Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

mine is just.....slow. in the head. poor thing.

@amiga: didn't they release a new amiga a couple years ago? there was a topic about it somewhere here. :\
@pitkin: i want one, too. ;^;
also, am i to assume Hemglasse is Scandinavian for ice cream? (i generalize because both our scandinavian residents had them.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'd love to get an Amiga, if I could ever find one. They honestly feel like an urban legend where I live; much like NEC :\

@Pit: The toy ice cream truck sounds nice :3

Chocofreak13

it's all in where you live. like how if i mentioned Kinder Eggs, everyone in europe and me would know what i'm talking about, but the people from america might have a harder time getting it. :3
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Kinder surprise is banned here. ;_;
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

Hemglass is another of those Swedish joined words. The elements are "Hem", home, and "Glass", ice cream. Hemglass thus means something akin to "ice cream at home", or as is the case here, "ice cream delivered to/bought at your home".

Another reason why I loooove this language. You can screw around so much with it without breaking any rules whatsoever <3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

@Nej: Awesome :3

@Kinder Eggs: I know what they are, but I've never had one. I remember stumbling onto an old ad for them on YouTube once xD

Chocofreak13

i'll ask mum to get you one when she's in canada.

as i'm writing this, i can hear the ice cream truck passing by. i already hunted it down and got something, but the sound is pure torture. i'm programmed to go chasing after it when i hear it. ><;;
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

I spoke to a Finnish friend on the phone just a moment ago and could hear the ice cream truck jingle in the background. x)

Nichi

Awesome :3

I hope to have a chance to chase after one during my trip

Cockleshell

What you don't know is that the Flavotrons are invading earth, and they're ice cream trucks.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

i for one welcome our new ice cream overlords.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Red and I spent the afternoon looking at used laptops. I really hope the seller of that derpy-but-hopefully-easily-fixable Toshiba Satellite gets back to me...... :/

Nichi

Cool :3

I plan on scooping up a broken ThinkPad or something to fix up sometime soon. I plan on returning to that place armed with my Fedora LiveUSB, since I was having issues with their Ubuntu LiveDVD

Cockleshell

Quote from: Bella on May 28, 2012, 07:24:06 PM
Red and I spent the afternoon looking at used laptops. I really hope the seller of that derpy-but-hopefully-easily-fixable Toshiba Satellite gets back to me...... :/
My Toshiba satellite decided to go poot after a short-out from some new headphones. I found the motherboard fried and the USB port singed. Wtf Toshiba/rosewill???

Chocofreak13

rosewill is an iffy brand from my experience.....i bought their USB to SATA/IDE converter a couple years back. i still have the USB cable for it, but the power cord crapped out on me after a year. useful, but has become less so since i need to attach it to a computer to use it now. :\

also, i think the battery may have died in this thing. i unplugged it from the wall, intending to show my mum a picture of the uniform i was planning on buying (DAMN YOU, PENT), but when i did so, TK shut off. :\
click to make it bigger