Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

You should totally bring it.  You should also totally bring one of those awesome posters advertising free Wi-Fi on the train to me.

Congrats Paul!

I've been trying to figure out what to post on OSC, you know, so I can post more often.  Unfortunately work tends to drain any urge I have to do anything when I get home.... so....

Bella

POST MOAR, STEWART!!!

If I can find a bag big enough I'll bring my laptop. I can't make any promises about stealing shit off the train though, lol.... >>;;

Also .... here are some congratulatory treats for Paul! :D

Nichi

You should follow Stew's advice and steal the free wifi posters. After all, I took an airplane barf bag with me xD
I figured I'd find some use for it xD

Krizonar

I still have my room key from Hawaii, but tell no one of this.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on June 18, 2012, 10:25:36 AM
makes sweet blender noises whilst running

if only all computers could sound this healthy. :3

@stew: post more. even if it's just in forum games or something.

@stealing souveniers: here's a lovely story for you all:

when i was about 7-9 years old, we went to Portsmouth, NH, and went to the public pool there. as nice a pool as it was, the staff was some of the most incompetent dumbfucks i've ever come across. i'm not sure who devised the "safety" rules there, but i'm sure they must have thought that every person who was under 18 who was going to walk through that door was sure to have some sort of mental setback or suffered from a common sense deficiency. if i recall, anyone under 12-13 wasn't allowed out of the shallow end, and those over that age (outside of adults) had to pass a swimming time trial to be allowed in the "deep" end (which was 4 feet and over). out of all of us that went that day, the only one who actually got to go swimming was my cousin joey, as my sister (who is actually older than him by a couple months) wasn't allowed in due to her heart condition and not being able to pass the trial. in the meantime, i was stuck in the shallow end, while i could easily touch bottom halfway into the "deep" end. any time i would go too fast around the pool, i would get whistled at by the lifeguard, who, along with the other staff, treated me like i was 3. needless to say, we all had a crappy time and never ended up going back.
at the end of the day, we were going back to the car, and what did i find in the parking lot but a key on a lanyard. i took it with me, and as we left i could hear the staff frantically running around, yelling about finding the damn key to lock up the pool. and i just stood there and smiled as i walked away.

(i love devious younger me. >:3)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: I remember you bringing that up when we passed by that pool. Nicely played *brofist*

I remember when I was little, I'd always get away with stealing mint chocolate candies from a local Mexican restaurant by way of monitoring my surroundings closely; my mom and the person at the cash register were so focused that they ignored me completely during the process of writing a check. The candies cost like $.10 or something, but hey; I took advantage of my cute charm to get away with it, on top of just being clever >:3

It makes up for thinking Dallas was in a different country than Palestine; because of misreading the sign that said "Entering Dallas County" >_>;;

Chocofreak13

that's kind of always confused me in terms of language. it feels lazy that we only added a letter when differentiating between a section of a state and an entirely different nation. :\

also makes me wonder why we have the word state, while some other countries use the words prefecture or province. :\

EDIT: so guys, i just added two new ringtones to my phone, and now am wondering what to have as my ringtone. as much as i love Egao no Hosoku (aka the closing to Ben-to), i just feel like switching for a bit.

so tell me, OSC, which out of these do you think should be it?

Udon
Fly Away Now
Egao no Hosoku
Tell Your World
Matryoshka

(i'm also considering Shiki no Uta but it seems a bit quiet to be an effective ringtone. :\ )
click to make it bigger

Paul

Thanks for all the nice congratulations ^^. Had one really great day today, ending with a glass of my favorite wine just now ^.^

And... those turtles look really delicious, thanks Bells :D

Nichi

@Kari: I'd go with Udon, personally

Chocofreak13

@pent: thanks for your input!
@paul: oh shit, almost forgot, obligatory vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM
i know i over-post it, but i mean it man. congrats. :3

so in cleaning off my bookshelf, i came across a book only nej (or maybe pitkin) could read: Blomsterfesten i täppan.

i'm also planning on rearranging my manga, in which i will also take a new count of the amount of manga i have. expect a total either late tonight or tomorrow.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Woo! Epic manga collection! >w<

Exa

Heh. It has been a long time since I last bought a manga - I think it was the first volume of A Certain Scientific Railgun - nowadays I kind of lack in extra money I could spend on that hobby. Oh well. I wonder how big is that collection, but we will see.

Chocofreak13

around 450 volumes at last count. most of my stuff was discounted or free. :\
click to make it bigger

Exa

Wow! My collection is around 50, but that includes a bunch of Original English Language manga, so yeah, your collection is superior to mine in every way.

Chocofreak13

aw, c'mon now. ^///^;;

eh, the collection is a source of pride for me. ^^ i should mention that some of those volumes are manga magazines, art books, and how to draw books, too. :3
i also have a pair of Touhou doujinshi in chinese. :\
click to make it bigger