Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

My parents got my ears pierced when I was under a year old, I wore earrings on and off throughout my toddlerhood/childhood with no issues. When I got older and started buying my own jewelry I sometimes had issues with ear irritation, but that was probably because of cheap earring materials.

Having earrings as a little kid made me feel kind of cool, tbh, especially around kids who didn't have pierced ears ... I thought it was really awesome that my parents chose that for me, and got it done on me when I was really little so I wouldn't remember it. ^^; (And a lot of the girls in my family had pierced ears so it felt like a family tradition too.)

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 03, 2012, 09:20:25 PM
My sister never had her ears pierced because, as she put it, "having something dangling from my earlobes would drive me crazy"

What about studs/hoops/non-dangly kinds?

For me, earrings are probably the only item of jewelry I feel comfortable wearing near-constantly and the only kind that doesn't get in my way during daily activities. I very rarely wear bracelets, rings are sometimes okay but I tend to tire of them quickly (when you factor in all the drawing/hand washing I tend to do during the course of the day) and necklaces, I dunno, sometimes I'll really get on a necklace kick and sometimes I won't wear one for months.

Nichi

I wouldn't know. I guess for her, the thought of putting anything on her earlobes like that would annoy her ^_^;

Nichi

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on June 03, 2012, 11:36:03 PM
I hate when overprotective people say people shouldn't get their ears pierced while in grade school too! I got my ears pierced back when I was 5th grade, though I was 19 at the time. Don't worry, I turned out juuuuuust fine and dandy! I got a cookie after the piercings were over!

Am I reading this right? It feels like there's a typo or something in there

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on June 03, 2012, 11:59:36 PM
Quote from: Aurora Borealis on June 03, 2012, 11:36:03 PM
I hate when overprotective people say people shouldn't get their ears pierced while in grade school too! I got my ears pierced back when I was 5th grade, though I was 19 at the time. Don't worry, I turned out juuuuuust fine and dandy! I got a cookie after the piercings were over!

Am I reading this right? It feels like there's a typo or something in there

I'm guessing she mistyped "10".

Bella

Spoiler: ShowHide
I must have botched my humor perception roll, since I have no idea what the joke was ._.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

@Aurora: I wasn't 100% sure, but part of me was thinking it was a joke; as it felt like the sort of thing Pitkin would say when she's being silly ^_^;

svx

Spoiler: ShowHide
Hello,

I am the internet.

[spoiler]And I'm AMAZING
[/spoiler]

Bella

I can believe that svx is the human representation of the internet.

I mean you basically seem to be all that the internet stands for! Randomness, humor, lurking, computer repair, among other things. : p

Cockleshell

But. I was born due to the internet. My parents met via BBS and that's how I became a person.
Hmm... What are the ramifications?
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella

That's so cool Cockle. If you don't mind me asking, did they live near each other and just happen to meet online, or was it a long distance thing?

Chocofreak13

damn cockle. i thought that kind of thing only happened in this day and age. to know that your parents met due to dial-up in the 90's makes you exponentially cooler. :0

so today was the last anime club. there were hugs, teacher annoyance over Ben-to (claimed it was "too racy" >>;;; ) and licensed anime was played (they liked Princess Jellyfish so much it's coming back next year. i can finally show them licenced torrented anime!!! ^^ [even though the "racy' barrier wasn't broken, the licensed one was, so i'm happy. :3 ])
i also handed out copies of Ben-to, but sadly there were more people there today than i had copies for. i feel especially bad since dennis (a new member this year) is graduating and i had to take away the disks since there was a message for next year's AC team and one of the members of that wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. ;^; he said it's alright, but i'm gonna try to contact him via email to see if i can send him something to make up for it. :\
otherwise, things went well. i'm looking forward to next year's people and lineup. (i can't wait!! >w< )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Cockle: That is awesome >w<
@Kari: Very nice ^_^

So, I deposited my trip savings back into my bank account; keeping a little bit of it on hand in case I need some cash. With everything packed, all that's left to do is pass the time with some Cowboy Bebop or something :3

Chocofreak13

what bank account do you use again? capital one? did you check if there are any branches of that around here, or are you just going to suck it up and deal with the ATM fees? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yep, Capital One. I checked, and the closest one is in Connecticut, but I have a solution to using ATMs:

If I need more cash, go to Wal-Mart, buy something small (Like a pack of gum, a donut, a Coke, etc.), use my card as an actual debit card, and choose to get cash back. Flawless -w-