Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentbob

Well, I did record some video clips with my cell phone.  I didn't get any of the really bad parts though, hehe.   Good idea about the blackmail, I'll keep that in mind.  ;)

rdhdtwns

ACT is actually another type of form/evil test of the SAT ^^ Many southern-US colleges prefer ACT scores to SAT.

Anyway.. damn Silentbob. How the hell did any of that happen in the first place?
I..I don't think I'll be traveling with any of your people .-.; No offense.

I'm freezing >.< Wth how did autumn come so quickly..
also bought a sword for possible 95-tan cosplay.  ;010

Also stuffing my face with Halloween candy. >.>
So cute it\'s deadly!

NewYinzer

QuoteACT is actually another type of form/evil test of the SAT ^^ Many southern-US colleges prefer ACT scores to SAT.

SAT? ACT? PSAT?

*runs away and throws up in toilet*

Must...start...SAT...prep!

*throws up some more*

At least...I didn't...make a promise...to any girl...to get into...CMU!

*regains composure*

I think I'm gonna be okay.

SleepyD

hah, I was among the first group of people to take the "new" SAT with the essay portion.  Personally, I despise writing, so I took a short prep-course at my high school for it.  (Improved my writing score from 560 to 660... Which is good, but I still can't write under time pressure like that...)

I find the test pointless, really.  It doesn't test how smart you are.  Anyone can get a high score by learning the test itself.  What is the point of finding small grammatical errors anyway? Or maybe solving weird mathematical patterns? Sure, I can do it, but why? I don't see how this sets me apart from everyone else.  And how many people does this weed out in college applications anyway? I think more colleges are looking at extra-curriculars and AP/honors courses and stuff....

rdhdtwns

You're very correct, Sleepy ^^ They really love that extra crap.

I'm a little bitter :P

But hey!! I'm Windows NT now :D :D :D Almost to XP... but when I hit XP, I'll be sad cause I won't want to post cause I'll finally have the XP title :(
So cute it\'s deadly!

SleepyD

yeah they do. I exaggerated my devART stuffs in order to add to my lacking list of extra-curriculars. hehe.... I went for an "artistic engineer" view of myself.

hm.... I think... I didn't realize I became Win NT... until... now.... haha....

Ultimaninja

I feel that if I can get a sniper qualification with a pistol like my mom, my life will be SOOOO much better...

C-Chan

QuoteBut hey!! I'm Windows NT now    Almost to XP... but when I hit XP, I'll be sad cause I won't want to post cause I'll finally have the XP title

Keep up the excellent translation work and maybe we can discuss locking that  title.  ^__^

Of course, before you even get there, you'll experience the taste of what it feels to be on the "other" side.  Codi-san the OS9-tan,... that has a nice ring....  ~v~

Speaking of OS9, I came up with another Wiki avatar.  It's hardly original, but at least it blends in a little with the preexisting ones:

I know you're sick, Newyinzer-dono, but in lieu of Alfamillie's very terrifying absence (and besides that your excellent track record with Wiki updates... ^^'), I leave it to you to see if she should be posted up.  If you do, I recommend putting her on the right side of the OS9 blurb (just like with Linux-tan and Kami-tux).

Should help stir even MORE confusion, since the Wiki article already uses the Generic Mac-tan pic as OS9 (or is it OSX?  SEE?!  What'd I tell ya?!  >_<)

*eyes SilentBo*

...........................................Oh dear gawds.....  Ã,¬___Ã,¬
I'm guessing it'll be pointless to ask if you brought any coins.....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

NewYinzer

QuoteI know you're sick, Newyinzer-dono, but in lieu of Alfamillie's very terrifying absence (and besides that your excellent track record with Wiki updates... ^^'), I leave it to you to see if she should be posted up. If you do, I recommend putting her on the right side of the OS9 blurb (just like with Linux-tan and Kami-tux).

I have gone and uploaded the pic on one of my sick days off. I hope this helps, but an image for Mac OS X might help clear the air of confusion. As for the cold...

*sneezes*

...I'm getting better. I should...

*sneezes*

...be back to school on Thursday.

C-Chan

What else can I say but that you RULE?  ^v^

It really does hit the spot.... -v-

Now, though, I'm noticing the glaring gap in the OSX entry.
That too will have to be remedied....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

Oh yes, and I'm currently transmitting my l33t piggy brain powers to help you get even better sooner.  -v-'

*transmits l33t piggy brain waves*

rdhdtwns

Oh NewYinzer, you still don't feel good? :__:

Nurse Codi to the rescue! *transforms*

I hope you can get better~!

C-chan, I can only translate so much :_: pitkin'll have to do the rest... wah. Huh I sound slightly obsessed with XP-tan, and I'm a girl. I must sound really scary. >.>;;
So cute it\'s deadly!

C-Chan

Nah... for a lot of people, that's actually supposed to be like "the best of both worlds" or something.....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

Hopefully one day I'll be skilled enough to translate, but present or not you'll have to play the role of the sensei till then.  ^v^

*bows and grovels before Codi*

Course, I'm almost done with the holy preparations for Unix-sama's summoning, so I might need to disappear for a while myself....  ^v^'

*goes off to buy new high-end computer exclusively for said holy preparation*

Ultimaninja

huh I could get my sister to help...and join the forum...

or I could preserve my sanity at home and have her call me names less...

choices choices...

btw @ NewYinzer: Hope you feel better soon! If it helps I won't go into cosplay (no duh XP), but I'll send you xp images yet to be released on this site before I host 'em here...

NewYinzer

Thank you all for your kind words! I appear to be on the road to recovery and will probably be well enough to return to school on Thursday. In spite of this, I have uploaded several files to the gallery and added to the Wikipedia article. I hope to...

*sneezes*

...get better!

Ultimaninja

Get better as in able to function properly in the normal world

or

Get better as in being able to think and act like you normally do?