, but she seems to have gotten too used to being out on her own to settle down in such a hectic and demanding place like the Windows Family household...  -v-
Win1, Win2, Apple II and Apple Lisa are not with their families for... personal reasons let's just say.  Besides, they're already far removed from their modern descendants, so life at the Binteji Renmei is something like a retirement....  -v-

The point it an excellent one, though, and it's something I'd love to work into a plot point.  Especially once certain characters learn that they have long lost relatives abandoned somewhere.  -__-'

NewYinzer:  They're still trying to delete the article?
Wow, some people just don't give up....  ^^'

And I still think you're taking the Vista and name thing too seriously.  As I said before, I put them there because these were OS-tan related issues brought to me that warranted public discussion, and I lease out my Annex just for that kind of discussion.  If you feel a particular discussion is too silly or counterproductive, then feel free to suggest another more useful topic of discussion and we'll veer towards what you feel is better and more productive discussion.  -v-

Otherwise, then, you're not taken full advantage of the resources we have to offer.  -___-

SilentBob:  Precisely SilentBob.  ^__^
But still, we can't let our guard down.  There are purists lurking in every corner, ready to tear down any semblance of originality for the preservation of Futaba dogma!  ^0^

*gasps*

There's one now!!!  GET 'EM!!!  ^V^

*chases after purist in a fit of piggy rage*

MisterCat:  Check the bottom of the OS-tan article discussion thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:OS-tan

Thanks to NewYinzer for addressing it publicly -- thankfully, the result was a Speedy Keep.

Guess pillagers still exist in the internet as well.  ^__^'

C-Chan

Yo Aurora!  ^__^

I brushed aside the issue in the Annex by simply making her a catch all for all of MacOS, favoring your OS-tans for the System-specific releases.  (Which, btw, I'm glad to see are almost fully populated!  ^__^)

But due to the popularity of the issue (seeing as how you and Alfamille addressed it as only loyal Mac users should), I say this calls for another Annex Referendum!!  ^V^

*rushes off to Annex to begin preparations*

brougeXP22

Referendum!!  YEAH!!!!!  ;006

Silentbob

Yeah, referendum. Let's have that.    ;010

Btw, for those interested in vintage computer music, should go here: AmigaRemix and here Remix.kwed.org for some cool remixed versions of those classic tunes from the Amiga and C64. I have them all, just thought I'd share with those who don't know about these excellent resources.

C-Chan

SilentBob, you ROCK!!!  ^V^
[no pun intended.... -v-]

See, this is why Amiga users should be considered the cool ones.  ^__^
No offense to Mac and Linux users, of course... -v-

SleepyD

Is it a good idea to have so many referendums in the Annex topic...? ^^

Jeff think it might be better in a new topic if this is going to occur often...

NewYinzer

QuoteIs it a good idea to have so many referendums in the Annex topic...? ^^

Jeff think it might be better in a new topic if this is going to occur often...

I concur. In my opinion, we should have less referendums.

Silentbob

It's a fancy word for voting to accept or reject a proposal.

Aurora Borealis

Oh. Okay. I just haven't seen the word "Referendum" before until a couple days ago![/i]