Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 28, 2012, 10:03:44 AM
also, bella, whenever you're around, come on skype. i'd like to know if you're going to be at haru matsuri tomorrow. :\

I can't make it due to lack of money. Basically I had to decide if I wanted to spend, like $80 on bus fare now or use that money to visit you and Pentium if you visit up here (by which I mean Laconia/someplace else in the Lakes Region).

Quote from: Krizonar on April 28, 2012, 10:19:28 AM
I guess I'll haggle for $850, which is ironically about what I bought it for before I upgraded the case, ram and cpu. I also forgot to mention I'm including games with it, that's why my original price was its exact (not built or shipped) worth, I was giving away stuff with it. Didn't think to post that at 3 am.

I'm also not sure if I'd call a 4 month old machine used.

If no one buys her on  craigslist or anything, I suppose I'll be keeping her and not getting her changed into a laptop, lol.

Gaming computers are notoriously hard to sell it seems, even when there are systems worse than mine up for $300 more.

Must be the area you're living in, gaming machines seem to pass through Boston CL really quickly.

At any rate, I think that's a fare price - I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer for it.

Red-Machine

Tell that to the people in techPowerUp!'s Buy/Sell/Trade subforum.  If it's been "used once for a few hours", it's considerd used goods.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Krizonar

Quote from: Red-Machine on April 28, 2012, 11:22:34 AM

Tell that to the people in techPowerUp!'s Buy/Sell/Trade subforum.  If it's been "used once for a few hours", it's considerd used goods.
Guess Apple spoiled me with my laptop being rated "like new" until the new models actually came out.

And yeah Choco, real gaming computers (really high performance) typically aren't on the market and if they are, it's just a company that builds one you customized and ships it to you. You can't just go out and buy a computer with a graphics card as high performing as mine in it, for instance.

Bella, I've repeatedly told you how terrible craigslist is here. :P

Chocofreak13

@red: like a used car.

@kriz: hate to say it, but you could always part it out. i'd say work the parts into your other machines, but you'd be in the same boat i'd be if i were to try to part out quincey here. (not that i would. quincey may be slow but he's a member of the family. >>; )

@bella: dammit. i was going to give you your con present then, along with a rooting needle for your dollfie (how is she, btw?), and pit's card. but i guess i'll wait till pent is here, since then we can all take a pic with the last one. :3

also, how would you feel about a visit to the flume? pretty sure pent wanted to go there, and i'd like to go back. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The flume sounds awesome ^_^

That's part of why I shipped my water bottle ahead of me; so I'd have it when we go there

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on April 28, 2012, 11:39:23 AMBella, I've repeatedly told you how terrible craigslist is here. :P

Yeah, I recall that now - my bad. ^^;

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 28, 2012, 11:41:38 AM@bella: dammit. i was going to give you your con present then, along with a rooting needle for your dollfie (how is she, btw?), and pit's card. but i guess i'll wait till pent is here, since then we can all take a pic with the last one. :3

also, how would you feel about a visit to the flume? pretty sure pent wanted to go there, and i'd like to go back. ^^

It sucks. I really wanted to go but I have to be careful with money at this point/use it in the smartest way possible. : /

I think it would be a lot of fun visiting The Flume - I can't remember the last time I was there in the summer (usually sneak in during the winter when it's closed ^^;) so it'd be a new experience for me too. Are there any other places you'd like to visit up here? We could maybe go to Lincoln and visit that killer (and very cheap) Thai restaurant (if they're open, the hours are kind of weird). We could check out Littleton too, but that's maybe 20 miles north of The Flume and I don't know if you guys would want to drive that far when you've already come over 100 miles...

Nichi

Not sure, but I've never had Thai food before. I'm up for trying it :3

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 28, 2012, 11:41:38 AM
@kriz: hate to say it, but you could always part it out. i'd say work the parts into your other machines, but you'd be in the same boat i'd be if i were to try to part out quincey here. (not that i would. quincey may be slow but he's a member of the family. >>; )

The only reason I was looking to sell is having two gaming computers would be kinda pointless.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Nanami, I just like laptops!

stewartsage

Well, I went to the flea market.  Not much there I could afford/was willing to pay for unfortunately, though the guy with Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Brothers 3 still had them for sale.  There was also a guy with a sweet old ham radio for a bargain, thirty bucks, but he didn't have the manual/part numbers I'd have needed to repair it.  Same guy also had a 1st Infantry Division Ike jacket that I didn't even ask about.  In the end, I got myself Turn and Burn: No Fly Zone for the SNES.

Nichi

NejinOniwa

I was on a boat. It was on land.

Launching preparation SUCKS.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@bella: i think my mum's car insurance's head office is in littleton, to which she remarked how far away it was. mind you, it might not be that bad since we'd already be there, but i get the feeling that if i chipped in for gas it might make it better.
that said, beyond the flume, she was considering taking the car up mt. washington. there's also a couple towns we love to go to, like goffstown, plymouth, and laconia. if you can reccomend the thai place, and it's reasonably priced, i don't think we'd have an issue with going, though if i spot a pizza or chinese place, expect me to drool. :3 (and i hate spicy food.)
also, 100 miles? it never feels that far......though we were on the road for a long time. and the valleys we drove through that were lined with trees, it was so beautiful, something comparable to a religious experience. *w*

@kriz: it's too bad they can't work together. :\
@stew: i love flea markets. ^^ glad you got something cool, though if i were you i would have pounced on a couple more of those items. :\
our local one sells Cheongsams (chinese-style dresses) that are 75% silk on the cheap. dunno if that's a real figure, but they're beautiful, and would be over double the price elsehwhere. ^^
@pent: the flume is fuckin' beautiful. as i said, getting there felt like something of a religious experience, ane the flume is like standing in it. ^^
@nej: we've reached that beautiful-yet-awkward point of the year where it's not quite spring anymore but it's not quite summer. :\

EDIT: not that anyone can afford it, but i found some strike witches plushies.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I'm pretty much ready to roll for my trip; with roughly 37 days to go >w<

Bella

I'd totally be up for a trip to Mount Washington (never been up it before). Let me know what you guys decide to do, since I'm probably going to bring my own car (unless you'd be willing to pick me up - maybe I can get a friend to drive me to Plymouth/drop me off there so you don't have to go so far out of your way).

I still have SO MUCH WORK to do in (hypothetically) taking a trip this summer. It looks like I'd have to stay with Stew the entire time and thus couldn't lie like hell to my family, so I have the impossible task of convincing my dad that my boyfriend isn't a "typical man", his view of "typical men" being more rooted in stereotypes than any kind of reality. And then I'd have to secure funding. Thennn I'd only have to worry about Stew getting in trouble for having me over longer than is "allowed".... >:z

Nichi

Mt. Washington sounds cool, as well; so if Kari wants to go, we can meet up there :3

Also, hope you work out all the details with going to see Stew